MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think mine must have got lost. Still nothing and they received them on the 5th. Should I refile? My K1 expires 11th of March so need it in before then.

Timeline

OMG I just received my biometrics appointment letter and I'm ecstatic about it!

My appointment is on March 11.

Wishing everyone a speedy and smooth process. :goofy:

OMG I just received my biometrics appointment letter and I'm ecstatic about it!

My appointment is on March 11.

Wishing everyone a speedy and smooth process. :goofy:

Timeline

Hello everyone! I just wanna share my AOS journey.?

My husband and i sent my packet last feb 1 and didnt receive any email or text whatsoever for almost two weeks!!! I was freaking out already cause i read some post that they receive their notifcations after 3 to 5 days from filing so i had a meltdown super late at night on feb 16 and then boom i got an email alert on my ipad from uscis around 12 midnight and my husband said " see everything is fine you worry too much.. Are you happy now lol" and all i said was " yes but im missing one more email" and he just laugh and told me " sleep babe it will come soon" and then he was right when i check again after 5 mins my 3 emails notification was complete.???.

My biometrics was done yesterday (mar 10) went there before 10 am (my scheduled time) and the security personnel and the staff was so nice i have no complain at all.. When i registered the lady asked me why my name was lacking one letter(i have 3 first name lol blame the mother) on my appointment letter..i told her my name was too long for your system..so she asked me why my family name is different from my passport and the appointment letter she had to check their computer file for my name and said she couldnt find it lol...well i did not know i had to bring my marriage cert hahaah so she just told me i dont have to reschedule my appointment just come back before 3:30 and thank God our house is only 20 mins away from uscis Missouri\NBC..

So i came back, another staff had to check everything again and then she asked if i had any cuts and i showed her my hand and told her no.. I was in there less than 10 mins signature,fingerprint and then photo..it was a smooth process!!

Timeline

Ohh and sorry for the quote thing!! Visajourney website keeps lagging and then i had to refresh it and boom it posted it self..

Hope everyone have a smooth journey!! God bless us all.. The waiting game is on.. Just alil scared to get an RFE didnt really have alot of evidence lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife had her biometrics appointment on Wednesday in Brooklyn. We forgot to bring the marriage certificate :( and she said she had a little bit of a hassle getting in with just her passport in her maiden name (she doesn't have a NY drivers license yet). But after some back and forth with the supervisor, they were able to "look something up" that showed her married name, and they let her in. I'm thinking it was her SSN record, as we had changed her name on that several weeks ago.

All's well that ends well though. Now to continue waiting...

September 2014 - Met

October 2014 - Started dating

May 2015 - Engaged!

July 18, 2015 - Mailed I-129F petition

July 21, 2015 - Received by USCIS lockbox

July 23, 2015 - Email/Text notification, NOA1 Notice Date - July 27, 2015 - Hardcopy NOA1

August 6, 2015 - NOA2, I-129F petition approved!

August 7, 2015 - Email notification of approval

August 12, 2015 - Hardcopy NOA2

September 3, 2015 - Case # received from NVC, case sent to Montreal

September 15, 2015 - CEAC status updated

September 15, 2015 3:41 PM - Packet 3 sent to consulate pre-emptively

September 15, 2015 3:51 PM - Packet 4 received! Interview scheduled!

November 23, 2015 - Interview - APPROVED!!

November 30, 2015 - CEAC status updated to Issued

December 3, 2015 - Ready for Pickup at Post Office

December 9, 2015 - Visa in hand!

January 10, 2016 - POE - Peace Bridge, Buffalo NY

January 23, 2016 - MARRIED! durring a blizzard in Brooklyn :)

February 5, 2016 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAD applications

Spoiler

February 15, 2016 - NOA1 texts/emails received - February 25, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopies (Notice Date: Feb 11)

March 9, 2016 - Biometrics

April 18, 2016 - EAD/AP Approved

July 15, 2016 - I-485 Approved! No interview

July 29, 2016 - Green card received in mail - Done with USCIS for 1 year 9 months!

April 25, 2018 - Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions

Spoiler

May 18, 2018 - Received NOA1/12mo GC extension

June 20, 2018 - Biometrics

August 6, 2018 - Received 18mo GC extension

April 29, 2019 - Text notification "Card is in production"

May 2, 2019 - "We mailed your new card"

May 6, 2019 - 10 year GC received!

November 1, 2019 - N-400 filed online

October 23, 2020 - Oath Ceremony. Our journey is done after 5 years, 3 months and 5 days.

My wife had her biometrics appointment on Wednesday in Brooklyn. We forgot to bring the marriage certificate :( and she said she had a little bit of a hassle getting in with just her passport in her maiden name (she doesn't have a NY drivers license yet). But after some back and forth with the supervisor, they were able to "look something up" that showed her married name, and they let her in. I'm thinking it was her SSN record, as we had changed her name on that several weeks ago.

