MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

I received my hardcopies, yay! NOA 1 Date is March 4th. I think their system had a delay in sending me the emails and texts :rofl:

August 2011: Started talking to Brian
June 1st, 2012: Started dating (L)
July 29th 2012: Saw each other for the first time, met Family
August 2013: Got engaged
July 2014: Sent 1-129F petition
July 29th, 2014: Received NOA1.
February 5th, 2015: NOA2!
April 16th, 2015: Medical in Montréal
May 15th, 2015; Interview- APPROVED!
June 22nd, 2015: POE at Champlain Border

September 4th, 2015: Wedding! :dancing:

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

March 4th, 2016: NOA 1 for all 3 applications

March 11th, 2016: Hardcopies with all 3 receipt Numbers received

March 30th, 2016: Biometrics (as a code 2, Maybe have to go again?)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

May 16th, 2016: Submitted Service Request for I-765

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

June 21st, 2016: Contacted both NY Senators.

July 1st, 2016: RFIE for I-485.

July 8th, 2016; Sent Evidence Requested by USCIS. (Received July 13th)

July 15th, 2016; Emergency Advance Parole due to Family Emergency

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

July 30th,2016; EAD/AP have been approved!

Do you have to do your biometric appt in your state? Because I was thinking of doing a walk in in New York but I live in New Jersey.

Does anyone know if I can do that or should I just wait for my appointment? I just wanted to speed things up as much as I could. :)

You know what's funny, I thought about doing that myself but the idea didn't strike me until the morning of my appointment haha.

They will most likely ask you for a reason as you are doing a walk in AND out of state so just be prepared with something.

I would definitely suggest it though. I would search on visajourney for the particular NY office that you want to go to and see what others have said about walk in's (as well as check the USCIS site). This way you don't have to wait until your appointment and you can have more control over what time of day to go. Not to mention, if you're stuck at the Elizabeth, NJ location for your bio's, it is insanely busy.

Edited by goolia

K1, EAD/AP + AOS + ROC = 0 RFE's

Next step: Citizenship!

I received my hardcopies, yay! NOA 1 Date is March 4th. I think their system had a delay in sending me the emails and texts :rofl:

For sure they received my application on Feb 16th and I received texts on the 29th and hard copies on March 4th.

Hold onto your hat its going to be a bumpy ride!!

but don't worry you'll get through it :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They should really start specifying that we bring a marriage certificate to our biometrics appointment. I wouldn't have thought to bring mine if I hadn't read this forum and when the receptionist at the office asked if I had it, her supervisor goes "finally, someone who actually has theirs" as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. It took me almost an hour to get the office, I would have been SO angry if I didn't bring it and was told to go get it.

Im the kind of person who is ready when it comes to paper work but yesterday i just followed what the letter said..knowing i sent the copy of our marriage certificate it should be on their file but maaan i was so wrong that day LOL

Im the kind of person who is ready when it comes to paper work but yesterday i just followed what the letter said..knowing i sent the copy of our marriage certificate it should be on their file but maaan i was so wrong that day LOL

Exactly! I'm also super on top of things most of the time, but this was one of those instances where I looked at the letter, said yup I have my passport and appointment letter, I'm good. Until someone here recommended bringing the marriage certificate lol. I'm glad it worked out for you though!

K1, EAD/AP + AOS + ROC = 0 RFE's

Next step: Citizenship!

For sure they received my application on Feb 16th and I received texts on the 29th and hard copies on March 4th.

NOA1 was on Friday march 4th, but I received the texts on the sunday March 6th.

August 2011: Started talking to Brian
June 1st, 2012: Started dating (L)
July 29th 2012: Saw each other for the first time, met Family
August 2013: Got engaged
July 2014: Sent 1-129F petition
July 29th, 2014: Received NOA1.
February 5th, 2015: NOA2!
April 16th, 2015: Medical in Montréal
May 15th, 2015; Interview- APPROVED!
June 22nd, 2015: POE at Champlain Border

September 4th, 2015: Wedding! :dancing:

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

March 4th, 2016: NOA 1 for all 3 applications

March 11th, 2016: Hardcopies with all 3 receipt Numbers received

March 30th, 2016: Biometrics (as a code 2, Maybe have to go again?)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

May 16th, 2016: Submitted Service Request for I-765

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

June 21st, 2016: Contacted both NY Senators.

July 1st, 2016: RFIE for I-485.

July 8th, 2016; Sent Evidence Requested by USCIS. (Received July 13th)

July 15th, 2016; Emergency Advance Parole due to Family Emergency

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

July 30th,2016; EAD/AP have been approved!

