kalusha

I-751 February 2016 Filers

1,544 posts in this topic

I received an RFE as expected. I have to send more documents by April 21st. Thankfully my work and financial situation recently changed and I have been able to add my spouse to my work benefits, insurance, etc. I'm a bit freaked out but confident. Good luck to everyone else!

Leciga;

You just received the RFE

Anything that pointing out what you have missed ? 

May 3rd - Send to Lockbox Chicago

May 4th - Signed (Fedex Overnight)

May 12th - RFE (Send back because of incorrect fee)

May 14th - Send to Lockbox Chicago

May 15th - Signed

April 1st - Email notifications received (12:20am)

1 hour ago, kalusha said:

It is very interesting to see how VSC is not following any particular kind of pattern in terms of the approvals.  Speaking from my information verses the 3 that are approved, you could see that there is not a lot of logic there. In any case we will continue to wait.  We have waited for 11 months so a few more weeks will not kill us. Any more takes on this?

Agreed, hopefully they get to us soon in whatever random pattern they are using!  We were planning on filing the N-400 next week but we might hold off a bit and see if we get this approved first.

AOS Journey

01/14/14 (Day 0) - sent AOS + I-130 + I-765

01/17/14 (Day 3) - package received by USCIS (USPS tracking)

01/27/14 (Day 12) - NOA x 3 in the mail

01/30/14 (Day 15) - biometrics appointment letter in the mail

01/30/14 (Day 15) - walk in biometrics Alexandria, VA

01/30/14 (Day 15) - online notification that RFE was issued

02/05/14 (Day 21) - RFE for I-864 in the mail (more evidence for petitioner income)

02/14/14 (Day 30) - sent response to RFE

02/20/14 (Day 36) - online status changed to response to RFE review

03/03/14 (Day 47) - online notification that another RFE was issued

03/07/14 (Day 51) - RFE for I-485 in the mail (copy of marriage certificate; initially we submitted certified copy)

03/07/14 (Day 51) - Sent response to RFE

03/11/14 (Day 55) - Online status changed to response to RFE review

03/20/14 (Day 64) - EAD card delivered

03/28/14 (Day 72) - Online notification that interview is scheduled for 05/05/2014

03/31/14 (Day 75) - Hard copy of interview notice in the mail

05/05/14 (Day 110) - Interview

05/13/14 (Day 118) - GC delivered

ROC Journey

02/05/16 (Day 0) - sent ROC package to VSC

02/08/16 (Day 3) - VSC received package (USPS tracking)

02/11/16 (Day 6) - VSC cashed check

02/13/16 (Day 8) - NOA1 delivered (dated 02/09/16)

02/25/16 (Day 20) - Biometrics letter delivered (dated 02/20/16)

02/18/17 - Approved

N-400 Journey

02/15/17 - sent N-400 package to NSC

02/17/17 - NOA date

02/25/17 - Biometrics letter delivered for 3/10/17

02/28/17 - Biometrics walk-in

03/23/17 - In line for interview

06/07/17 - Interview letter arrived in mail

06/21/17 - Interview

07/23/17 - Oath ceremony

nmic7, can I ask what your considerations are with regard to waiting with the n-400? I qualify to file the n-400 next week, but will probably not have my 10-yr GC yet. What are your thoughts on the benefits of waiting until the 10-yr GC is approved?

34 minutes ago, zoomzoom1980 said:

Leciga;

You just received the RFE

Anything that pointing out what you have missed ? 

I do not have a lease/mortgage because we live in an apartment that belongs to my family. 

I pay the maintenance, which includes all utilities, so we basically have no utility bills. The only utilities we pay separately are the phones. Both out phones are under his name on Sprint. We have tried adding my name to the bill, but for some reason Sprint always sends correspondence under my husband's name.

I was unemployed and he is in med school, so we had little joint assets, liabilities and insurances together. This is changig because I got a full time job with benefits and now he is included in my work benefits.

