Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Need some help everyone. I am with my fiancee in her country. Can you guys please tell me how to get the mail that nvc sent to me in physical mail fowarded to me in to my e mail? We need that info to set the interview date

I believe I should email then but what's their email address

?

Edited by J&J_7

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

He was finally able to go to the police department. They said to come back next week and pick up the police certificate. I've heard that it takes around 7 weeks or so to get, so I was relieved to know we will have it in a week. After we get it, we get to schedule our interview :dancing:

yaaaaay :dancing: the best ever news, we wish u all the best ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

yaaaaay :dancing: the best ever news, we wish u all the best ;)

Thank you! We're excited! Good luck to you guys as well. Keep me updated on your case. :)

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I hear ya, it's a very tough situation. You do lose hope and you get frustrated and angry and everything just feels so sucky. Our NOA1 is December 30 and there are still no news, 5 months waiting now and people who filed in February already have their visa in hand. It does break your heart a little every day when you know you could've been with your loved one by now.

Hi Scandi,

I have you in my thoughts because today marks your 5th month. Have you heard anything so far? If not, you are now able to call. Please update me with your case so that I know how to handle mine when it comes to that point. I'm currently at day 96.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi Scandi,

I have you in my thoughts because today marks your 5th month. Have you heard anything so far? If not, you are now able to call. Please update me with your case so that I know how to handle mine when it comes to that point. I'm currently at day 96.

Definitely hope we all get our NOA2s this week. Day 97 for me (incl. RFE I sent back to them same day received - still annoyed I had to prove OK Cupid's legitimacy).

Stay strong. It's hopefully our week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Definitely hope we all get our NOA2s this week. Day 97 for me (incl. RFE I sent back to them same day received - still annoyed I had to prove OK Cupid's legitimacy).

Stay strong. It's hopefully our week.

Thank you! I sure do hope so. I haven't heard anything at all so far. My anxiety, desperation and stress has fortunately died down. I think I've accepted that it won't come any time soon (or at all). I'm considering plan B because at this point, I don't think my visa will be out before our wedding. I have everything booked (at that time I thought this visa thing wouldn't take TOO long, I gave it almost 9 months allowance). However, since I'm the beneficiary, my bridesmaids and everyone on my side is flying in for my November wedding but I think I'll tell them I'll move it to March 2017 instead just to make sure they don't fly for nothing. They won't be coming in for a second time if ever. I know November is a long way, but with me being half a world away, I have other people to consider before they book flights. I'm not really sure what to do. I'm holding off any decision until July 26 (my visa's 5th month of waiting).

I'm just glad my anxiety is done with. Instead of sulking in misery and thinking about how sad it would be when everything I've worked hard for and planned for November is going to waste (It's a BIG wedding), I'm just thinking of happy thoughts and convincing myself that a plan B wouldn't be SOOOO bad especially if the ultimate goal is to finally be with your loved one. So I'm done with my negative thoughts, accepting reality as it is, deal with the cards I've been dealt because I'm blessed enough to have something that's rare.

Stay positive, no matter what. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you! I sure do hope so. I haven't heard anything at all so far. My anxiety, desperation and stress has fortunately died down. I think I've accepted that it won't come any time soon (or at all). I'm considering plan B because at this point, I don't think my visa will be out before our wedding. I have everything booked (at that time I thought this visa thing wouldn't take TOO long, I gave it almost 9 months allowance). However, since I'm the beneficiary, my bridesmaids and everyone on my side is flying in for my November wedding but I think I'll tell them I'll move it to March 2017 instead just to make sure they don't fly for nothing. They won't be coming in for a second time if ever. I know November is a long way, but with me being half a world away, I have other people to consider before they book flights. I'm not really sure what to do. I'm holding off any decision until July 26 (my visa's 5th month of waiting).

I'm just glad my anxiety is done with. Instead of sulking in misery and thinking about how sad it would be when everything I've worked hard for and planned for November is going to waste (It's a BIG wedding), I'm just thinking of happy thoughts and convincing myself that a plan B wouldn't be SOOOO bad especially if the ultimate goal is to finally be with your loved one. So I'm done with my negative thoughts, accepting reality as it is, deal with the cards I've been dealt because I'm blessed enough to have something that's rare.

Stay positive, no matter what. :)

I wouldn't lose hope. Everything will happen, it just sometimes takes time. Eventually we will have our NOA2, then visa, and we will all look back on this wait and consider it was really worth it.

I'm trying to train myself not to check the app and the USCIS page 5,000 times a day. lol. It's difficult to wait and see people from the same country who applied after you get their visa first, but it is what it is. We just have to wait and really be patient.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They got the papers today and his status has changed as the same as mine SO Approved!!! :dancing::dancing::goofy:

Congrats! That's great news :dancing: When are you going?

K1 visa process

2016-02-07: I-129f sent;
2016-02-12: I-129f text received;
2016-04-06: (54 days): NOA2 :dancing:;
2016-04-11: NOA2 hardcopy;
2016-04-25: NVC received;
2016-04-26: Case number received;
2016-05-11: Medical Appointment at Knightsbridge medical, London;

2016-06-24: K1 interview at US embassy in London --> Approved! :dancing:;

2016-08-04: POE at Atlanta airport;
2016-08-22: Got married;

Filing for AOS, EAD and AP from K1 visa

2016-09-09: Filed for AOS;
2016-09-11: AOS package delivered at PO box in Chicago;

2016-09-19: Texts and e-mails received for AOS, EAD and AP;

2016-10-01: Received biometrics appointment notice letter - Appointment has been made for 2016-10-11;

2016-10-11: Biometrics appointment;

2016-11-03: Received approval for AP and EAD;

2016-11-18: Received EAD/AP combo card :dancing:;
2016-11-29: I-485 (AOS) approval date :dancing: ;
2016-12-03: Received I-485 approval notice letter;
2016-12-05: Received a notification that my card is mailed to me;
2016-12-07: Received my Permanent Resident card :dancing:;

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Congrats! That's great news :dancing: When are you going?

Thank you :)

Would love to leave on the 21th but it'll take 2-3 weeks before the visa comes so will have to wait until we have it and then book the tickets shortly after :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They got the papers today and his status has changed as the same as mine SO Approved!!! :dancing::dancing::goofy:

Congrats!

02/01/2016- Mailed in K-1 petition to Dallas lockbox

02/05/2016- NOA1 text/email

02/13/2016- NOA1 hard copy received

04/07/2016- NOA2 (app./no text or email)

04/11/2016- NOA2 hard copy received

04/25/2016- NVC Recieved App

05/04/2016- Montreal Embassy Recieved App

05/31/2016- Medical

07/13/2016- Interview (Approved)

08/28/2016- Planned POE @Peace Bridge

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Excellent news Georgia......

In my case their visa finally arrived at their city....my fiancée is going to pick the visa up this afternoon

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

jozelle26: I will post whenever there's a change of some sort, if there will ever be one. At this point it's hard to imagine that something good is going to happen tbh.

We'll see what happens, we'll start calling today to see what they say. Even if we call it'll probably take forever to get an answer to anything, that's how it usually works. "Expect a reply by..." and then you never hear anything anyway.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.