Timeline

Exactly! I'm also super on top of things most of the time, but this was one of those instances where I looked at the letter, said yup I have my passport and appointment letter, I'm good. Until someone here recommended bringing the marriage certificate lol. I'm glad it worked out for you though!

Exactly i was just like " letter..check..passport..check..im good lets go!" Hahaha

I ddnt get to check visajourney coz i tend to freak out when i read forums hahah

Yes indeed thank God they were nice enough yesterday?????

Now we just need to wait for our verdict?? goodluck to us!!

I carry around my binder to everywhere I go bank appt social security appt a lot of things lol. I even keep the envelopes all my stuff comes in haha there is a marriage certificate in there and photocopies of everything. I never want to be caught missing something my military family has instilled that on me lol

Hold onto your hat its going to be a bumpy ride!!

but don't worry you'll get through it :luv:

Timeline

I carry around my binder to everywhere I go bank appt social security appt a lot of things lol. I even keep the envelopes all my stuff comes in haha there is a marriage certificate in there and photocopies of everything. I never want to be caught missing something my military family has instilled that on me lol

Omg me too!! I still have everything from the k1 visa till now on my binder labeled and all hahaha

The japanese engineering firm work ethic is still engrave in my head hahah

Omg me too!! I still have everything from the k1 visa till now on my binder labeled and all hahaha

The japanese engineering firm work ethic is still engraved in my head hahah

Mash and Francais_usa....I just received my Biometric appt in the mail today. Appt is on March 22 but I will do a walk in on Monday 14. Ypu guys should receive yours next week.

Hi Katie,

Good luck with you walk in bio appointment! When did you receive your NOA? I got NOA in email on 2/29 but no bio letter yet.

AOS

• Package sent on 2/17/16
  • Package was delivered to Chicago lockbox 2/19/16 (day 1)
  • NOA received in email 2/29/16 (day 10)
  • Checks cashed 3/7/16 (day 17)
  • Bio metrics 5/9/16 (late appointment as a result of "technical difficulties" in USCIS system in filing my documents ) (day 81)
  • Interview notice sent via text on 6/30/16. (day 133)
  • Interview date : 8/1/16 (day 194) Approved! :dancing:
  • Status changed to "New card is being produced" (day 195) : 8/2/16
  • Status changed to "Card was mailed to you" (day 198): 8/5/16
  • Got the card in mail (day 203): 8/10/16 :luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mash and Francais_usa....I just received my Biometric appt in the mail today. Appt is on March 22 but I will do a walk in on Monday 14. Ypu guys should receive yours next week.

Sooo lucky , I'm still waiting on mine I just check the mail and nothing yet, I'm happy that the states mail things on Saturdays so I am hoping to get mine tomorrow or atleast Sunday but from what I see everyone's pages they seem to get it 2 weeks from there NOA1 so I think the latest I should get it is on March 17 :)

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

You know what's funny, I thought about doing that myself but the idea didn't strike me until the morning of my appointment haha.

They will most likely ask you for a reason as you are doing a walk in AND out of state so just be prepared with something.

I would definitely suggest it though. I would search on visajourney for the particular NY office that you want to go to and see what others have said about walk in's (as well as check the USCIS site). This way you don't have to wait until your appointment and you can have more control over what time of day to go. Not to mention, if you're stuck at the Elizabeth, NJ location for your bio's, it is insanely busy.

Yeah we're moving there soon anyway so we'll see how it goes!

I read about your experience at the Elizabeth office sounds hellish haha I'll definitely start looking at what NY office are best to go to. Thanks for your help!

AOS
Package sent 02/22/2016
Packaged arrived 02/24/2016
NOA1 text and email 03/02/2016
NOA1 hard copies in mail 03/09/2016
Biometrics letter in mail 03/18/2016
Biometrics appointment 04/01/2016
EAD approval e-mail 04/20/2016 - I-797 notice received 04/25/2016
EAD card mailed on 04/22/2016 - Card received in mail 04/26/2016
Contacted congressman's office about case - 09/09/2016
Interview letter in mail - 09/16/2016, cancelled 9/23/2016

EAD renewal package sent - 01/10/2017

Package arrived on - 01/13/2017

Infopass Appointment (no movement on case since September) - 4/3/17 - No apt # in notice sent out in February (we never received this letter), told we will be rescheduled manually

EAD renewal approved and mailed out - 04/20/17

New EAD received - 4/28/17

New interview notice received - 5/4/17

I-485 Interview (Finally!) - 5/31/17

I-485 Approved - 5/31/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.