claire_arg_2016

Having a baby between medical exam and k-1 embassy interview - will we have to start over?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey there, I hope someone might have some insight into this particular situation:

My fiancé and I started the K-1 process in 2014 in Buenos Aires, Argentina; he went for his embassy interview in early 2015 and his application was suspended (for admitting to smoking pot. Whoops.)

They told him he needed to go back to the doctor one year after his initial appointment, which he will do in March 2016. He may need to go back for another embassy interview - he was told in 2015 that he might not need to return since everything else was in order, but I suspect they'll bring him back in (since they told us lots of conflicting things that day).

Here's the thing: I'll be giving birth to our first child (probably) between his doctor's appointment and that embassy interview. We both filed for his K-1 visa without including any children on the forms since we didn't have any at the time, but now his situation will be different by the time he goes in for the interview.

Should we let the embassy know about this pending change or stay quiet? I would HATE to have to start the paper work over after already waiting an extra year!

Let me know if you have any insight around this!

Edited by claire_arg_2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Since he is the beneficiary (he was the one that has the interview), you, the petitioner, having a child is meaningless to his visa processing.

On his 129f form, yes you would have listed all his children, but he has none. You filled out a G-325A form but it doesn't ask for information for children.

So there is nothing to disclose....or hide.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Yes, as the beneficiary, he will have no issues.

If during the interview, the CO asks if he has any children, then he can just point out that you, the petitioner/his wife, is pregnant or just gave birth on so and so date.

At the time of submission, you guys answered truthfully on the I129F and G325A, so it will not be a problem.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

eh - if there is a child on interview day, might want to knock out a new I-134 showing the child.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

, the petitioner/his wife,

Don't say that......his fiance' yes.

is pregnant or just gave birth on so and so date.

At the time of submission, you guys answered truthfully on the I129F and G325A, so it will not be a problem.

He's not related to you so therefore your child has no bearing on his visa processing.

Yes to the updated 134 form, since there will be another dependent and the household size will increase.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

, the petitioner/his wife,

Don't say that......his fiance' yes.

is pregnant or just gave birth on so and so date.

He's not related to you so therefore your child has no bearing on his visa processing.

Yes to the updated 134 form, since there will be another dependent and the household size will increase.

Sorry, my mistake, yes, fiance.

But, it is his child, no? The CO asking if he has any children is a valid question.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Timeline

Sorry, my mistake, yes, fiance.

But, it is his child, no? The CO asking if he has any children is a valid question.

The male is the beneficiary, He is not, yet, married to the petitioner, the female who is with child.

IF the child is his, then yes an updated 129f form should be brought to the interview.

However the child would not need a K-2 visa because it is already in the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.