sunshinestate2013

I-751 March 2016 Filers

1,163 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, tatiana_s said:

just to share my update - I filed on March 10, 2016. I have submitted an inquiry through a local senator's office. They sent me a response from USCIS that both of my cases i-751 and n-400 are at the field office in Atlanta. They will be processed at the same time at n-400 interview. I was actually told the same thing when I went to get a stamp in the passport. So maybe that could be the case with yours, unless you haven't filled n-400 yet.

Hi Tatiana,

Do you mind to share the link to put the inquiry on the local senator's office? I may not put a request but was just curious in case if I may need it later. I was successfully able to put a request on USCIS inquiry portal. Also, do you happen to know which month Atlanta office is processing N-400? I applied N-400 during the last week of March 2017 and I see USCIS portal is currently processing June 22, 2016 but I know that date is little outdated since it was as of March 31, 2017.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, jomfer said:

Hi Tatiana,

Do you mind to share the link to put the inquiry on the local senator's office? I may not put a request but was just curious in case if I may need it later. I was successfully able to put a request on USCIS inquiry portal. Also, do you happen to know which month Atlanta office is processing N-400? I applied N-400 during the last week of March 2017 and I see USCIS portal is currently processing June 22, 2016 but I know that date is little outdated since it was as of March 31, 2017.

Thanks.

Hi, I have submitted a privacy release form with brief description of my case to senator Isakson. Just google him and go to official website, they have a section called assistance with government agencies. You should be able to follow from there. I really wanted to just get some clarity of where do I stand with both of my cases. They have mailed me the response they received from USCIS, so now it's just waiting for interview. I have done my biometrics for n-400 in the beginning of April. They did specify in the response to senator's office that if we don't hear from them in 90 days to contact them again

Great! Thanks Tatiana for the awesome info. I will follow that approach as well if my case gets extremely delayed. Since I just put a USCIS case inquiry request 2 days ago, I will wait for few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Since I didn't still get a response, I called and talked to a tier 2 officer. She said that she can see the status that says that they have sent for RFE but she couldn't find proof that it was actually sent. The online status got updated to 'Name is updated' on June 7th. And she said it appears that's when this letter is supposedly sent. I told her that I didn't receive anything and I check my mail everyday. So she put in a request for more info. This was on 16th June.

Well today I have received the letter but surprise! It says that they sent for RFE on March 7th (not June) and they still didn't hear back from me. They included the 'original' notice and it says that the documents should be submitted before 2nd of June.

At this point I am pretty sure something is messed up. I have been religiously checking the mail everyday and didn't see a notice and the fact that the lady I talked to last (or even the other representatives I talked since  March) didn't mention anything about an RFE being sent in March. :(

What do I do now? 

I am not even sure what other documents we can send. We sent joint taxes amongst other things and it says that that it's not enough. I will post my questions regarding the RFE separately.

But I am so worried about this date mix up. As it appears I am way past the the date in the notice (the notice I neither received not heard from the USCIS all this time).

Edited by senthamarai

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, senthamarai said:

Since I didn't still get a response, I called and talked to a tier 2 officer. She said that she can see the status that says that they have sent for RFE but she couldn't find proof that it was actually sent. The online status got updated to 'Name is updated' on June 7th. And she said it appears that's when this letter is supposedly sent. I told her that I didn't receive anything and I check my mail everyday. So she put in a request for more info. This was on 16th June.

Well today I have received the letter but surprise! It says that they sent for RFE on March 7th (not June) and they still didn't hear back from me. They included the 'original' notice and it says that the documents should be submitted before 2nd of June.

At this point I am pretty sure something is messed up. I have been religiously checking the mail everyday and didn't see a notice and the fact that the lady I talked to last (or even the other representatives I talked since  March) didn't mention anything about an RFE being sent in March. :(

What do I do now? 

I am not even sure what other documents we can send. We sent joint taxes amongst other things and it says that that it's not enough. I will post my questions regarding the RFE separately.

But I am so worried about this date mix up. As it appears I am way past the the date in the notice (the notice I neither received not heard from the USCIS all this time).

Just to know you aren't alone I filed March 3rd, still nothing apparently according to a tier 2 it's in an officers hands. Pretty simple case I am Canadian and I've been living here since I was 16 (10yrs), married high school classmate. Sent to Vermont. Inefficiency is brutal. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 7/25/2017 at 1:58 PM, ntcb said:

Still no answer as yet for me.. Did anyone from the last remaining few VSC  got any news?

OMG, I am scared that I may wait this long too.

have you done anything about your pending i751?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi March filers 2016, I filed in March 2017.. I just wanted to know for my knowledge did any of you get called for an interview?.. if so what should I expect and how long after applying did you receive an interview letter?.. 

all experiances will be appreciated..

thanks in advance!.. 

April 2016 filler here. Still waiting. No interview, no RFE, just nothing.

Submited an inquiry via web and got a written reply 3 months later saying that my case is "still in progress".

Edited by tomca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, just to share my good news! Got RFE on may and sent my RFE respond on June 27, and got approval letter end of July and today got my new card 10yr! To all who are waiting good luck 🙏🏽

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/08/2017 at 2:51 AM, honeypie84 said:

Hello, just to share my good news! Got RFE on may and sent my RFE respond on June 27, and got approval letter end of July and today got my new card 10yr! To all who are waiting good luck 🙏🏽

Congratulations!..

Finally the waiting game is over for you.. 

Does that mean your GC arrived after your extension letter expired?..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I am new to the thread. 

Filed VSC 03/28/16, Biometrics 04/28/16, went to local office to get my passport stamped 03/24/17, received RFE 05/03/17, responded to RFE 07/28/17. Still no update on USCIS website. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your RFE date looks like they same when I get mind, but just be relax and pray if you can't heard anything back from USCIS after 30days when you mailed your response you can try to call them and ask about your status. Goodluck🙏🏽

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.