All's well that ends well though. Now to continue waiting...

They should really start specifying that we bring a marriage certificate to our biometrics appointment. I wouldn't have thought to bring mine if I hadn't read this forum and when the receptionist at the office asked if I had it, her supervisor goes "finally, someone who actually has theirs" as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. It took me almost an hour to get the office, I would have been SO angry if I didn't bring it and was told to go get it.

K1, EAD/AP + AOS + ROC = 0 RFE's

Next step: Citizenship!

Timeline

They should really start specifying that we bring a marriage certificate to our biometrics appointment. I wouldn't have thought to bring mine if I hadn't read this forum and when the receptionist at the office asked if I had it, her supervisor goes "finally, someone who actually has theirs" as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. It took me almost an hour to get the office, I would have been SO angry if I didn't bring it and was told to go get it.

I agree on the bio letter they should specify what to bring for the bio like on package 3 for the interview for the k1 but even that doesn't say everything

Thank god for the visajourney site

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Just received my Bio letter

Appt is March 24th not sure if I'll try a walk in yet because apparently NH doesn't allow them.

Hold onto your hat its going to be a bumpy ride!!

but don't worry you'll get through it :luv:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Do you have to do your biometric appt in your state? Because I was thinking of doing a walk in in New York but I live in New Jersey.

Does anyone know if I can do that or should I just wait for my appointment? I just wanted to speed things up as much as I could. :)

AOS
Package sent 02/22/2016
Packaged arrived 02/24/2016
NOA1 text and email 03/02/2016
NOA1 hard copies in mail 03/09/2016
Biometrics letter in mail 03/18/2016
Biometrics appointment 04/01/2016
EAD approval e-mail 04/20/2016 - I-797 notice received 04/25/2016
EAD card mailed on 04/22/2016 - Card received in mail 04/26/2016
Contacted congressman's office about case - 09/09/2016
Interview letter in mail - 09/16/2016, cancelled 9/23/2016

EAD renewal package sent - 01/10/2017

Package arrived on - 01/13/2017

Infopass Appointment (no movement on case since September) - 4/3/17 - No apt # in notice sent out in February (we never received this letter), told we will be rescheduled manually

EAD renewal approved and mailed out - 04/20/17

New EAD received - 4/28/17

New interview notice received - 5/4/17

I-485 Interview (Finally!) - 5/31/17

I-485 Approved - 5/31/17

Timeline

Just received my Bio letter

Appt is March 24th not sure if I'll try a walk in yet because apparently NH doesn't allow them.

Congrats on the bio letter , I say y not wait it's only 13 days that way u don't waste ur time :)

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Received our NOA1 hard copies last Thursday 3/3 and are still waiting on our biometrics letter. I'm also almost positive we've got an RFE headed our way too :(. I hadn't filed 2015 taxes yet when we sent off our AOS package but by the time they get to our application I imagine they'll want to see them. I also didn't include 6 months worth of pay stubs from me or our joint sponsor. Argh.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

That's great that they sent you the biometrics letter quickly.

I translated my birth certificate myself, it was very easy to do. I did it in a word document and I just used the same exact format as the original. At the end I put the certification note, signed and dated it.

I hope they accept mine as I can see they are very particular about what they want.

ETA: http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations this is the guide I used.

Ah, I wish I had read this earlier. We weren't sure if we could do it ourselves, so we paid a company to do it. Too late though, we already mailed out the reply to our RFE. I hope they accept yours though! Fingers crossed!

K1 Visa

03/30/2015 - I-129F sent

04/06/2015 - NOA1

04/30/2015 - NOA2

05/14/2015 - NVC case number assigned

05/15/2015 - Petition left NVC, sent to Paris embassy

05/20/2015 - Paris embassy received

06/05/2015 - Packet 3 received

08/04/2015 - Medical

09/03/2015 - Interview... APPROVED!

09/10/2015 - Visa received

11/20/2015 - POE in Seattle

12/31/2015 - Married! (L)

Adjustment of Status

01/29/2016 - Filed I-485/I-765/I-131

02/08/2016 - NOAs received

03/03/2016 - RFE

03/23/2016 - Biometrics appointment

06/07/2016 - Interview... APPROVED!

06/14/2016 - Green card received

Congrats on the bio letter , I say y not wait it's only 13 days that way u don't waste ur time :)

I think I'm going too my ASC is only 20 mins away but I'll see what my husband says. Either way I still have awhile until I'll get any real cards and biometrics early doesn't really speed anything up so

Thanks ipod for that tip! I hope thats what our RFE is.

K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

Does my husband need to come with me for biometrics or can I go alone because he has class during my appt ?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.