Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Chris & Olivia,

I am in Canada and my fiance is in Maine, met back in 2011 and our relationship grew into a more serious one and we decided to apply. I have been looking over this site and found two addresses in Texas. One to Dallas and one to Lewisville.....which one should we send our application to? Am I right to think that if my fiance sends our application by courier it should be mailed to Lewisville? and if sent by U.S. post it should go to Dallas?

Can you help?

Also I did my intent letter in handwriting.....black ink, do you know if this is ok? I didn't see anywhere that it should be typed?

Any help is appreciated.

Good luck to you....

so looking forward to finally sharing my life with my fiance as I'm sure you are too, I don't want to make any errors...

Thanks

Maine man/ Ont girl

Lewisville is the correct place.

Letter of Intent is just that. I would think in writing would be acceptable as it's just that, a letter of intent :luv:

I mailed mine via UPS which gives me the option to have it notify me of delivery when it happens. USPS won't do that other than sending you the receipt notice which will probably come after your NOA!

good luck

Gary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Chris & Olivia,

I am in Canada and my fiance is in Maine, met back in 2011 and our relationship grew into a more serious one and we decided to apply. I have been looking over this site and found two addresses in Texas. One to Dallas and one to Lewisville.....which one should we send our application to? Am I right to think that if my fiance sends our application by courier it should be mailed to Lewisville? and if sent by U.S. post it should go to Dallas?

Can you help?

Also I did my intent letter in handwriting.....black ink, do you know if this is ok? I didn't see anywhere that it should be typed?

Any help is appreciated.

Good luck to you....

so looking forward to finally sharing my life with my fiance as I'm sure you are too, I don't want to make any errors...

Thanks

Maine man/ Ont girl

Letter of Intent can be typed or printed. I printed mine because it was easier to download the example and fill in the blanks. Just make sure you both do one, both sign it and date it, and send in both originals.

As far as the addresses go, I sent mine to the Texas drop box via USPS. I think I did the 3 day delivery option or 2 day. Can't remember. Was only about 10 or 15 bucks and it had tracking so I saw when it got there. Easy peezy.

02/01/2016- Mailed in K-1 petition to Dallas lockbox

02/05/2016- NOA1 text/email

02/13/2016- NOA1 hard copy received

04/07/2016- NOA2 (app./no text or email)

04/11/2016- NOA2 hard copy received

04/25/2016- NVC Recieved App

05/04/2016- Montreal Embassy Recieved App

05/31/2016- Medical

07/13/2016- Interview (Approved)

08/28/2016- Planned POE @Peace Bridge

Timeline

Oh yeah, still waiting for a touch on our case. NOA1 was march 1st and we received the hard copy on the 7th.

Curious to hear how long before the first update occurred to most when checking the Case status.

Timeline

Letter of Intent is just that. I would think in writing would be acceptable as it's just that, a letter of intent :luv:

I mailed mine via UPS which gives me the option to have it notify me of delivery when it happens. USPS won't do that other than sending you the receipt notice which will probably come after your NOA!

good luck

Gary

Thanks for the info Gary, much appreciated. Did you hand write your intent letter?

Good luck to you and your fiance..

Timeline

good luck

Gary

Not to sound rude but, False... I did the exact opposite of what you just said with the same results. Lewisville isn't for courier, so yes, UPS. Texas works for USPS no matter what service (next day, 2 day, priority, etc), and USPS has the same kind of tracking system as UPS does when you select those services. I followed mine all the way there. Granted, it was there only 2 days later, but still. Every question that everyone asks is here on this board. The search function is amazing and everything has been asked and answered before. So when someone gives their account of how they did it, and it worked, it's safe to say that one should be ok with that. Especially when talking about a postal process and not one of adjudication. Let's not make it more complicated for each other. Edited by Chris&Olivia

05/31/2016- Medical

Timeline

I meant *"is for courier"

