64 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

This whole Adminstrative processing thing drives me crazyy. I sent an email to Ustraveldocs and it got escalated to post . I asked if they wanted any documents or a wavier considering my spouse has a 10 year bar. They reply with

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your email. The USCIS has denied the waivers you applied for, so you will be ineligible to enter the US until 2018.

Regards

So any thoughts what do I do? Will he be under AP for two years?!?!? They arent asking us for a wavier! and they are tell us to wait until AP is over. We have hit the 60 day mark. Has this ever happened? Wht would they reopen his case and then make him wait two years? please can someone tell me whats going on?!?!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

with no more information we cannot give an opinion

why does he have a 10 year ban? did the ban qualify for a waiver in the first place? if not, why did you file for him before the 10 year ban was over?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from CR-1 spousal visa to Waivers forum for more answers *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

60 days is just a nice little number when it comes to AP.AP can go on for months and even years!

The bigger questions here is the ban. Why did he get it in the first place? And is the ban up in 2018? What waiver did you send in?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

He was deported in 2008 under grounds of inadmissiblty. He came into the U.S. illegally thus was place under a ten year ban. case creation date :dec 27. 2006. case status: Adminstrative processing. He has been in jordan for 8 years. We have filed an I 212 and I 601 back in 2009 both were denied. lack of proof of hardship and because we did the wavier before we were advised to do so. At the interview in 2009 the consulate denied my husband a visa after we told him we have filed a wavier he said we werebt supposed to until he told us to. They closed his case. On November 17 2015 we prepared a new I130. We made an interview to submit it.We told the consulate we had and old approved I130 from 2006 and he told us that he reopened his case. He said we might need a wavier. he also told us to track the CEAC website. I contacted Ustraveldocs many time on the phone and by email: They sent me an email stating :"note that your visa case is in final processing onces its ready for pick up you will be notified via email". I sent another email asking them if they need documents or are waiting for us to file a wavier and my case was "escalated to post" today they replied with:

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your email. The USCIS has denied the waivers you applied for, so you will be ineligible to enter the US until 2018.

Regards

soooo what do i do seriously i wanna break down in tears. They dont want us to file a wavier? will he be i. Ap for two years until the ban is over? why arent they giving him the option of a wavier for the last two years of the ban? Please someone help I dont know what to do.!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do you have a new waiver package to file?

My guess is that they see that you have a refused visa so no need to raise the waiver question, assuming he does not have a lifetime bar waiverable after 10 years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Do you have a new waiver package to file?

My guess is that they see that you have a refused visa so no need to raise the waiver question, assuming he does not have a lifetime bar waiverable after 10 years.

No thats the thing they arent telling me I need a wavier. Everytime I call them its the same answer your under Ap wait until its over. I had to ask them about waviers they didnt bring it up. I asked them if they are waiting for us to provide them with any documents or a wavier? and i asked if he needs a wavier if so which one and whom.do i send it to. thier reply is so vague. If i needed one why didnt they just tell me which one to file? why did they just give me info i already had. I know he has a ten year bar. But why would they reopen his case in November 2015 only to keep it open for another 2 years ? why would the open the case and place him under ap ? why arent they asking for a wavier? if the visa was refused how come they sent me an email saying its in final processing and when its ready ill be notified via email. Im confused. and the case status says Ap not refused nor denied. .

Timeline

Well the waiver can only be adjudicated if there is an approved petition, well except for the need for the waiver, sounds like you do not have an otherwise approvable visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

For the next 2 yrs call & email NVC to keep your I 130 live, he will NOT e adjudicated until then

USCIS will take any forms & money sent in, so if you send them waivers & fees again they'll it &

send again that he cant enter until 2 yrs time , occupy yourselves both in the meantime with

love notes mailed , emails & your skype.80 days prior to the end request new interview...best wisher

Timeline

No means clear a waiver would not work before then.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The things you can do are:

1. Reapply for a waiver- most likely a waste of money but would keep the case alive.

2. Keep in contact at least once a year with the embassy or NVC

3.Reapply once the waiver is no longer required in 2 years.

Not very good choices, but you waited this long already.

K1 Visa Journey

Event Date
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
Consulate: Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent: 2012-12-27
I-129F NOA1: 2013-01-17
I-129F RFE(s): 2013-05-31
RFE Reply(s): 2013-06-04
I-129F NOA2: 2013-12-19

Consulate Received: 2014-04-17
Packet 3 Received: 2014-06-13
Packet 3 Sent: 2014-06-17
Packet 4 Received: 2014-08-27
Interview Date: 2014-10-24

Interview Result: Administrative Review
Second Interview
(If Required): No
Approved: 2014-07-17
Visa in hand: 2014-07-21

Adjustment of Status

Event Date
CIS Office: Chicago Lockbox/Tampa FL
Date Filed: 2015-12-07
NOA Date: 2015-12-16
NOA Hardcopy: 2015-12-21
RFE(s):
Bio. Appt.:
AOS Transfer**:
Interview Date:
Approval / Denial Date:
Approved:
Got I551 Stamp:
Green card Received:
Comments: Angry white men be like

xfarp.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Sounds like they denied the 212 waiver, which means they (USCIS) denied him permission to apply for the visa before the ban is up (OR his ineligibility is one for which no processing can be done for 10 years, 212(a)(9)©). Once the ten years is up, then the process can proceed and they will need updated documents, etc. at that time.

Timeline

He is my husband i have to childern one is six and the other is 2 years old. Both are american citizens. I dont have to prove we are together bc we have childern together. But our main problem is this waeir. Our lawyer is asking for 8 thousand for an I 212. I am hoping I can do it on my own but i dont even know what goes in the packet.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Waivers are EXTREMELY complicated. It is best to leave it to a lawyer. Although 8,000 is a bit steep. I know a great attorney who can do it for much less.

K-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: Mumbai, India

Met at University in UK: 2010

Engaged in India: 03/31/2014

I-129F Sent: 06/20/2014

NOA1: 06/25/2014

NOA2: 12/16/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 12/23/2014

Case Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/05/2015

Case Sent to Consulate: 01/08/2015

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 01/09/2015

Applied for PCC: 01/20/2015

PCC in hand: 02/23/2015

Medical: 01/23/2015

Completed DS-160 and paid visa fee: 02/20/2015

Interview: 03/13/2015 APPROVED :)--> Same day went into AP

Visa "issued" on CEAC webstie: 03/16/2015

:goofy: :goofy: Visa in hand! 03/18/2015 :goofy::goofy:

POE: 06/04/2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

AOS Journey

06.11.2015- City Hall Wedding

06.29.2015- Mailed AOS Package

07.01.2015 - Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

07.02.2015- Date Received as per USCIS

07.09.2015- NOA1 for EAD/AP

07.24.2015- RFE :ranting:

08.13.2015- USCIS accepted RFE response

09.08.2015- EAD received

Waiting for the interview :clock:

12.19.2015 WE GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!!!! No interview :)

ROC

10.25.2017 ROC packet received by VT Service Center

11.02.2017- Received NOA dated 10.26.2017

11.29.17- Completed Biometrics

Waiting for the interview :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.