Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Ehhh.. On day 81 for us and still waiting ?...

I found this interesting pdf document on Google from USCIS that explains how the processing wait times are calculated on page 4 and the process our applications go through on page 17. It's a few years old but I'm guessing it's still the same. Doesn't change anything but helps to have an idea of what's going on there.

Heres the link:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.oig.dhs.gov/assets/Mgmt/OIG_09-37_Mar09.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj70NH5gejMAhVSpIMKHXC4D6o4ChAWCBIwAw&sig2=38RUrIMrv7EYld7DXO1zJA&usg=AFQjCNH-3il6wg-UGBHhxfqJfdWczfQwmQ

Wishing all of us still waiting good luck for today!!

Nice finding! Thanks for sharing it.

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ehhh.. On day 81 for us and still waiting ?...

I found this interesting pdf document on Google from USCIS that explains how the processing wait times are calculated on page 4 and the process our applications go through on page 17. It's a few years old but I'm guessing it's still the same. Doesn't change anything but helps to have an idea of what's going on there.

Heres the link:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.oig.dhs.gov/assets/Mgmt/OIG_09-37_Mar09.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj70NH5gejMAhVSpIMKHXC4D6o4ChAWCBIwAw&sig2=38RUrIMrv7EYld7DXO1zJA&usg=AFQjCNH-3il6wg-UGBHhxfqJfdWczfQwmQ

Wishing all of us still waiting good luck for today!!

WOW, this is GOLDEN!!! If a mod is reading this, please add 5 rep points to this member!! :dancing:

Thank you! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

OMG!! I AM CRYING TEARS OF HAPPINESS. FINALLY GOT NOA2!!!!! PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED!!! I JUST GOT THE TEXT WHILE DRIVING HOME FROM WORK... Just waiting for my fiance to wake up so I can tell him the good news!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! :dancing:(L):crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

OMG!! I AM CRYING TEARS OF HAPPINESS. FINALLY GOT NOA2!!!!! PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED!!! I JUST GOT THE TEXT WHILE DRIVING HOME FROM WORK... Just waiting for my fiance to wake up so I can tell him the good news!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! :dancing:(L):crying:

That is awesome! Congrats!!! I know how much of a relief it is.

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Congrats! Happy for you! :)

Edited by Emmie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Congrats on everyone that has been approved so far! We're on day 108...waiting to get the receipt that our RFE was received. Hoping our NO2 follows shortly after. Debating a trip to see each other before this process is finished. We're trying to be strong and wait it out..save some money..., but was recently told by a lawyer this probably won't be finished until November. Does that seem excessive? Maybe he was trying not to get my hopes up. But would love anyone's take on what is an average length between NO2 and plane ticket is. Does 5-6 months seem longer than average?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats! :dancing: Great start of the weekend :)

K1 visa process

2016-02-07: I-129f sent;
2016-02-12: I-129f text received;
2016-04-06: (54 days): NOA2 :dancing:;
2016-04-11: NOA2 hardcopy;
2016-04-25: NVC received;
2016-04-26: Case number received;
2016-05-11: Medical Appointment at Knightsbridge medical, London;

2016-06-24: K1 interview at US embassy in London --> Approved! :dancing:;

2016-08-04: POE at Atlanta airport;
2016-08-22: Got married;

Filing for AOS, EAD and AP from K1 visa

2016-09-09: Filed for AOS;
2016-09-11: AOS package delivered at PO box in Chicago;

2016-09-19: Texts and e-mails received for AOS, EAD and AP;

2016-10-01: Received biometrics appointment notice letter - Appointment has been made for 2016-10-11;

2016-10-11: Biometrics appointment;

2016-11-03: Received approval for AP and EAD;

2016-11-18: Received EAD/AP combo card :dancing:;
2016-11-29: I-485 (AOS) approval date :dancing: ;
2016-12-03: Received I-485 approval notice letter;
2016-12-05: Received a notification that my card is mailed to me;
2016-12-07: Received my Permanent Resident card :dancing:;

Congratulations!!! So happy for you and fiance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats! ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Congrats!!!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats on everyone that has been approved so far! We're on day 108...waiting to get the receipt that our RFE was received. Hoping our NO2 follows shortly after. Debating a trip to see each other before this process is finished. We're trying to be strong and wait it out..save some money..., but was recently told by a lawyer this probably won't be finished until November. Does that seem excessive? Maybe he was trying not to get my hopes up. But would love anyone's take on what is an average length between NO2 and plane ticket is. Does 5-6 months seem longer than average?

based on when u filed it doesnt make any clear sense why it would take till november , unless there were errors or red flags ,etc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)

K1 Visa                                                                                                                                                                                     

02/22/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                                   

02/23/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

05/19/16....NOA2 Text and Email

06/09/16....NVC Received I-129F

06/10/16....Case Number Received

06/14/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

07/22/16....Interview

08/11/16....Visa Issued (14 business days)

08/26/16....POE Houston, TX

Formerly "SoonToBeMrsU" (L)

AOS from K1 Visa

10/31/16....AOS packet mailed to Chicago, IL

11/04/16....NOA1

11/28/16....Biometrics Appointment

01/04/17....I485 Status Update: Ready to schedule I485 Interview

03/09/17....EAD/AP Combo Card Received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

That is awesome! Congrats!!! I know how much of a relief it is.

Congrats! Happy for you! :)

Congrats! :dancing: Great start of the weekend :)

Congratulations!!! So happy for you and fiance!

Congrats! ?

Congrats!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)

Thank you all so much!!! :dancing: <3 <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Congrats :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.