I sent a Will and Healthcare Power of Attorney that I had a lawyer write for me. I am having my husband write his Will and give me Power of Attorney as well.

I did send lots of bank statements and statements for the only joint credit card we have, which unfortunately was very new when I applied for ROC. 

My husband is currently in med school in the Caribbean. His permanent address is still with my in New York City and he comes often and spends his breaks and holidays with me. But I can see why immigration would want to be cautious of our situation.

I think we might get an interview anyways because of our situation, but I will gather a lot of evidence to send in my RFE package. 

Leciga, basically you have to cover your story straight of 2 years. I guaranty they didn't like the fact that you guys have very little in common to share. I sent tons of bank statements from our joint family account that both of our names on it and covers 2 years from the first submission, 20 pics covering the whole period, 3 letters from friends and family that witnessed our marriage the whole entire time, car insurances, phone bills that my wife shows as the authorized user, credit cards that we are authorized users for each of them, some forms from insurance that we had, tax transcripts that we filled jointly etc. and it wasn't enough. So they sent RFE asking for w2's because tax transcripts are not enough, lease or mortgage which I did have but I lost it it and my landlord wrote a letter stating that we live together from the date till now etc. so we included all that, + gym membership with both of our names on it, also during the waiting time we financed a vehicle on both of our names on it so we also included that and a couple more statements from people that witnessed our marriage and some other things like insurance forms that we submitted to other companies etc. and 4 weeks later I got approved. Make sure to scramble everything you've got, write your own statement explainig the situation, have your hubby do a separate one as well. Don't over explain it because you not living together is a red flag right there and than. 

2 hours ago, nmic7 said:

Agreed, hopefully they get to us soon in whatever random pattern they are using!  We were planning on filing the N-400 next week but we might hold off a bit and see if we get this approved first.

Yea i think i will wait to get the 10 years GC then file for the Citizenship. Maybe if we can file together that is the February fillers so we can move together just us we have gone through this journey together.

Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

17 hours ago, kalusha said:

Yea i think i will wait to get the 10 years GC then file for the Citizenship. Maybe if we can file together that is the February fillers so we can move together just us we have gone through this journey together.

I'm in the same boat, but I think we'll submit the n-400 regardless next week. 

On 1/27/2017 at 3:21 PM, kalusha said:

I think we'll wait two more weeks or so and then file.  And yes it would be great to go thorough the journey together again.  Hopefully no RFEs come our way!

AOS Journey

01/14/14 (Day 0) - sent AOS + I-130 + I-765

01/17/14 (Day 3) - package received by USCIS (USPS tracking)

01/27/14 (Day 12) - NOA x 3 in the mail

01/30/14 (Day 15) - biometrics appointment letter in the mail

01/30/14 (Day 15) - walk in biometrics Alexandria, VA

01/30/14 (Day 15) - online notification that RFE was issued

02/05/14 (Day 21) - RFE for I-864 in the mail (more evidence for petitioner income)

02/14/14 (Day 30) - sent response to RFE

02/20/14 (Day 36) - online status changed to response to RFE review

03/03/14 (Day 47) - online notification that another RFE was issued

03/07/14 (Day 51) - RFE for I-485 in the mail (copy of marriage certificate; initially we submitted certified copy)

03/07/14 (Day 51) - Sent response to RFE

03/11/14 (Day 55) - Online status changed to response to RFE review

03/20/14 (Day 64) - EAD card delivered

03/28/14 (Day 72) - Online notification that interview is scheduled for 05/05/2014

03/31/14 (Day 75) - Hard copy of interview notice in the mail

05/05/14 (Day 110) - Interview

05/13/14 (Day 118) - GC delivered

ROC Journey

02/05/16 (Day 0) - sent ROC package to VSC

02/08/16 (Day 3) - VSC received package (USPS tracking)

02/11/16 (Day 6) - VSC cashed check

02/13/16 (Day 8) - NOA1 delivered (dated 02/09/16)

