Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

I've been following the forum and last week i received a notice that i'll be getting an RFE. I was a little upset as I used a lawyer to avoid that. I received the RFE letter today and its asking for the following:

- Circumstances of Meeting

- Last Personal meeting

This concerns me too. I've seen conflicting info on VJ about this very topic. I've seen veteran members say all the government is interested in is you showing proof of meeting in the last two years, while in other cases such as this it seems they want more info as to the start of the relationship. The question on the I-129f is worded ambiguously so it isn't entirely clear which meeting it is referencing. Any others have experiences one way or another?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

I've been following the forum and last week i received a notice that i'll be getting an RFE. I was a little upset as I used a lawyer to avoid that. I received the RFE letter today and its asking for the following:

- Circumstances of Meeting

- Last Personal Meeting

My lawyer had included a signed affidavit stating we met online. They want to know specifically which site we met on. Also, i gave my lawyer photos of us, the ring i purchased, the receipt of the ring, a photo of us with the ring on her finger, emails, and a whole stack of credit card statements highlighting all canada transactions.

Since i'm in the US and shes in Canada, they don't stamp our passports.

Am i missing something? Either my lawyer forgot to send those critical pieces of information or we have not provided enough.

Suggestions?

I've asked people we know to write statements and sign them stating they met her with me. I also asked my pastor to do the same.

Thanks in advance.

My fiancé went on to Wikipedia and printed out the specific Chat line information that we met on 12 years ago (as it doesn't exist now)... Also did you only send one photo of both of you in it? Or multiples?

Timeline

My fiancé went on to Wikipedia and printed out the specific Chat line information that we met on 12 years ago (as it doesn't exist now)... Also did you only send one photo of both of you in it? Or multiples?

I sent in 5 photos of us. Photos of the engagement ring. Photos of the receipt. A photo with the ring on her and us together. I'm not sure how much more I can provide.

I can give them specifics on how we met. One of the requirements they put on the sheet was a statement from myself or her stating that this is a real relationship. I think i'll write one up and have both of us sign it. I also plan to take a photo of us this weekend holding the RFE letter as proof that we've been around each other in the past. Good move or bad? I see her every weekend.

My gut tells me that my lawyer did not send them everything I had given him.

Does anyone have any advice on how to reply to an RFE? Is a cover letter a good idea?

Thanks

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent in 5 photos of us. Photos of the engagement ring. Photos of the receipt. A photo with the ring on her and us together. I'm not sure how much more I can provide.

I can give them specifics on how we met. One of the requirements they put on the sheet was a statement from myself or her stating that this is a real relationship. I think i'll write one up and have both of us sign it. I also plan to take a photo of us this weekend holding the RFE letter as proof that we've been around each other in the past. Good move or bad? I see her every weekend.

My gut tells me that my lawyer did not send them everything I had given him.

Does anyone have any advice on how to reply to an RFE? Is a cover letter a good idea?

Thanks

To be honest, the first thing I thought was that the lawyer didn't send that in... Who knows... Nothing that you can dwell on now... Just keep Moving forward from here. Yes, send them a letter on how you met. That's what we did... If I remember correctly, that was a requirement. I don't want to tell you to send a picture of you both with the rfe in case that is the wrong move... But I'm sure you can take photos with the date on them... See what everyone else thinks first and go from there... I am definitely not an expert but will comment on what I see fit. What part of Canada?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

wait ... check ... repeat ...

:)

-David

N-400

Spoiler

Apr 5, 2020 - submitted electronically
Dec 22, 2020 - Biometrics Reuse Notice issued
Dec 30, 2020 - Interview Scheduled Notice Jan 28, 2021

Jan 28, 202i - Interview and Oath Ceremony!

ROC

Spoiler

Mar 11, 2019 - 90 Day Window Opens

Mar 11, 2019 - i-751 mailed to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Mar 19, 2019 - NOA1 Text received, eff date Mar 18, case assigned to LIN

Mar 23, 2019 - NOA1 + 18 month extension letter received.

Sep 26, 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2019 - Status change to "Card is Being Produced"

AOS

Spoiler

Nov 13, 2016 - Married

Dec 21, 2016 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago

Jan 12, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Feb 07, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Honolulu

Apr 12, 2017 - EAD/AP approval notifications received (112 days)

May 05, 2017 - NOA2 for AOS interview received

Jun 09, 2017 - I-485 Interview - Status updated to "New Card Being Produced"

K-1

Spoiler

Feb 05, 2016 - Packet mailed to USCIS

Feb 11, 2016 - NOA1 received, assigned to CSC

Jun 02, 2016 - NOA2 case approved (received via app) - 112 days

July 19, 2016 - Interview - visa application approved!

Oct 29, 2016 - POE Honolulu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got so obsessed trying to make sense of USCIS trends and date using the USCIS app that they blocked my IP/gateway due to "unusual high usage" :ranting: :ranting: :ranting::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I got so obsessed trying to make sense of USCIS trends and date using the USCIS app that they blocked my IP/gateway due to "unusual high usage" :ranting: :ranting: :ranting::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL Happened to me too a couple of times... You are back on tomorrow :dancing:

Edited by Georgia16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well CSC is officially open right now, fingers crossed guys!

K1 Fiance Visa:

02/03/2016: I-129F sent

02/11/2016: I-129F petition received at Dallas

02/17/2016: NOA1 emailed and text

02/23/2016: Hardcopy NOA1 received

04/07/2016: NOA2 approved

04/12/2016: Hardcopy NOA2 received

Timeline

Approved! Took em long enough...

02/01/2016- Mailed in K-1 petition to Dallas lockbox

02/05/2016- NOA1 text/email

02/13/2016- NOA1 hard copy received

04/07/2016- NOA2 (app./no text or email)

04/11/2016- NOA2 hard copy received

04/25/2016- NVC Recieved App

05/04/2016- Montreal Embassy Recieved App

05/31/2016- Medical

07/13/2016- Interview (Approved)

08/28/2016- Planned POE @Peace Bridge

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.