Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wish we could but the RFE went to his office and not to my fiancé's address. You need to attach the RFE slip with the documents. Sigh. :( hoping they are kinder and let that one page slip through.

This lawyer really sounds like an idiot. I am not trying to be mean. I am just being honest.

Maybe calls the USCIS yourself and ask them. Let them know a lawyer is representing you and they sent that back only? It would suck to have it denied or get another RFE because he doesn't understand.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I wish we could but the RFE went to his office and not to my fiancé's address. You need to attach the RFE slip with the documents. Sigh. :( hoping they are kinder and let that one page slip through.

Go and ask for all the documents. If you fire him he can't just keep it all. I REALLY would have done it!

Timeline

I got one as well, maybe it depends how the lawyer filled it all out if your fiance gets a copy or not.

Timeline

On VJ it says based on my timeline my case should be adjudicated between May 5 & May 7, should I be concerned ?

THanks all

How are other cases looking around your day? Are there still several left? I'm confident mine took longer than others from my day because of my fiance's name. It could take longer for South Africa to assist with background checks if there is a common name involved. It could also just be that your adjudicator is very slow.

I've also read where one is working on it, then it gets moved to another and just takes longer. This was from someone who worked there in the past. Honestly, from what I have read, expect 8 months, be excited with 5, and feel really lucky if it's less. I know a lot of people are getting theirs now, but I wouldn't lose hope.

Timeline

On VJ it says based on my timeline my case should be adjudicated between May 5 & May 7, should I be concerned ?

THanks all

No, you are still fine :) hopefully soon!

We have known each other for such a long time! Six years! This feels really amazing. We were friends before anything else.

Well not to much longer!! :-D

Edited by Georgia16

My fiancee received a mail today informing us they needed more evidence. We submitted photos, tickets from places we visit together ( Dubai & Philippines ) , copy of hotel reservation here in Dubai, visa and passport photos, phone bills and emails / snail mail. We don't know what else to present since as far as we know we already sent what they needed. Or maybe we need to mention our wedding date or plans? Please help this is getting confusing now. We do not know what else should we do. We really thought we covered our bases in showing that my fiance and I have met in person per USCIS's guidelines. If anyone has any comments, please help if you can.

Thanks in advance

Timeline

My fiancee received a mail today informing us they needed more evidence. We submitted photos, tickets from places we visit together ( Dubai & Philippines ) , copy of hotel reservation here in Dubai, visa and passport photos, phone bills and emails / snail mail. We don't know what else to present since as far as we know we already sent what they needed. Or maybe we need to mention our wedding date or plans? Please help this is getting confusing now. We do not know what else should we do. We really thought we covered our bases in showing that my fiance and I have met in person per USCIS's guidelines. If anyone has any comments, please help if you can.

Thanks in advance

Were both names on the hotel receipt? Did you submit boarding passes of the trips? Edited by Georgia16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.