Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Case status now says "Ready" and I am shocked! I just got my case number on Thursday! I remember when I was waiting for my NOA2 and thinking these days would never come LOL. I'm sending good vibes to all of us.

Congrats to all the fiances who have arrived to the States, those soon to come and every one else moving forward :-)

K1 Visa                                                                                                                                                                                     

02/22/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                                   

02/23/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

05/19/16....NOA2 Text and Email

06/09/16....NVC Received I-129F

06/10/16....Case Number Received

06/14/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

07/22/16....Interview

08/11/16....Visa Issued (14 business days)

08/26/16....POE Houston, TX

Formerly "SoonToBeMrsU" (L)

AOS from K1 Visa

10/31/16....AOS packet mailed to Chicago, IL

11/04/16....NOA1

11/28/16....Biometrics Appointment

01/04/17....I485 Status Update: Ready to schedule I485 Interview

03/09/17....EAD/AP Combo Card Received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I received my case # from NVC today.. I went to this website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx as instructed from visa journey.. put it in the information under non-immigrant visa.. and it says invalid case #... I tried under immigrant visa and it says this: "AT NVC: Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at http://nvc.state.gov (English) and http://nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at http://nvc.state.gov/ask."

Is this normal?? Or did they input my case wrong?? I thought it was a non-immigrant visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I received my case # from NVC today.. I went to this website: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx as instructed from visa journey.. put it in the information under non-immigrant visa.. and it says invalid case #... I tried under immigrant visa and it says this: "AT NVC: Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at http://nvc.state.gov (English) and http://nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at http://nvc.state.gov/ask."

Is this normal?? Or did they input my case wrong?? I thought it was a non-immigrant visa?

It is correct...

Case status now says "Ready" and I am shocked! I just got my case number on Thursday! I remember when I was waiting for my NOA2 and thinking these days would never come LOL. I'm sending good vibes to all of us.

Congrats to all the fiances who have arrived to the States, those soon to come and every one else moving forward :-)

Congrats!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you!!! :dancing:

Congrats!!

Edited by SoonToBeMrsU

K1 Visa                                                                                                                                                                                     

02/22/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                                   

02/23/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

05/19/16....NOA2 Text and Email

06/09/16....NVC Received I-129F

06/10/16....Case Number Received

06/14/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

07/22/16....Interview

08/11/16....Visa Issued (14 business days)

08/26/16....POE Houston, TX

Formerly "SoonToBeMrsU" (L)

AOS from K1 Visa

10/31/16....AOS packet mailed to Chicago, IL

11/04/16....NOA1

11/28/16....Biometrics Appointment

01/04/17....I485 Status Update: Ready to schedule I485 Interview

03/09/17....EAD/AP Combo Card Received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Our embassy let us schedule interview before we even have nvc case number...no complaints here. We built in a cushion since medical exam office isn't as lenient.

Congrats to everybody clearing or preparing for the final steps.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

We emailed our embassy today regarding our interview, since we still haven't heard from them. We got a reply of "please allow 2-3 months for interview" I am now freaking out thinking 2-3 months for an interview? How? How is it taking that long? Ugh. Everything just came to a huge halt for us. :(

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

hey guys - I am a march filer who recently got NOA2; I was wondering, since many of you are further down the line with the process, after the NOA2 did you get a notice on the USCIS case tracker that your case had been sent to NVC? And if so, how long after the NOA2 did that status change appear?

Thank you! (you know, I've not had anything to worry about in a week, so I needed to find something ;) )

K1

I-129F sent : 2016-03-04

Interview approved: 2016-07-26

POE NY JFK: 2016-08-19

Wedding (NYC city hall): 2016-08-26

AOS + EAD + AP

Application sent: 2016-08-26

Application delivered: 2016-08-29

NOA texts/emails: 2016-09-05

NOA hardcopies: 2016-09-14

Biometrics appointment: 2016-10-07

EAD expedite request: 2016-10-13

EAD approved: 2016-10-20

AP approved: 2016-10-20

AOS approved: 2017-03-23

USPS lost greencard: 2017-04-01

i90 e-filed: 2017-04-16

Timeline

hey guys - I am a march filer who recently got NOA2; I was wondering, since many of you are further down the line with the process, after the NOA2 did you get a notice on the USCIS case tracker that your case had been sent to NVC? And if so, how long after the NOA2 did that status change appear?

Thank you! (you know, I've not had anything to worry about in a week, so I needed to find something ;) )

No, there won't be any updates from USCIS after approved (NOA2)

Wait 3 weeks and then call NVC for your case number... when you have that then there is a new web page where you can follow your case.

We emailed our embassy today regarding our interview, since we still haven't heard from them. We got a reply of "please allow 2-3 months for interview" I am now freaking out thinking 2-3 months for an interview? How? How is it taking that long? Ugh. Everything just came to a huge halt for us. :(

So sorry to hear that. Have you checked in with others from SA to see if they waited so long?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey :) congrats to everybody with NO2 and of course everybody that is moving towards NVC and interview stage.

Quick question... does it have to be the petitioner calling NVC or can I as the beneficiary call them as well? And I do have a very stupid question... what do you ask for when you call... do you tell them you have an approved petition with reference Number WAC... and you would like to know your new case number? Also how long does it usually take for the NVC hardcopy to come in the mail?

Appreciate all your help :)

ROC

Window opened:                 15 OCT 2019

Sent:                                      16 OCT 2019

Arrived at Dalles Lockbox: 21 OCT 2019

Timeline

Hey :) congrats to everybody with NO2 and of course everybody that is moving towards NVC and interview stage.

Quick question... does it have to be the petitioner calling NVC or can I as the beneficiary call them as well? And I do have a very stupid question... what do you ask for when you call... do you tell them you have an approved petition with reference Number WAC... and you would like to know your new case number? Also how long does it usually take for the NVC hardcopy to come in the mail?

Appreciate all your help :)

Both can call. I just asked if they had received my case. They asked for WAC number and then they tell you if they have or haven't.

We got the Hardcopy not long after we got the case number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Both can call. I just asked if they had received my case. They asked for WAC number and then they tell you if they have or haven't.

We got the Hardcopy not long after we got the case number

Awesome. Thank you... My boo is a little lazy when it comes to calling LOL so I might do it myself. I heard it's taking about 6 weeks currently.

ROC

Window opened:                 15 OCT 2019

Sent:                                      16 OCT 2019

Arrived at Dalles Lockbox: 21 OCT 2019

Timeline

Awesome. Thank you... My boo is a little lazy when it comes to calling LOL so I might do it myself. I heard it's taking about 6 weeks currently.

I have still seen people get it around the 3 weeks :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.