02/25/16 (Day 20) - Biometrics letter delivered (dated 02/20/16)

02/18/17 - Approved

N-400 Journey

02/15/17 - sent N-400 package to NSC

02/17/17 - NOA date

02/25/17 - Biometrics letter delivered for 3/10/17

02/28/17 - Biometrics walk-in

03/23/17 - In line for interview

06/07/17 - Interview letter arrived in mail

06/21/17 - Interview

07/23/17 - Oath ceremony

Hi again guys. I have a few questions. So, I will be eligible to apply for my citizenship on February 2, 2017 based on the 90-day early filing. The issue is that, my removal of condition is still pending. so,

1. Will I be able to apply for my citizenship?

2. Will it interfere or delay my removal of condition approval?

3. When applying for my citizenship, do I have to send Tax returns, etc with my application or just take them to my interview once I am scheduled for one?

Thank you so much for your quick responses guys and hopefully everyone will get approved very soon!!!

37 minutes ago, Reda said:

Hi again guys. I have a few questions. So, I will be eligible to apply for my citizenship on February 2, 2017 based on the 90-day early filing. The issue is that, my removal of condition is still pending. so,

1. Will I be able to apply for my citizenship?

2. Will it interfere or delay my removal of condition approval?

3. When applying for my citizenship, do I have to send Tax returns, etc with my application or just take them to my interview once I am scheduled for one?

Thank you so much for your quick responses guys and hopefully everyone will get approved very soon!!!

Hi Reda,

I am in a similar situation... here's my take on this:

1. Yes

2. No. In fact, I've heard that filing the n-400 will requre the USCIS to process the ROC if it has not been done already by then

3. It's unclear to me - but I will be including the tax returns with my n-400 application (will also need to bring originals to the interview).

14 minutes ago, ToRo said:

Hi Reda,

I am in a similar situation... here's my take on this:

1. Yes

2. No. In fact, I've heard that filing the n-400 will requre the USCIS to process the ROC if it has not been done already by then

3. It's unclear to me - but I will be including the tax returns with my n-400 application (will also need to bring originals to the interview).

Hi ToTo,

thank you so much for the quick reply. I think I will just go ahead and apply anyway! I just looked for more info on instructions in n400 application. There are two sections of all the documents you need. One sections is for the documents you need to submit with application and the other is for the ones you need to take with you for interview. Go ahead and take a look. I think we don't have to submit tax return with application but we required to bring them to the interview.

best,

reda 

44 minutes ago, Reda said:

Hi ToTo,

thank you so much for the quick reply. I think I will just go ahead and apply anyway! I just looked for more info on instructions in n400 application. There are two sections of all the documents you need. One sections is for the documents you need to submit with application and the other is for the ones you need to take with you for interview. Go ahead and take a look. I think we don't have to submit tax return with application but we required to bring them to the interview.

best,

reda 

Hi Reda There's a contradiction between different USCIS guidelines on the issue of which documents to send: the instructions to form N-400 agree with what you have written here. But the Document Checklist (M-477) at the end of the Guide to Naturalization (M-476) says to send copies of all documents, including those relating to marriage, children, and taxes. Looking at other forums, it seems like the N-400 requirements are more flexible than the AOS and ROC ones so I think it's your call what you send and what you bring to interview. Still, I wanted to make sure you had all the information when deciding. 

44 minutes ago, NotLarry said:

Hi Reda There's a contradiction between different USCIS guidelines on the issue of which documents to send: the instructions to form N-400 agree with what you have written here. But the Document Checklist (M-477) at the end of the Guide to Naturalization (M-476) says to send copies of all documents, including those relating to marriage, children, and taxes. Looking at other forums, it seems like the N-400 requirements are more flexible than the AOS and ROC ones so I think it's your call what you send and what you bring to interview. Still, I wanted to make sure you had all the information when deciding. 

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it. Good luck!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.