J / A

Questions about paying $420 fee via Credit Card Payment Form (London DCF)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

On the credit card payment form, it states: 'DEBIT CARDS AND OTHER CREDIT CARDS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED'. This strikes me as odd as Visa and Mastercard debit cards work quite in the same way as credit cards. Would we run the risk of having our payment denied if we did, in fact, use my American Mastercard debit card information on this form? If we do run the risk of having the payment denied by doing this, would a Visa credit card going out of my spouse's European account be sufficient? Or do the funds need to come out of an American account? This is the only credit card we have between us.

Like many abroad, I do not have a checkbook for my American bank account with me and paying by card is our only option. Furthermore, we have three UK visa debit cards through our banks here. Same question applies here, would these be acceptable?

Seems a lot of trouble to have to have the payment come directly out of a credit card rather than a debit card!

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Kindly,

J & A

Edited by J / A

K-1 Visa Timeline:

04/03/2008 - Met by chance while vacationing in Costa Rica. Travel 3 weeks together. We kiss on final night together

06/05/2008 - I visit her in Germany, travel and stay together for 5 weeks. We hit it off big time

11/27/2008 - She moves in with me while I live and work in England on 2 year working VISA

08/03/2010 - 2 year working VISA expires, I move back to the States, sadly leave her behind in England

11/16/2010 - Fly her out to Paris and propose to her in front of Eiffel Tower. She says yes :)

01/03/2011 - I-129F, K-1 Packet sent to Dallas lockbox via USPS registered mail

01/07/2011 - Delivered, January 07, 2011, 6:38 am, DALLAS, TX

01/18/2011 - Packet rejected (incomplete, missing info)

01/19/2011 - Scrap USA plans, decide to live in UK few more years

01/28/2011 - Biometrics Complete & UK Visitor Marriage Visa Fed Ex'd next day delivery w/Priority Service

To come:

03/26/2011 - Our marriage in London

- EEA Family Permit (6 months right to live and work in UK)

- EEA2 Visa (5 years right to live in UK)

??/??/201? - Move back to America to raise family once kids come into the picture

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Instead of paying with credit card, you have the option of getting a cashier's check or money order. You just need to make sure it's payable in US dollars.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Instead of paying with credit card, you have the option of getting a cashier's check or money order. You just need to make sure it's payable in US dollars.

Thanks for the quick reply. We are aware of the cashier's check or money order option, though don't favor this as doing this from the UK is a bit tricky and it usually comes with a sizeable fee (between $25-50). We've done a bit of looking around for this option and just opted to do credit card as it's easiest. This leads us back to my original question, does the credit card have to be from a US bank account? Happy to hear how other people did this.

Edited by J / A

K-1 Visa Timeline:

04/03/2008 - Met by chance while vacationing in Costa Rica. Travel 3 weeks together. We kiss on final night together

06/05/2008 - I visit her in Germany, travel and stay together for 5 weeks. We hit it off big time

11/27/2008 - She moves in with me while I live and work in England on 2 year working VISA

08/03/2010 - 2 year working VISA expires, I move back to the States, sadly leave her behind in England

11/16/2010 - Fly her out to Paris and propose to her in front of Eiffel Tower. She says yes :)

01/28/2011 - Biometrics Complete & UK Visitor Marriage Visa Fed Ex'd next day delivery w/Priority Service

To come:

??/??/201? - Move back to America to raise family once kids come into the picture

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Really? I think I've read that people have been successful in getting a cashier's check at HSBC since they operate in the US as well.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Really? I think I've read that people have been successful in getting a cashier's check at HSBC since they operate in the US as well.

If that's the case, HSBC would be perfect. We have a bank account through them out here in the UK. We'll contact them tomorrow to ask. Prior to my opening this thread, we were reading that you had to go to a Bank of America or another American bank which have branches here in the UK. This seemed too much of a hassle when filling out a simple form with credit card information would only take seconds to do.

They really make us earn these visas through such an overly complicated process, from the collating of boat loads of evidence all the way down to the payment! Go figure. The hassle is all worth it though in the end.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

To come:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.