Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Georgia! Thank you, you've been a big help to all of us. Anyway, we've met with in the past 2 years and we filed 2 months after we got the divorce decree. Will we have any problems with that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi Georgia! Thank you, you've been a big help to all of us. Anyway, we've met with in the past 2 years and we filed 2 months after we got the divorce decree. Will we have any problems with that?

No it shouldn't be a problem :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

It's so quiet tonight. No news for anyone which sucks. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Pamela the U.S. Petitioner

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

K-1 Visa Journey AOS Journey

Feb 09, 2016: Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox Nov 21, 2016: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

Feb 11, 2016: Dallas Lockbox Received I-129f (sent to CSC)

Feb 17, 2016: Received NOA1 Email

Feb 22, 2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy

Mar 09, 2016: Received Vaccinations

Apr 11, 2016: Received RFE Email

Apr 18, 2016: Received RFE Hard Copy

Apr 18, 2016: Sent Reply for RFE

Apr 19, 2016: CSC Received RFE Reply

May 11, 2016: Received NOA2 Email (85 days)

May 16, 2016: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Jun 02, 2016: NVC Received our Case

Jun 03, 2016: Received Case Number

Jun 06, 2016: Medical

Jun 07, 2016: Case Left NVC for Embassy

Jun 09, 2016: Embassy Received Case "Ready"

Aug 02, 2016: Interview!!! APPROVED!!!!!

Aug 18, 2016: Visa Issued

Aug 25, 2016: POE JFK New York City

Aug 26, 2016: MARRIED!! :wub: (L) :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's so quiet tonight. No news for anyone which sucks. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

I didn't see any approvals or RFEs around my case number for today ?

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-08 (Delivered by USPS)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11 (Received confirmation text)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-16 (Received hardcopy confirmation)

I-129F NOA2: Approval: 2016-04-25

I-129F NOA2: Hardcopy: 2016-04-28

NVC Recieved: 2016-05-12

Case Number Assigned: 2016-05-13

Medical: 2016-06-14

Interview: 2016-06-16

Found out we were denied K1 2016-08-02

Researching places to get married and will be filing CR-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hoping that the rest of the NOA2's arrive for you all soon and then after that there is some more waiting.....

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I have about 1 month until I have to hand in my BA essay and finish university and I cannot decide if I would prefer to be finished with everything that has to do with the visa before that or not. One on hand, it would be nice to just have it ready. But on the other hand, this month is going to be so busy it would be nice not having to get things ready for the interview.

Timeline

Hoping that the rest of the NOA2's arrive for you all soon and then after that there is some more waiting.....

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I have about 1 month until I have to hand in my BA essay and finish university and I cannot decide if I would prefer to be finished with everything that has to do with the visa before that or not. One on hand, it would be nice to just have it ready. But on the other hand, this month is going to be so busy it would be nice not having to get things ready for the interview.

You book your own interview also right? So you kind of decide yourself :)

We use to have a very little wait time for the interview but since the new rules for the VWP a lot of people have to go to some kind of interview and there for we have a wait time now of 5-6 weeks.

Timeline

I think I can book my own interview, they really don't tell me a lot on their webpage.

There are new VWP rules? Now I have to google that!

I hope there isn't too long of a wait for the interview.

Timeline

I think I can book my own interview, they really don't tell me a lot on their webpage.

There are new VWP rules? Now I have to google that!

I hope there isn't too long of a wait for the interview.

the first available time we have is May 12th but since I haven't heard anything I can't book so it'll probably be the 19th or 26th for me. They only do interviews on Thursdays.

The new rule is just that those who have visit some specific middel easton countries within 5 years can not travel on WVP alone they have to go to an interview which seems pretty fair but just takes all the interview sloths ;)

Timeline

the first available time we have is May 12th but since I haven't heard anything I can't book so it'll probably be the 19th or 26th for me. They only do interviews on Thursdays.

The new rule is just that those who have visit some specific middel easton countries within 5 years can not travel on WVP alone they have to go to an interview which seems pretty fair but just takes all the interview sloths ;)

The doctor told me that there is approximately one person a week that has to have a medical for a visa here, so there are not many but more than I expected. I have no idea if they have a specific day that they will do their interviews on. I will learn more later on and then just update the icelandic page here.

Timeline

The doctor told me that there is approximately one person a week that has to have a medical for a visa here, so there are not many but more than I expected. I have no idea if they have a specific day that they will do their interviews on. I will learn more later on and then just update the icelandic page here.

They probably do medical for more then just US?... Here they did for all military and those who sail for MAERSK ... So they had a lot but were still able to have medical within days. Here it's just when Sweden have both Sweden them selves and Denmark and Norway there will be a lot of different kinds of interviews both immigration and then the others. But it's okay I have plenty of time to wait I really just wanted it overwith.

And good you'll update the side for the next person(s) from iceland :)

Timeline

They probably do medical for more then just US?... Here they did for all military and those who sail for MAERSK ... So they had a lot but were still able to have medical within days. Here it's just when Sweden have both Sweden them selves and Denmark and Norway there will be a lot of different kinds of interviews both immigration and then the others. But it's okay I have plenty of time to wait I really just wanted it overwith.

And good you'll update the side for the next person(s) from iceland :)

The doctor was just talking about visas for the US. But there are many that go to the US for college (which everyone always just assumes I am doing).

I think I am quite lucky that the interview is here in Iceland (I can walk to the embassy!!).

Timeline

The doctor was just talking about visas for the US. But there are many that go to the US for college (which everyone always just assumes I am doing).

I think I am quite lucky that the interview is here in Iceland (I can walk to the embassy!!).

Lucky you!!! Yeah i have to pay for flight for 2 + hotel :-/ and I need documents translated which will be $560 on top of it. This is pretty expensive!! I'm glad I don't have 3 kids!!! :-D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.