Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just checked the NVC tracker and my case says "Ready" for interview. Now I'm not sure if I am or the beneficiary is going to get a letter or email from the embassy or the NVC.

The USC gets a letter from NVC here soon. Otherwise it depends on if your embassy send out on e-mail, regular mail or you have to contact them. I don't know your embassy so I can't answer. I you or your USC (make him check his spam mail also) hasn't heard anything by monday then send them an e-mail.

Question:

1. Why does it show 4 different cases on the "Ready" status. At the bottom of the screen it shows the case number 4 times and each ending with 01, 02, 03, 04?

Mine did that too just with two though don't think you should put anything in it though.

2. When should beneficiary fill out DS-160 form? Should he wait until he hears from the embassy or can he fill it out now. Is it at this time that you pay the $265 fee?

Usually people wait til they have heard from the embassy but you can do it now if you want to. The fee is when the interview is booked. BUT again this is different some do it online and some have to bring the fee with them this will defiantly be on the letter from the embassy :)

3. How do we schedule for interview and medicals? Do we do it after filling out the DS-160 form?

This is also different but most people can book their interview as soon as they have their case number. It will be written about in the letter from the embassy also, but if you are ready I would just give the medical place a call (Remember it has to be the one the embassy says it has to be)

There is no sub-section (forum) on Zambia Consulate and I'm so confused as to what to do now. Please help anyone

Since it's different from country to country and you can't get help in a sub-forum I can only do my best to help you :) i have highlight my response.

hello

I am so nervous. The embassy got our case yesterday morning and in the evening we filled out DS-160, paid visa fee and booked an interview date. I am anxious that my appointment might get cancelled as we have not been contacted by the embassy yet. Please help. do you think it's possible or not to be cancelled?

Edited by estrella19

02/09/16__NOA1

03/28/16__NOA2

Timeline

hello

I am so nervous. The embassy got our case yesterday morning and in the evening we filled out DS-160, paid visa fee and booked an interview date. I am anxious that my appointment might get cancelled as we have not been contacted by the embassy yet. Please help. do you think it's possible or not to be cancelled?

Most embassies don't want you to book before you hear from them. Why didn't you wait?

Most embassies don't want you to book before you hear from them. Why didn't you wait?

Dear Georgia16, i read that people wait for months to have an interview date in my country's us embassy. so when i registered on their online appointment site there was ONLY ONE free day for k1 visa so we quickly paid the visa fee and booked that day because there were no free dates for june, july august. :cry:

Edited by estrella19

02/09/16__NOA1

03/28/16__NOA2

Timeline

Dear Georgia16, i read that people wait for months to have an interview date in my country's us embassy. so when i registered on their online appointment site there was ONLY ONE free day for k1 visa so we quickly paid the visa fee and booked that day because there were no free dates for june, july august. :cry:

Please fill out your profile so we can see where you are from.

Hopefully you will be okay since it's already at the embassy. Some embassies just don't open up so far in advance so it might look like there are no dates but they just have open up for those dates yet. (Maybe don't know your embassy or even country!)

Please fill out your profile so we can see where you are from.

Hopefully you will be okay since it's already at the embassy. Some embassies just don't open up so far in advance so it might look like there are no dates but they just have open up for those dates yet. (Maybe don't know your embassy or even country!)

I am from Armenia. I read here on VJ there were people who waited for 3-4 months. seems scary to me.

the appointment is however on 31 May so i hope i'll be contacted by that.

02/09/16__NOA1

03/28/16__NOA2

Timeline

I am from Armenia. I read here on VJ there were people who waited for 3-4 months. seems scary to me.

the appointment is however on 31 May so i hope i'll be contacted by that.

Try and write them a mail and explain that you have already booked it and so on. Maybe it's just fine and maybe not but then you have contacted them at least.

I'm sure you will be fine though since it's already there.

Edited by Georgia16

Try and write them a mail and explain that you have already booked it and so on. Maybe it's just fine and maybe not but then you have contacted them at least.

I'm sure you will be fine though since it's already there.

Dear Georgia16, thank you so much for your quick and helpful answers. i am a bit calmer now. :blush:

i think i'll wait for couple days if my appointment is not cancelled. if they don't contact me next week i'll contact them.

02/09/16__NOA1

03/28/16__NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

We got our NOA2 today!!! 68 Days from our NOA1 date! They are rolling in! :dancing:

Congrats, I'm happy to see an NOA2 again! Day 69 here if I counted right, so hopefully a good sign for all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I received my NOA2! :dancing:

Now I know that I have to wait for my NVC # but is there anything you all recommend to start preparing beforehand? I'm not exactly sure what is supposed to

happen except that my beneficiary will get her papers in the mail?

Could someone clarify this for me? Thanks

02/22/16 Packet received

02/25/16 Check cashed - Dallas USCIS

02/27/16 NOA1

04/27/16 NOA2

05/02/16 NOA2 received in mail

05/13/16 NVC received

05/16/16 NVC case number received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Now I know that I have to wait for my NVC # but is there anything you all recommend to start preparing beforehand? I'm not exactly sure what is supposed to

Congrats, some movement again

Edited by etrangais

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

Congrats on the NOA2! :D

Well you have to send her the I-134 + supporting documents, the hard copy of NOA2 you'll get soon and a new letter of intent to marry :)

Check the Guide at the top tab :)

You can track your case online to see when it will be shipped from NVC and when it's at the embassy.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

The embassy will e-mail probably you if it's the e-mail you guys provided. Or regular mail to beneficiary if that's what your embassy do but since you are from EU I would guess on the e-mail :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So my bf got the letter from the NVC (we didn't bother to call) so now I have all the numbers and apparently the embassy has now had my case for a week and they haven't contacted me at all. So other scandinavians did they contact you?

I might email the embassy when my finals are over if I haven't heard anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.