05/31/2016- Medical

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with Chris & Olivia. A lot of these questions can be easily found via the search engine. I understand that this process may be confusing, but the answers are there... They even come equipped with examples so that you can be successful. In no way would I hand write a letter of intent, or any piece of document, unless stated otherwise. The only thing that should be signed in black pen is your signature and/or the signature of your fiancé(e). we all have a common goal and that is to eventually be with the one we love... But if you haven't been through the process yet and you are handing out advice (although it is in good faith)... Don't. it's one thing to be sure about what you're saying to another hopeful, but it'll be a total demise if your advice isn't correct and that person has to start over. A lot of you are already nervous, scared and losing patience (rightfully so)... But any set back because of false information will only increase their anxiety and put more time on this already vigorous process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh yeah, still waiting for a touch on our case. NOA1 was march 1st and we received the hard copy on the 7th.

Curious to hear how long before the first update occurred to most when checking the Case status.

I'm pretty sure none of the February filers have had any change in status. Most of our estimates are at the end of this month or beginning of April for NOA2s.

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-08 (Delivered by USPS)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11 (Received confirmation text)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-16 (Received hardcopy confirmation)

I-129F NOA2: Approval: 2016-04-25

I-129F NOA2: Hardcopy: 2016-04-28

NVC Recieved: 2016-05-12

Case Number Assigned: 2016-05-13

Medical: 2016-06-14

Interview: 2016-06-16

Found out we were denied K1 2016-08-02

Researching places to get married and will be filing CR-1

Timeline

Hello! I am preparing our i129f packet and hopefully to finish soon.

I have a question with regards with the pictures.. is it ok if i put it in a 4r photo album or pasting it on bond paper is fine? Thank you for your help!

Goodluck!

I agree with Chris & Olivia. A lot of these questions can be easily found via the search engine. I understand that this process may be confusing, but the answers are there... They even come equipped with examples so that you can be successful. In no way would I hand write a letter of intent, or any piece of document, unless stated otherwise. The only thing that should be signed in black pen is your signature and/or the signature of your fiancé(e). we all have a common goal and that is to eventually be with the one we love... But if you haven't been through the process yet and you are handing out advice (although it is in good faith)... Don't. it's one thing to be sure about what you're saying to another hopeful, but it'll be a total demise if your advice isn't correct and that person has to start over. A lot of you are already nervous, scared and losing patience (rightfully so)... But any set back because of false information will only increase their anxiety and put more time on this already vigorous process.

Your post is SPOT ON!!!

When you post information to help someone sight where your information is coming from.

I'd like to add that you can add information to a government form by either using black ink or add an additional page. Most of the instructions for the form will advocate that is exceptable. I think that its easier to read a typwritten letter then one that is hand written. Your eyes flow over typed text where a written letter one needs to inturupt the handwritten word.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello Everyone

I've been thinking, when I sent proof of our relationship, I sent pictures, hotel receipts, copies of passport pages, pics,phone bills ( :crying: ) and lastly copies of our conversations, my question is our conversaion is in Spanish, did I need to translate? .. I didn't even think about this until now and now hoping I dont get a RFE for it..

• Met .... 09/05/2013 :luv:

• Engaged .... 04/05/2014 (L)

02/01/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/02/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/25/16....NOA2 Approved :dancing:

03/30/16....NOA2 Hard copy received

04/19/16....NVC Case # received ..

04/25/16....NVC Ready at Consulate

06/30/16....Interview Scheduled (L)

06/30/16....K1 Visa Approved... :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Is the color pen important? We signed the forms with blue ink :(

When printing a typed letter in black ink, it's best to then sign it using blue so they'll know for sure it was signed by that person instead of a digital signature also printed out.

K1 VISA - CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

Jan 30th 2016   :: I-129F SUBMITTED

June 21st 2016 :: INTERVIEW IN AMSTERDAM → APPROVED!!

ROC (I-751)

March 10th 2020 :: Form delivered

March 17th 2020 :: NOA1 

Sept. 26th 2020   :: Finger print apt. waived

Dec. 30th 2021    :: Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi Ninaymonkey! It's nice to see someone from Peru, i am the peruvian fiancee and hopefully we can stay in touch and help each other with this process. My Noa1 is Feb 02.

Good luck!

Thanka for the reply guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.