Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Happy to report...although we didn't get NOA2; we did get an RFE late last night via text. At least now I feel like we weren't forgotten. I have an idea of what the RFE may be for. I found VJ shortly after sending K1 app and at the time thought the intent to marry letter only needed to come from the petitioner (me) so that was the only one I sent. I did include one for my fiance to sign for when he has his interview but not for USCIS. Aside from that I hope there won't be an issue with how we met (online via video messenger app) as I saw another petitioner met that way as well and has to prove it was not an IMB (which the site we met on is not also). What I do want to ask though is...can the RFE also be an opportunity to send more evidence outside of what is asked if one did not "front load" as much as possible initially? I sent pics of me and my fiance to USCIS...but again, sent phone records and pics of my trip and with his family members to him for his interview. Can I include those additional items now with RFE to be included when sent to his consulate (Lagos) which I heard can be difficult.

Edited by IfoemaUS

K-1 PROCESS 

02/27/2016- Mailed in K-1 petition to Dallas lockbox

02/29/2016- NOA1 Received by USCIS

03/02/2016- NOA1 hard copy received
06/02/2016- Text notification of RFE

06/10/2016- RFE hard copy recv'd and response sent

06/14/2016- RFE response recv'd by USCIS

06/23/2016- Text notification of NOA2 Approval

06/27/2016- Hard copy NOA2 recv'd

07/21/2016- Case Creation Date at Nigerian Consulate

07/22/2016- Called NVC and given case number!

07/27/2016- Case updated to "Ready" status!

07/29/2016- Interview scheduled online! (Set for 8/18/16)

08/11/2016- Medical

08/18/2016- INTERVIEW DATE- APPROVED!!!

09/16/2016- POE: Chicago

11/05/2016- Became Mr. & Mrs,! 

AOS PROCESS 

03/02/2017- Mailed I-485 paperwork (I-765/ I-131 included)

03/14/2017- Check cleared!

03/15/2017-USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails received.

03/20/2017- Received all 3 hard copies of NOA1 in mail.

03/23/2017- USCIS website indicated RFIE sent for I-485 by mail 03/21/2017

03/xx/2017-Biometrics letter received (can't recall exact date but week of 3/27)

04/10/2017-Notice recv'd that RFIE was returned to USCIS; sent inquiry to re-send to same address

04/13/2017- Biometrics done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Happy to report...although we didn't get NOA2; we did get an RFE late last night via text. At least now I feel like we weren't forgotten. I have an idea of what the RFE may be for. I found VJ shortly after sending K1 app and at the time thought the intent to marry letter only needed to come from the petitioner (me) so that was the only one I sent. I did include one for my fiance to sign for when he has his interview but not for USCIS. Aside from that I hope there won't be an issue with how we met (online via video messenger app) as I saw another petitioner met that way as well and has to prove it was not an IMB (which the site we met on is not also). What I do want to ask though is...can the RFE also be an opportunity to send more evidence outside of what is asked if one did not "front load" as much as possible initially? I sent pics of me and my fiance to USCIS...but again, sent phone records and pics of my trip and with his family members to him for his interview. Can I include those additional items now with RFE to be included when sent to his consulate (Lagos) which I heard can be difficult.

No don't make it more complicated for yourself. Answer the RFE with what the want and then gather the other evidence for him to bring with him to the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After 122 days and an RFE we got our NO2 this morning! words can't even express the happiness felt right now. This forum has been such a God send the last few months of what seemed like endless waiting. Can't wait to get started on the next step!

Congratulations!:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

They want both or one or the other? If they asked for both, that's odd.

My lawyer asked for both. However, he doesn't have the birth cert. Can it be just his passport? My lawyer is asking for that one page of the passport which is the ID page however I have read on here that you are supposed to send ALL passport pages. I'm confused.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My lawyer asked for both. However, he doesn't have the birth cert. Can it be just his passport? My lawyer is asking for that one page of the passport which is the ID page however I have read on here that you are supposed to send ALL passport pages. I'm confused.

Well, here is the thing. In order to get an American passport, you have to submit a birth certificate and your social security number. So when you get a job here, if you have a passport, that's all they can ask your for because it's legally vetted that you are in fact a citizen.

What I would say though is, submit both and be safe. Remember they want every single page of the American passport, front to back. Even blank pages. Literally, it should be front cover to back. Yes, even the covers.

Also, the birth certificate should be front and back. Even if the back is blank.

I am astonished the lawyer didn't catch this. I sent the passport and the birth certificate to be safe.

I'm still waiting, but I have a feeling it's because my fiance has such a common name in the Philippines. It will take longer to get a background check done for her.

Timeline

Birth certificate or ALL pages in passport. Seriously fire that lawyer wast of money you can do this yourself :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

What I have noticed is that people who hired lawyers to process their K1 took way longer to get approved then the one who did it themselves, do you think USCIS is against or does not like people who uses Lawyer?

My sister got a lawyer and it went well for her. I don't think they dislike lawyers but lawyers do make mistakes too, sadly.

Well, here is the thing. In order to get an American passport, you have to submit a birth certificate and your social security number. So when you get a job here, if you have a passport, that's all they can ask your for because it's legally vetted that you are in fact a citizen.

What I would say though is, submit both and be safe. Remember they want every single page of the American passport, front to back. Even blank pages. Literally, it should be front cover to back. Yes, even the covers.

Also, the birth certificate should be front and back. Even if the back is blank.

I am astonished the lawyer didn't catch this. I sent the passport and the birth certificate to be safe.

I'm still waiting, but I have a feeling it's because my fiance has such a common name in the Philippines. It will take longer to get a background check done for her.

Thanks for the info. My lawyer did not say I needed all the pages. How did you guys know this information? I saw the original RFE letter and it also wasn't specific about the pages. My fiancé's mom lost his birth cert.

Birth certificate or ALL pages in passport. Seriously fire that lawyer wast of money you can do this yourself :)

I hired him way before I found this forum :( I should have listened to my fiancé when he said we didn't need the lawyer. I just wanted to be safe because back then I didn't know these things. If you were an immigrarion lawyer, I would definitely hire you, Georgia haha! :D

Timeline

My sister got a lawyer and it went well for her. I don't think they dislike lawyers but lawyers do make mistakes too, sadly.

Thanks for the info. My lawyer did not say I needed all the pages. How did you guys know this information? I saw the original RFE letter and it also wasn't specific about the pages. My fiancé's mom lost his birth cert.

I hired him way before I found this forum :( I should have listened to my fiancé when he said we didn't need the lawyer. I just wanted to be safe because back then I didn't know these things. If you were an immigrarion lawyer, I would definitely hire you, Georgia haha! :D

Well done is done but you dont have to continue using the lawyer. Do the rest from here! You can do it. If you are in doubt of anything then we all will help you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No folders or anything just put them all in an envelope.

And look at the guides on the top tap. There you can find example forms and how to put it together :)

Good morning Georgia16.

I hope your issues with the embassy were resolved?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They are :) we are just waiting for the visa's to Come In the mail :)

Congratulations

Very happy for you and your family

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I'd make a word document detailing first how you met online, at website x, with date, explaining is not an imb and adding their email reply and terms of condition.

Then would briefly explain how the relationship evolved from meeting online til meeting in person. At this point I'd add screenshots, Skype logs, messages, etc.

Then to explain when, where and how you met in person. In this part put the boarding passes, tickets, passport stamps,, credit card statements from both, pictures of you two together, etc. I'd label everything, writing in bold what it is. Ex: John smith (petitioner) and Jane doe (beneficiary) at the beach in Miami, Florida. 10/02/2015.

At this point you have almost to draw for them, making it super easy for them to understand you have met within the last 2 years. Also put as much documentation as possible, seeing as pictures are only secondary evidence.

Good luck.

thanks a lot, we are working on it. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Look at 5 (d) it does have to be all pages

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.