~Alessa~

Several questions about financial documents

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone! I have several questions about financial side of the K-1 visa process. Our petition got approved recently. I know I need to get done interview in embassy and AOS.

1. Is that alright if my US fiance's income is close to the lowest line in Poverty Guidelines? For example, his income is 22,000 and acceptable for 2 person (me and him) is 19,912 right now.

2. Also, he lives in US but works for canadian company like independent contractor (self-employed) so he can't get a W-2 form and 1099, Canada had their own forms I guess. He just files his taxes on his own, using form 1040. Is this acceptable for AOS and embassy interview?

3. Also, Moscow embassy wants to see bank statements, but my fiance doesn't keep much money there, he spends it, so they won't see much income there. Do they ask to prove somehow your income in tax return if you don't have a W-2 or 1099 form? or they just accept the income you filed to IRS?

So, I would go in embassy with copies of: 1.1040; 2.1040 schedule C; and 3. bank statements (how many mons do they need?) for the last 3-4 mons. ; 4. I-134 form

I would want to bring tax transcripts but for my fiance this option will be possible in June.

I am wondering if these documents will be enough for both embassy and AOS? obviously for AOS uscis wants I-864 form and AOS seems even easier because, like I understand, they only need copy of tax return or tax transcript, no bank statements, no employer letter.

Edited by ~Alessa~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Why won't he file taxes until June? The paperwork that you are bringing look a little weak....

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

Why won't he file taxes until June? The paperwork that you are bringing look a little weak....

He is going to file soon, but the tax transcripts are only available in June for him.

Also, the canadian company will send a copy of his contract, I don't know what else to bring...

of course, our photos together and skype chat too but I was asking about financial documents.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Why wouldn't his tax transcripts be available until June? That makes no sense.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If he is self employed (not earning an hourly wage or monthly/weekly salary) then the income used is from line 22 of the form 1040 for the most recent tax year.

If the transcript is not available then submit a photocopy of the entire tax return and supporting documents. Again, if he is considered self employed (independent contractor) be sure that the amount shown on line 22 meets the requirement.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

If he is self employed (not earning an hourly wage or monthly/weekly salary) then the income used is from line 22 of the form 1040 for the most recent tax year.

If the transcript is not available then submit a photocopy of the entire tax return and supporting documents. Again, if he is considered self employed (independent contractor) be sure that the amount shown on line 22 meets the requirement.

Thanks so much for reply!

I just worry how to explain in embassy I'm not bringing W-2 or 1099, I will tell the truth of course, that my fiance is self-employed for the foreign company. Do you think they will be alright with this?

Again, thanks for reply, it helps!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The bank statements are not to show how much he currently has in the bank. They are used to see how much income is deposited monthly, for proving his annual income amount. I would provide at least the last 6 months worth along with everything else you are using.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

The bank statements are not to show how much he currently has in the bank. They are used to see how much income is deposited monthly, for proving his annual income amount. I would provide at least the last 6 months worth along with everything else you are using.

Thanks for reply. I see, but the thing is that he gets money on his paypal account and doesn't transfer much money on his bank account.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone! I have several questions about financial side of the K-1 visa process. Our petition got approved recently. I know I need to get done interview in embassy and AOS.

1. Is that alright if my US fiance's income is close to the lowest line in Poverty Guidelines? For example, his income is 22,000 and acceptable for 2 person (me and him) is 19,912 right now.

Yes

2. Also, he lives in US but works for canadian company like independent contractor (self-employed) so he can't get a W-2 form and 1099, Canada had their own forms I guess. He just files his taxes on his own, using form 1040. Is this acceptable for AOS and embassy interview?

Yes, obtaining the free IRS tax transcripts is best.

3. Also, Moscow embassy wants to see bank statements, but my fiance doesn't keep much money there, he spends it, so they won't see much income there. Do they ask to prove somehow your income in tax return if you don't have a W-2 or 1099 form? or they just accept the income you filed to IRS?

Bank statements are not required. Have him obtain the IRS tax transcripts which are free.

So, I would go in embassy with copies of: 1.1040; 2.1040 schedule C; and 3. bank statements (how many mons do they need?) for the last 3-4 mons. ; 4. I-134 form

Or even better the free IRS tax transcripts. He can apply for them online.

I would want to bring tax transcripts but for my fiance this option will be possible in June.

He can get them for prior years and then just use a letter from his employer stating his salary (if he can get it but not a show stopper) and copies of recent pay summaries.

I am wondering if these documents will be enough for both embassy and AOS? obviously for AOS uscis wants I-864 form and AOS seems even easier because, like I understand, they only need copy of tax return or tax transcript, no bank statements, no employer letter.

Employer letter would help but not required if he can not get it. And yes all the same for AOS.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for reply. I see, but the thing is that he gets money on his paypal account and doesn't transfer much money on his bank account.

Then have him show the paypal statements. He is trying to provide documentation of the income he receives.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.