Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

are we supposed to print the terms of service on websites that we met from? cuz I didn't do that....this is the first I heard of this :huh2:

Many have gotten RFE's for this. It depend on what you have written on the I-129F.

We (or he) wrote that we had met online and blah blah .. therefore I printet the TOS and an e-mail from the site saying they are not IMBRA and put it in the package right away. Some are lucky and not get an RFE for it but many do ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

are we supposed to print the terms of service on websites that we met from? cuz I didn't do that....this is the first I heard of this :huh2:

I've read about it several times. It is always best to do that, for proof it isn't a mail order bride service type of thing. So they don't turn around and request evidence the site isn't a marriage broker. Maybe the site you used is a well-known site and they won't ask for proof. But if they do, the TOS and I suggest the site's intro to itself would be what you send.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

I have a question on the police clearance.

If you have lived in two countries do you have to go to the other country to request a police clearance or the embassy will do a background check including that country?

I met my fiance whilst he was living in my former home country but has since moved back to his country.

Please help. I'm wondering if you cannot afford to go back to that to get a police clearance what happens then?

Timeline

If you have lived in two countries do you have to go to the other country to request a police clearance or the embassy will do a background check including that country?

I met my fiance whilst he was living in my former home country but has since moved back to his country.

Please help. I'm wondering if you cannot afford to go back to that to get a police clearance what happens then?

How long did he live in that country? And is it a country where you have to be present to get the PC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You might be able to request the police certificate online. I know for the UK you can do that.

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-08 (Delivered by USPS)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11 (Received confirmation text)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-16 (Received hardcopy confirmation)

I-129F NOA2: Approval: 2016-04-25

I-129F NOA2: Hardcopy: 2016-04-28

NVC Recieved: 2016-05-12

Case Number Assigned: 2016-05-13

Medical: 2016-06-14

Interview: 2016-06-16

Found out we were denied K1 2016-08-02

Researching places to get married and will be filing CR-1

How long did he live in that country? And is it a country where you have to be present to get the PC?

1. He lived there from 1988 to 1994. left at the age of 21

2. I dont know if it is. How would I find out if it one of those countries? The country is Zimbabwe, Africa?

Timeline

2. I dont know if it is. How would I find out if it one of those countries? The country is Zimbabwe, Africa?

Contact the police there or who write out the PC there ....

Filed: Other Timeline

RFEs are popping up in the app. Mine didn't, I hope it means they did a batch of RFE only. I haven't seen any approvals from today...

Yes, Greenbaum, I am fooling with the app and online monitoring; I can't help it!

I am not losing sleep either way!

Click the "Spoiler" button to see our full timeline.

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-04-18

I-129F NOA2 (printed) : 2016-04-22

NBI, CENOMAR, Birth Certificates, Passport Complete: 2016-05-02

NVC Acknowledged Case: 2016-05-06

NVC Assigned Case Number: 2016-05-09

CFO Certificate: 2016-05-12

Medical Complete: 2016-05-17

Interview Passed: 2016-05-23

CEAC Status "Administrative Processing": 2016-05-23

CEAC Status "Issued": 2016-05-24

2GO in transit: 2016-05-26

Visa in hand: 2016-05-27 (Manila)

POE: 2016-05-29

Married: 2016-07-16

AOS Sent: 2016-08-24

NOA Email: 2016-08-31
Biometrics: 2016-09-29
EAD Status "New Card is being produced" : 2016-11-02
AP Status "Case was approved" : 2016-11-02
EAD Status "Card is has been delivered to me by USPS" : 2016-11-18 (Status never said "mailed")
I-485 Status "New Card is being produced":2016-11-22

Pearl1973, on 15 Apr 2016 - 2:18 PM, said:

Yes for every country you have lived in (more specific information is in the link following) for 6 months or more from the age of 16 years old. Look here by country for all Police Records Requirements for USA Visa application. Not all country's will give you a PC and that's ok. Your CO will know which ones BUT I would print off the page with the information and bring it along to the interview. We have seen some CO's say it is needed from a certain country and the US GOV says no because that country will not produce one. They presented the instructions and they passed their interview. One of the "gotchas'. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

You might be able to request the police certificate online. I know for the UK you can do that.

Contact the police there or who write out the PC there ....

Okay...thank you so much. I will contact them and ask.

See my response above.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Georgia did you call to check NVC... I called jajaaj after I said I wasnt going to, but the gentleman was very nice and told me of course 30 days, but then he said, it should be before end of month definitely .... so I will call next Friday then :rofl:

Just called and they received mine today but no case number yet so hopefully next week :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just called and they received mine today but no case number yet so hopefully next week :)

I cales today and pissed the woman off lol. She asked when my NOA2 date was and I told her 8 April and she kinda laughed. She said the USCIS takes 30 days to send. I told her it arrived today at the NVC and I had a tracking number. She said oh well it'll take 40 days to open it. Lol. What a crock.

Timeline

I cales today and pissed the woman off lol. She asked when my NOA2 date was and I told her 8 April and she kinda laughed. She said the USCIS takes 30 days to send. I told her it arrived today at the NVC and I had a tracking number. She said oh well it'll take 40 days to open it. Lol. What a crock.

They have been very nice those I've talked too ... But yeah the 30 or 35 days is a standard response they have to give.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Georgia... That is great news at least now you are closer.. I'll call next Friday... maybe ill be surprised by case # received..

• Met .... 09/05/2013 :luv:

• Engaged .... 04/05/2014 (L)

02/01/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

02/02/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/25/16....NOA2 Approved :dancing:

03/30/16....NOA2 Hard copy received

04/19/16....NVC Case # received ..

04/25/16....NVC Ready at Consulate

06/30/16....Interview Scheduled (L)

06/30/16....K1 Visa Approved... :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.