HappyAndIKnowIt

Scheduling K-1 Interview in Kiev

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you so much!!!

I've already asked fiance to send me noa2, but it's not a big deal i think. Also want to ask what time did u receive a letter from embassy? I suppose in a week after case in here!? Can i make an appointment for an interview without it? Or need to wait?

Willl be glad for an answer

You do not need to wait for a letter from the embassy. As long as your status on the Department of State site says READY, you can schedule the interview. My fiancee received a letter from the embassy a few days after we already had our interview. It is not required at all, nobody asked for it anywhere. To get into the embassy you will need a printout of the scheduled interview confirmation page that you will get after you schedule the interview.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You do not need to wait for a letter from the embassy. As long as your status on the Department of State site says READY, you can schedule the interview. My fiancee received a letter from the embassy a few days after we already had our interview. It is not required at all, nobody asked for it anywhere. To get into the embassy you will need a printout of the scheduled interview confirmation page that you will get after you schedule the interview.

Are you serious?? i've heard that you cantt enter without their letter from Kiev!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Are you serious?? i've heard that you cantt enter without their letter from Kiev!

Unless something has seriously changed over the past 2 years (and I've not heard anything changing other than security procedure - they won't store your phone for you anymore), then they do not care about the letter. They care about a printout of the interview reservation confirmation page.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

So, to answer my first couple of questions for those coming after ...

My fiance called today and scheduled her medical exam in Kiev for March 15th, so it was a two-week wait for medical.

I created the ustraveldocs account and it shows March 4, 2016 as the next available appointment date, which is 2 days from now. So, basically there seems to be no backlog for scheduling interviews. We did not finish the DS160 yet, so we were not able to pay the bank deposit, thus we can't schedule the interview yet, but it is good to know the Kiev Embassy does not seem backed up (unless March 4 was a day nobody wanted and the next 3 months are completely booked haha ).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update:

As of this morning ( 11 March 2016 ), my case is still "In Transit". I traced the DHL deliver and it was signed for at the embassy on 9 March 2016. We made the bank deposit this morning. Today, even though the status is not "Ready", with the bank deposit receipt number, we were able to schedule the interview. According to the calendar, every day was available starting with March 14th, except Friday March 25th. The instructions provided on the interview appointment confirmation are as follows:

Instructions
Please do not come MORE THAN 15 MINUTES prior to your appointment time. Upon arrival, applicants need to take a place in line according to their scheduled appointment time. No luggage or large items are allowed on the consular premises. Applicants may only bring document files after a thorough security screening.

The following items ARE NOT ALLOWED inside the Consular Section:
  • CELL PHONES
  • BAGS OR PURSES, EXCEPT DIAPER BAGS AND WALLETS, BACKPACKS, SUITCASES
  • WEAPONS
  • ANY ELECTRONICS SUCH AS NOTEBOOKS, IPODS, CAMERAS
  • COSMETICS
  • FOOD AND DRINKS, LIQUIDS
  • DOCUMENTS IN NON-TRANSPARENT FOLDERS (ONLY TRANSPARENT THIN FOLDERS ARE ALLOWED)
  • MEDICATION (PILLS, SPRAYS, SYRINGES, ETC)
  • CAR KEYS WITH FOBS
Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. THERE IS NO FACILITY AT THE EMBASSY TO STORE PROHIBITED ITEMS. In the past, applicants were allowed to check and store certain small items including cell phones with embassy security staff. As of February 1, 2016, this will no longer be allowed, and YOU MUST MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO STORE THESE ITEMS BEFORE ENTERING.

PARKING OR WAITING OUTSIDE THE CONSULAR SECTION

The Consular Section does not have a parking lot, and on-street parking is very difficult. Because of traffic and narrow streets surrounding the Consular Section, waiting on the street is both inconvenient and potentially dangerous, especially for children.

PASSPORT RETRIEVAL

Please note that TMM Express will only hold passports for 15 calendar days from the date that you receive confirmation that your passport has arrived at the pickup location. You will be notified by email that your passport is ready for pickup. You will receive three email messages and one phone call. If it is not picked up before the 16th day, your passport will be returned to the Embassy in Kyiv. It will then be your responsibility to make private arrangements to have the passport delivered to you at your expense. Once you have made these arrangements, please ask the courier company to contact the Embassy to coordinate pick up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.