kalusha

I-751 February 2016 Filers

1,544 posts in this topic

I don't think they will like to send a second letter to extend the expired green card. February will be the end of the extension letter. That cost money.

Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

If it comes close to the date when your letter will expire, it means your status will no longer be in effect after the date shown on the letter and you will placed on removal procedures. Before your letter expires Make no mistake and make an info pass at your local uscis office to get an extension. If you are placed on the list to remove you from the country your application will not matter and will be denied as well as you will be deported. All the info is on uscis website, read instructions carefully.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If it comes close to the date when your letter will expire, it means your status will no longer be in effect after the date shown on the letter and you will placed on removal procedures. Before your letter expires Make no mistake and make an info pass at your local uscis office to get an extension. If you are placed on the list to remove you from the country your application will not matter and will be denied as well as you will be deported. All the info is on uscis website, read instructions carefully.

Absolutely incorrect. The letter is only proof of status, if it expires the status DOES NOT EXPIRE WITH IT.

F1H1|130 that letter is a proof of status and has an expiration date on it. It is an extension for your conditional residency and the card. If you don't apply to remove conditions and your green card expires you lose your status. That's why you can apply 90 before the card expires and if you don't you are out. Letter works exactly the same way. It is a proof of status that's why it says this is an extension for 1 year for your conditional residency, from : to : . That's why you have to get an info pass and get a stamp in your passport to extend it again. If not, how are you gonna prove your status? In no way you won't be able to. What if police officer stops you and asks to prove you legal status here? They don't do that in California for now but in other states they do. And if you show your expired papers for the officers they will throw you right in a front of immigration judge and they are allowed to keep you in jail till they make sure you have pending application and you are legal and than you will have to explain yourself why didn't you go and get an infopass in a front of judge. You will have to prove your status anyway and bring all the paperwork for the judge in court. and if you didn't get an infopass the judgement might be not the one you expected it to be because if you don't care why they should? Good luck

Timeline

F1H1|130 that letter is a proof of status and has an expiration date on it. It is an extension for your conditional residency and the card. If you don't apply to remove conditions and your green card expires you lose your status. That's why you can apply 90 before the card expires and if you don't you are out. Letter works exactly the same way. It is a proof of status that's why it says this is an extension for 1 year for your conditional residency, from : to : . That's why you have to get an info pass and get a stamp in your passport to extend it again. If not, how are you gonna prove your status? In no way you won't be able to. What if police officer stops you and asks to prove you legal status here? They don't do that in California for now but in other states they do. And if you show your expired papers for the officers they will throw you right in a front of immigration judge and they are allowed to keep you in jail till they make sure you have pending application and you are legal and than you will have to explain yourself why didn't you go and get an infopass in a front of judge. You will have to prove your status anyway and bring all the paperwork for the judge in court. and if you didn't get an infopass the judgement might be not the one you expected it to be because if you don't care why they should? Good luck

This is all nonsense. You're in legal status while ROC is pending regardless of the letter or stamp, they're just proof of status. If you need proof of status for work or travel, by all means you should get a stamp. If not, nothing happens when the letter expires until a decision is made.

Ok, if it's no sense.. you get pulled over in texas and the officer asks to prove your status and you have only your expired gc and expired letter... they don't have anything on file that's why you have to have it and if not a stamp in your passport how else you are gonna prove it?

Timeline

How is it that they don't have anything on file for you? If they check immigration systems, there is a case pending. In fact, even if you have a letter, they'll still check the system if they care to do so, though most traffic officers don't care or are legally prohibited from checking your immigration status.

Police officers has no access to any immigration record whatsoever. In some states officers are allowed to ask for the proof of your immigration status, mostly I heard this happening in texas but there are other states too. Not certain which ones exactly.

Police officers has no access to any immigration record whatsoever. In some states officers are allowed to ask for the proof of your immigration status, mostly I heard this happening in texas but there are other states too. Not certain which ones exactly.

Hmm, I have been in Texas for 9 years. Never heard police office asking for status and I have been pulled over like 3 times. They just check to see if you have any bad traffic records,violations, some court date that you missed etc that's it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hmm, I have been in Texas for 9 years. Never heard police office asking for status and I have been pulled over like 3 times. They just check to see if you have any bad traffic records,violations, some court date that you missed etc that's it.

I live in Texas and the only time I have been asked for my immigration status is to renew my drivers license. They will not issue a driver license in Texas if you don't have a valid visa or a green card... and when you go to the drivers license office they connect with the immigration database on the spot to double check your status.

08-01-2007 - F-1 Visa

06-17-2009 - I met the love of my life!!!!!!!

12-12-2011 - Curricular Practical Training (CPT) begins

12-12-2012 - Curricular Practical Training (CPT) expired

12-12-2012 - Graduated from university!!!! Master of Science in Taxation

12-12-2012 - Optional Practical Training (OPT) begins

06-26-2013 - The Defence of Marriage Act of 1996 (DOMA) was declared unconstitutional!!!!!

07-01-2013 - We finally got married!!!!!

10-28-2013 - Mailed forms I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 (lawyer-prepared)

11-01-2013 - (DAY 0) USCIS received forms I-130, I-131. I-485, I-765

12-04-2013 - (DAY 33) Biometrics taken for purpose of both forms I-485 and I-765

12-12-2013 - (DAY 41) Optional Practical Training (OPT) expired --> I had to stop working and driving my car

01-06-2014 - (DAY 66) I received my EAD/AP card in the mail! (Valid from 12/31/2013 through 12/30/2014)

01-07-2014 - (DAY 67) I came back to work again!!!! Hooray!

01-12-2014 - (DAY 72) I called USCIS to ask when will I receive my interview appointment letter and they said it may take up to 6 months for the Dallas office because they are backlogged.

01-13-2014 - (DAY 73) I was able to renew my driver license!!! Hooray!

03-10-2014 - (DAY 126) I received an email from USCIS to notify that our interview is scheduled for April 10, 2014.

04-10-2014 - (DAY 157) INTERVIEW DATE - WENT AWESOMELY GREAT!

04-20-2014 - (DAY 167) Green Card (Valid for 2 years with conditions)

02-22-2016 - Filed Form I-751 (Removal of Conditions) - Lawyer-prepared

03-29-2016 - Biometrics taken

04-20-2016 - 2 year Green Card Expired - Using the Notice of Action that extends my green card to 04-20-2017

08-24-2016 - I received a notification that the green card is being produced!

LEGEND:

I-130 = Petition for Alien Relative

I-485 = Adjustment of Status

I-131 = Application for Travel Document (also known as "Advance Parole")

I-765 = Employment Authorization

I-797C = Notice of Action

I-751 = Removal of Conditions on Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.