Lkhan123

In AP after interview. Got email from islamabad embassy

439 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The white sheet does not make any difference, its just a formality, but did the CO tell him that they need to do some MORE "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"? and this AP is not because of any hitch from the Interview nor from any kind of documents missing, cause if so the CO would have told him like your this this document is missing etc.

This is because the system which they are using notifies them to do an AP, it is not in the CO Hands, and also they cannot refuse the cases as they do not have juridictions, our cases are AllhumdulilAllah received at the embassy with approval.

The only trouble is they delay. We are expecting a baby InshahAllah in November, i just hope i get to hold him when that happens.

Prayers for you too.

Regards,

Timeline

The white sheet does not make any difference, its just a formality, but did the CO tell him that they need to do some MORE "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"? and this AP is not because of any hitch from the Interview nor from any kind of documents missing, cause if so the CO would have told him like your this this document is missing etc.

This is because the system which they are using notifies them to do an AP, it is not in the CO Hands, and also they cannot refuse the cases as they do not have juridictions, our cases are AllhumdulilAllah received at the embassy with approval.

The only trouble is they delay. We are expecting a baby InshahAllah in November, i just hope i get to hold him when that happens.

Prayers for you too.

Regards,

Oh that's good to know. It makes me feel better that the cases are approved. No the CO did not tell him the case needs more administrative processing. The interview was really simple CO asked my husband two questions 1. How do we know each other before our marriage 2. If either of us were ever married before that's it. After that CO told him that we need to do more work on your case you'll get your passport back through American Express in a month. I hope we get approved. We have been married for 5 years and we have two kids together a daughter and our son was born 4 months ago. My husband missed both of our kids birth. So I know the feeling. Inshallah you'll be there for your baby. I'll pray for you.

Timeline

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx Have you checked your case status from this link, I think when the CO said we need to do some work he meant AP, this site might have confirm that. We have been married for three years, applied 2.4 years back, Unusual delay at the NVC first stopped us from planning a baby because we wanted to get settled in USA first and then have a newborn, but after 2 years of our married we finally decided let the lil one come to the world, then suddenly my case was approved from NVC and sent to embassy, i received the email for scheduling of interview in May 2016, My wife has just left back on the 6th August and now keeps on crying everyday on the skype saying you need to be here in November at the time of the delivery.

i understand a women needs the much needed support at the time of pregnancy, delivery and afterwords specially from her husband. I feel for you and your husband. May Allah give you strength and get you both (along with the babies :) ) together soon.

when was his interview as 5 years ap is too long ?

Regards,

Timeline

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx Have you checked your case status from this link, I think when the CO said we need to do some work he meant AP, this site might have confirm that. We have been married for three years, applied 2.4 years back, Unusual delay at the NVC first stopped us from planning a baby because we wanted to get settled in USA first and then have a newborn, but after 2 years of our married we finally decided let the lil one come to the world, then suddenly my case was approved from NVC and sent to embassy, i received the email for scheduling of interview in May 2016, My wife has just left back on the 6th August and now keeps on crying everyday on the skype saying you need to be here in November at the time of the delivery.

i understand a women needs the much needed support at the time of pregnancy, delivery and afterwords specially from her husband. I feel for you and your husband. May Allah give you strength and get you both (along with the babies :) ) together soon.

when was his interview as 5 years ap is too long ?

Regards,

Yeah I check that site religiously just to even see updates but nothing yet. Yeah I know we're in AP but CO told us well get our passport back in a month. So I hope that it is resolved within a month. My husbands interview was on July 19th 2016. So three weeks ago. I applied for my husband 2 1/2 years ago. I didn't do it sooner because we didn't plan on living in the USA. I wanted to move back after I finished my degree. But once I moved there with our daughter she couldn't adjust and that took a really big toll on us. She kept getting sick and it was really hard for me to take care of her. So we decided that we'll try living here. In 2014 I applied for my husband. Our category is F2A because I'm not a citizen. We go by the visa bulletin. So our priority date was current in October last year but we also had some delays at NVC they lost our papers so I had to send them again. In April 2016 we had our case complete and in May our interview was schedule for July. I'm just glad the interview was short and sweet. Nothing extensive as my husband is really bad at memorizing dates lol. Now I'm just waiting for the 19th of this month to see if we get any good news. I've read on the other forum that people who were told to also wait a month got their visa issues 6 weeks later. So inshallah we will get our approval too. I'm hoping you make it for your child's birth. It's so important to be united with our loved ones. It's the hardest thing raising kids without their father. And it's also difficult on the father to not being able to hold their first born or even so their new born. My husband said its the hardest thing being away from his kids. I'm currently still in school so managing everything is very difficult for me. I pray to Allah to get us through this difficult time amen ?

Timeline

That actually seems identical match like my case, i have a major issues with memorizing dates, you can't believe i made small notes for my nikah dates and my wife's trips of usa, she is also a green card holder and NVC also lost our case somewhere when they use to respond your case is with the supervisor you need to wait, but i did not have to send the documents again, after 8 months of delay they sent me the package (Via e mail) Then for no reason a checklist came to send the english translation of my Nikah nama which i did sent at the first place. I was so nervous regarding the dates but he did not ask any specific dates, he did got shocked to see my wife's nephew in on of the picture asking who is this kid, i said its our nephew, the worst thing at the end of the interview was (one he did not tell me to wait for a month or any timeline,) second i asked him do you want me to be happy or wait to be happy, he replied in a serious manner, WAIT TO BE HAPPY, :( but i discussed it with the guy from the embassy, he said this is normal, the AP process is not in the CO hand, they system notifies them and they can't overrule it,

InshahAllah i am very positive about both of us as our case is straight forward, we have not hid or lied about anything, they will definitely check / do a verification from where your husband lives and works, My father in law when he had his case in AP was working in UFONE and they verified from the HR department, My organization's HR department has also confirmed that they usually receive verification calls from different embassies.

I am very hopeful when ill be updating my status that i have received the VISA, you will be replying from USA while your husband would be sitting next to you playing with the kids.

Prayers for your family.

Regards,

Timeline

That actually seems identical match like my case, i have a major issues with memorizing dates, you can't believe i made small notes for my nikah dates and my wife's trips of usa, she is also a green card holder and NVC also lost our case somewhere when they use to respond your case is with the supervisor you need to wait, but i did not have to send the documents again, after 8 months of delay they sent me the package (Via e mail) Then for no reason a checklist came to send the english translation of my Nikah nama which i did sent at the first place. I was so nervous regarding the dates but he did not ask any specific dates, he did got shocked to see my wife's nephew in on of the picture asking who is this kid, i said its our nephew, the worst thing at the end of the interview was (one he did not tell me to wait for a month or any timeline,) second i asked him do you want me to be happy or wait to be happy, he replied in a serious manner, WAIT TO BE HAPPY, :( but i discussed it with the guy from the embassy, he said this is normal, the AP process is not in the CO hand, they system notifies them and they can't overrule it,

InshahAllah i am very positive about both of us as our case is straight forward, we have not hid or lied about anything, they will definitely check / do a verification from where your husband lives and works, My father in law when he had his case in AP was working in UFONE and they verified from the HR department, My organization's HR department has also confirmed that they usually receive verification calls from different embassies.

I am very hopeful when ill be updating my status that i have received the VISA, you will be replying from USA while your husband would be sitting next to you playing with the kids.

Prayers for your family.

Regards,

Oh good God. That makes me feel so much better that it has nothing to do with the CO because I was yelling at my husband that he's not charming lol. I really hate this whole

AP thing. It looks like mostly people from Pakistan get stuck in here. I was on another forum and people from Canada Germany India I mean any country besides Pakistan just get approved. It's so nerve wrecking. My husband didn't want to mess up so he had a translator. Both the CO and the translator told my husband you'll get your passport back within a month through American Express. When my husband came back from the interview I told him stop making up dates tell me exactly what they said. He kept saying they told me a month believe me. Lol. I was really hard on him. I literally wrote my husband a book. 6 pages of notes of our history together. The dates I came back and forth with proof of entry stamps. I gave him pictures to take too. He said he put everything on the counter and the CO said someone looks prepared. He said the CO did not even ask for the kids birth certificate. I had my sons birth certificate priority mailed to him. I did put everything on the application though. But I assumed they would've wanted to see their birth certificate. They didn't even ask for updated tax transcripts. Im trying to be so positive because like you said the case is straightforward there's nothing to hide. But the wait is just dreading. It was easier when I was doing a bachelors but now I'm in a doctorate program I think I'll be dead by the time my husband gets here. It's so stressful. I hope and pray to Allah you're with your wife and this delicate time. It's such an emotional termoil. Does your wife work or is she staying at home nowadays? I'm a labor and delivery nurse. Finally back in school for my doctorate in anesthesia. ?

Timeline

InshahAllah you have come through all these hardships till now, you will manage, i am sure your a strong women, please don't be hard on my brother, my wife and her family had the same stance at me when i e mail nvc regarding a mistake (Not putting my 11-12 years work Experience and education MBA & MS in the I-130 form) After which seemingly my case got delayed at the NVC, every time they use to meet me use to say, betha e mail nahe kerne chiye thee, i was like you guys showed me an illiterate unemployed person in the form, which country would want me to get into their unskilled unemployed community :P , so please i feel for the guy, its not because of him, it is indeed an administrative/operational process.

My wife is also an MBA but currently she is in indiana and we plan to shift to NY, therefore she wants to but because i have not agreed to stay in Indiana trying to find a temporary job AS hopefully (InshahAllah) i will make it up there by november and we will move to NY, (First me) Then eventually after Birth of our kid, we both will shift to NY.

And yes you are a student of medicine, she went yesterday to get the medicad thingi but indiana does not allow green card holders who has been issued less then 5 years back to use the facility, how did you manage all?

Timeline

Assalamualikum all,

Good Luck to all APs, My interview was on the 9th of August, my case also in AP, The average time for the AP is 2 weeks to 6 weeks, note: THIS IS THE AVERAGE TIME, so start counting backwords after 6 weeks, chill and relax and make any day dreaming plans of after 6 weeks.

I have analysed very deeply, (from cases discussed at VISA JOURNEY website) The cases which were put in AP in 2011-12-13-14 took longer time like average 4 to 8 months, but by observing the cases after 2015, they are taking lessor time.

but Indeed it is average time so it could go beyond 6 weeks (Hopefully not).

Good Luck to All.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I am new to this; my husband had his interview yesterday, the interview went well but at the end the CO told him that he will get an answer in a month or two. My husband again asked him so 2 months? he said yes 1 to 2 months. He was handed the white slip 221g and they also kept his passport. Would anyone be kind enough to possibly give me some answers as to what that means? Does it mean he is stuck in AP for a long time like some cases. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Timeline

Hello,

I am new to this; my husband had his interview yesterday, the interview went well but at the end the CO told him that he will get an answer in a month or two. My husband again asked him so 2 months? he said yes 1 to 2 months. He was handed the white slip 221g and they also kept his passport. Would anyone be kind enough to possibly give me some answers as to what that means? Does it mean he is stuck in AP for a long time like some cases. Any help would be highly appreciated.

The white slip is the AP slip. We were told a month and it's been a month for us but no news yet. So I honestly can't can't say how long it takes. It really depends case to case. I've seen people get their visa within a month some within two months and some are still waiting. I wish there was an answer but there really isn't. We haven't even recieved any updates on my husbands case since the interview last month on July 19th. Hang in there inshallah we'll all get out of AP review

Timeline

InshahAllah, mine was 9th August, same white slip with 221G encircled Administrative Processing. Don't worry about the your case has been denied thing aswell as it's normal. Our cases AllhumdulilAllah are approved from the state department. Now the only thing us embassy make us wait. Good luck.

Timeline

InshahAllah, mine was 9th August, same white slip with 221G encircled Administrative Processing. Don't worry about the your case has been denied thing aswell as it's normal. Our cases AllhumdulilAllah are approved from the state department. Now the only thing us embassy make us wait. Good luck.

Timeline

My suggestion would be sit back and relax. Start getting nervous after 6 weeks god forbid it they don't call you to collect your visa. In shah Allah, and start praying more if it gets 8 weeks.

Keep in mind the average duration is 2 months now that's the average. But I'm sure you guys will get it before that. Good luck to you

Timeline

Thanks, I really hope and pray that all of us get it within the estimated time. I saw others who got their Visa issued after AP and that's encouraging! Let me know if you get any updates at your end. I submitted an inquiry today, hoping for some good to come out of this dumb AP process. Staying strong!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.