cjjackson01

Could use a little help and advice please

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

When we originally sent off for our K1, my wife was 17, I was 20, she had to get a consent form from the courthouse and have her parents sign it, even though she was turning 18 before I actually got approved/went over to marry her.

You needed that since you filed the petition when she was under 18 years old. If one waits until the person reaches their 18th birthday, then all that is not required.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

You needed that since you filed the petition when she was under 18 years old. If one waits until the person reaches their 18th birthday, then all that is not required.

The funny thing about ours was, she turned 18 in November of that year, and we received the RFE asking for Parenctal consent in October, literally a month before her birthday, it was easy enough to get done so I can't complain.

-K-1 Timeline-                                                                                         -ROC Timeline-
Visited girlfriend first time - 07/20/13                                                    Sent - 12/16/16
I-129f Filed - 08/04/13                                                                              NOA 1 - 12/19/16
NOA1 - 08/20/13                                                                                       Biometrics - 01/27/17
Visited girlfriend second time - 09/10/13 - 09/30/13                       Card Production - 6/14/18
RFE - 08/28/13 (parental consent from courthouse)                        Card in hand - 6/21/18
NOA2 - 11/05/13
Visited girlfriend third time - 11/14/13                                           -Citizenship filed Dec 13th 2018-
Case Shipped to NVC - 12/16/13                                                       Biometrics - Jan 3rd, 2018
NVC Case number - 12/26/13                                                            Interview - September 27th 2019 (Approved!)
Sent to London Embassy - 12/27/13                                                Oath - October 31st 2019 (Journey finally OVER!!)
DS - 160 Sent - 05/01/14
Readiness Form Sent - 06/01/14
Medical - 01/09/14
DS Forms & Medical Received By Embassy - 01/14/14
Interview - 02/13/14 APPROVED!!
CEAC Issued - 02/19/14
Visa in hand - 02/24/14
POE: Newark - 02/25/14
Married - 03/22-14

-AOS Timeline-
Filed - 04/16/14
NOA1 Email - 04/24/14

NOA1 Letters - 04/28/14

Biometrics Appointment - 05/19/14

RFE - 04/16/14

EAD Card Production - 07/03/14

EAD In Hand - 07/11/14

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 07/29/14

Approved! - 03/16/15 (Took Almost 11 months total)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

i would make sure the 2 of u read carefully the guidelines as there is a minimum income requirement

Hard for me to believe any 17 turning 18 year old can meet that

don't financially put yourself in trouble from the beginning

this is not to discourage you but please take it as advuse and know all you are getting into

the cost, for instance, of getting marketplace health insurance for the new spouse is high

and as young as you are, children will follow

be careful

plan for all this

and read the requirements carefully

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello to the VJ community. My name is CJ, and i have some things i could really use some help and advice with. Me and my girlfriends situation is sort of difficult to sort out in regards to gaining the information we need for the K1 visa process. we have quite a few concerns. A quick background, me and her had met playing videos games years ago and it was just recent that we have decided to get together and to marry. While we do have a genuine intent and all, we are kind of nervous that it might be very difficult to prove so when we file the 129 form package. I'll explain below.

Currently we have not met, and we are planning for her to come over the first week of may for a few weeks to visit and meet, due to the requirement of meeting in person, as well as obviously we really want to anyway. Our concern here is that she is not 18 as of yet, and will be april 30th, hence why waiting for the first week of may. While we do have phone records, skype messages and calls, as well as transactions between our bank accounts, as well as when she arrives i will be proposing and will keep that receipt for the ring as well, can we use proof from before her turning 18 since in the US 18 is the legal age? as well as what can we do to provide sufficient evidence of our relationship. The 129 package being the first thing to be completed, and our situation currently, has us very much concerned and afraid. Anything would be great, thanks in advance.

Did you read the K1 guide on this website? It is very very helpful.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i would make sure the 2 of u read carefully the guidelines as there is a minimum income requirement

Hard for me to believe any 17 turning 18 year old can meet that

don't financially put yourself in trouble from the beginning

this is not to discourage you but please take it as advuse and know all you are getting into

the cost, for instance, of getting marketplace health insurance for the new spouse is high

and as young as you are, children will follow

be careful

plan for all this

and read the requirements carefully

The initial plan was for me to move to the UK, but we had discussed it and she would rather come here to the US. She is turning 18, Not myself. My current pay is 22,800 a year, almost 30,000 after overtime is considered. As well as get full benefits at work she should be able to get medical under my insurance. Also, i am taking it as advise, as far as i have been able to tell, we should have no problems as far as requirements financially on my end. We are planning this all very carefully, we just want this to go as smoothly as possible, I have done quite a bit of research and reading, and much of it was found here, thats actually what drew me to joining VJ, you guys all have been very helpful already in the last two days.

Edited by cjjackson01

Timeline

Did you read the K1 guide on this website? It is very very helpful.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

I have been looking at the guide a bit today, even with all the information, it is still a bit intimidating. Mainly just due to the fear of something going wrong or being denied. The 129 package to me seems to be the most complicated part to me, but it is also possible i am just over thinking it, which would make it seem more difficult.

You likely are over thinking it. London denials are pretty scarce for a UK citizen without ties to high fraud countries.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

My fiancé is from the UK as well. I sent in my petition last August and our Visa was just approved on Feb 2. Our experience with the Embassy in London was fantastic and we sailed through it, however we had 4 years of passport stamps, airplane ticket stubs, photographs, ect. I wish you the best of luck, be sure to meet each other's families and document that, we found that to be helpful!

Timeline

thats good you guys were able to meet many times. Unfortunately, we do not have that luxury. As much as we would like to, it is very expensive. Our meeting in may is the soonest we can meet, and her situation at home is creating hardship for her financially. so we are doing what we can. Hopefully it'll all work out in our favor. We are really hoping that as long as we provide the proof of her coming here, and us meeting, as well as making sure the 129 package is put together correctly, that there will be no issues moving forward. From what Nich-Nick has said, that once we meet in may, and have that proof, and verify that we have the required documents and all sorted, it should be enough, i really hope this is enough, and that we are just being paranoid.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been looking at the guide a bit today, even with all the information, it is still a bit intimidating. Mainly just due to the fear of something going wrong or being denied. The 129 package to me seems to be the most complicated part to me, but it is also possible i am just over thinking it, which would make it seem more difficult.

Sit back, take a deep breath, relax and do not stress. I know that it can seem very overwhelming as it is total information overload. Take one step at a time and review everything. Just follow the guidelines and ask questions on VJ if you are not sure. VJ is a great tool and there are a lot of knowledgeable members in this community that are always willing to answer questions that new members may have.

Do you all of your research before you send anything off. I am 2 weeks away from my citizenship interview and with the exception of my N-400 application (citizenship), I did everything from K1-AOS-ROC all by myself because of the useful information that this site has. My husband just signed the paperwork in the applicable areas where I had put pointy post-it sign here arrows.

Once you have submitted your K1 application, do your research and see what the next step will require. DO NOT GET OVERWHELMED. As long as you stay organized, you should be okay.

You will want to start gathering documents to prove that you have a legit relationship (ie. plane tickets for visits, pics together, phone records, emails etc.). Again start researching what the process will be after you have accquired the K1 visa. Just be prepared to know that this is a long process and it is the waiting that is the hardest.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Good Luck

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.