mmarlo

God is a myth, scientist says

21 posts in this topic

Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history

Interesting article which suggest otherwise..

Atheist hubris

The crimes of atheism have generally been perpetrated through a hubristic ideology that sees man, not God, as the creator of values. Using the latest techniques of science and technology, man seeks to displace God and create a secular utopia here on earth. Of course if some people - the Jews, the landowners, the unfit, or the handicapped - have to be eliminated in order to achieve this utopia, this is a price the atheist tyrants and their apologists have shown themselves quite willing to pay. Thus they confirm the truth of Fyodor Dostoyevsky's dictum, "If God is not, everything is permitted."

Whatever the motives for atheist bloodthirstiness, the indisputable fact is that all the religions of the world put together have in 2,000 years not managed to kill as many people as have been killed in the name of atheism in the past few decades.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
<a href="http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1121/p09s01-coop.html" target="_blank">Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history

</a>

Interesting article which suggest otherwise..

Atheist hubris

The crimes of atheism have generally been perpetrated through a hubristic ideology that sees man, not God, as the creator of values. Using the latest techniques of science and technology, man seeks to displace God and create a secular utopia here on earth. Of course if some people - the Jews, the landowners, the unfit, or the handicapped - have to be eliminated in order to achieve this utopia, this is a price the atheist tyrants and their apologists have shown themselves quite willing to pay. Thus they confirm the truth of Fyodor Dostoyevsky's dictum, "If God is not, everything is permitted."

Whatever the motives for atheist bloodthirstiness, the indisputable fact is that all the religions of the world put together have in 2,000 years not managed to kill as many people as have been killed in the name of atheism in the past few decades.

We've already talked about the flaws of that article, among which is the very obvious flaw that the tyrants in question did not commit acts in the name of atheism at all. Hardly the same as killing for the reason of religion.

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just picked up Alister McGrath's response to Dawkin's book "the God Delusion" today.. "The Dawkins Delusion"..

VERRRRY interesting read. Didn't quite finish Dawkins book yet - still on the to do list - just found him going around in circles and dogma, and needed some rest from the book. McGrath makes some good observations esp. in the "science vs. religion" argument that Dawkins tries to stir up in his book.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Religion adds something to people to live through the meaningless of their existence.

For others, they are able to tolerate nothingness and can live successfully without deluding themselves.

I don't believe in the sky god.

My own view is that religious people are crazy and weak. Christian, Muslim, or Jew - all useless and no one is better than the other. Although I would like to say that christians are certainly the worst when it comes to atrocities. The jews are not much better as they suck the blood from the Palestinian people.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard some american say, "I support the Israelis ... who else makes the desert bloom?!" Stupid uneducated plebs.

Edited by Anais Nin

Filed: Timeline

For someone as supposedly brilliant as he is, Dawkins really never examines the other side of the coin. He's also a pompous git; I watched a 2-part special he did on UK television and he pretty much seems to think that the religious are retarded. I don't have much respect for that POV and I'm not religious myself.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth