MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

lol .. umm well , i guess m at a wrong forum here confusing everyone ! i paid for Green card which i am yet to receive and social security number which i dont have yet ! without these i cant start working or driving or do anything. m basically sitting m on my A all day waiting :clock:

I know how u feel , I'm a person that actually enjoys working and getting out of the house ,

To keep myself busy I just clean and organize my husbands house (he can be a pack rat, he keeps EVERYTHING LOL) plus I also cook him lunch,dinner and other times I take a walk around the neighbourhood to see what is around me, catch up on my fav shows and on weekends when husband is not busy we go to the movies and go out with friends

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

lol .. umm well , i guess m at a wrong forum here confusing everyone ! i paid for Green card which i am yet to receive and social security number which i dont have yet ! without these i cant start working or driving or do anything. m basically sitting m on my A all day waiting :clock:

Welcome to the club we have to apply for a green card and work visa and travel visa we can't do anything until we receive those which can take up to ninety days after filing !

I wish for us it was only $165 also ;)

Ditto that would be nice for sure !

Hold onto your hat its going to be a bumpy ride!!

but don't worry you'll get through it :luv:

I wish I could help you, but did you not get a I-551 stamp in your passport? I thought they were stamping the CR-IR passports at the POE. Mind you I am not an expert and you should look for someone who went through the same process as you.

(OFF GOOGLE; The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) calls the Form I-551, the United States Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card or Alien Registration Card.)

And I am going stir crazy here. Moved on June 22nd, my daily routine was fine at 1st, but now I am done with it. Thank God I am going to Florida next month.

August 2011: Started talking to Brian
June 1st, 2012: Started dating (L)
July 29th 2012: Saw each other for the first time, met Family
August 2013: Got engaged
July 2014: Sent 1-129F petition
July 29th, 2014: Received NOA1.
February 5th, 2015: NOA2!
April 16th, 2015: Medical in Montréal
May 15th, 2015; Interview- APPROVED!
June 22nd, 2015: POE at Champlain Border

September 4th, 2015: Wedding! :dancing:

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

March 4th, 2016: NOA 1 for all 3 applications

March 11th, 2016: Hardcopies with all 3 receipt Numbers received

March 30th, 2016: Biometrics (as a code 2, Maybe have to go again?)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

May 16th, 2016: Submitted Service Request for I-765

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

June 21st, 2016: Contacted both NY Senators.

July 1st, 2016: RFIE for I-485.

July 8th, 2016; Sent Evidence Requested by USCIS. (Received July 13th)

July 15th, 2016; Emergency Advance Parole due to Family Emergency

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

July 30th,2016; EAD/AP have been approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I know how u feel , I'm a personal that actually enjoys working and getting out of the house ,

To keep myself busy I just clean and organize my husbands house (he can be a pack rat, he keeps EVERYTHING LOL) plus I also cook him lunch,dinner and other times I take a walk around the neighbourhood to see what is around me, catch up on my fav shows and on weekends when husband is not busy we go to the movies and go out with friends

Good for You ! lol . considering the fact that i am not a Girl ! it is very very difficult for a guy like me who never sat at home all his life and lived independent throughout ! Had my own nice car and house back home. and now suddenly m in a different country with nowhere to go, nowhere to look. my american dream seems to be distant reality !

Good for You ! lol . considering the fact that i am not a Girl ! it is very very difficult for a guy like me who never sat at home all his life and lived independent throughout ! Had my own nice car and house back home. and now suddenly m in a different country with nowhere to go, nowhere to look. my american dream seems to be distant reality !

Hang in there it will get better :)! Atleast you are already getting a green card we have to apply

Timeline

I wish I could help you, but did you not get a I-551 stamp in your passport? I thought they were stamping the CR-IR passports at the POE. Mind you I am not an expert and you should look for someone who went through the same process as you.

(OFF GOOGLE; The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) calls the Form I-551, the United States Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card or Alien Registration Card.)

And I am going stir crazy here. Moved on June 22nd, my daily routine was fine at 1st, but now I am done with it. Thank God I am going to Florida next month.

OH yes they did stamp smthin on my passport on arrival ! i dont know what that means it says smthin valid for two years ! what does that mean ? would that stamp serve as a temporary green card ? but i would still need a social security number isnt it ?

OH yes they did stamp smthin on my passport on arrival ! i dont know what that means it says smthin valid for two years ! what does that mean ? would that stamp serve as a temporary green card ? but i would still need a social security number isnt it ?

As I said, I am no CR/IR expert haha, I went through the K1. I think the card will be sent to you as you filed the form.

And I think it could be the stamp. Were you CR1 or IR1? CR gives you a 2 year green card and IR gives you a 10 year. I would suggest to look and ask on visa journey about people who came here on a CR1 Visa :thumbs:

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

Timeline

As I said, I am no CR/IR expert haha, I went through the K1. I think the card will be sent to you as you filed the form.

And I think it could be the stamp. Were you CR1 or IR1? CR gives you a 2 year green card and IR gives you a 10 year. I would suggest to look and ask on visa journey about people who came here on a CR1 Visa :thumbs:

Yes but going through the process you can end up being an immigration expert lol .

and yes i am on CR 1 and the stamp on my pasport is for two years from POE .

Yes but going through the process you can end up being an immigration expert lol .

and yes i am on CR 1 and the stamp on my pasport is for two years from POE .

Then you should be good! As I said, get in touch with other member who came here on a CR1/IR1, it will help you a lot.

AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello group!!

Happy to report we got all the noa 1 hard copies today! :yes:

Package mailed: February 12th

Delivered: February 16th

Checks cashed: February 27th

Noa 1: February 29th (email and text) March 4th (hard copies)

Fingers crossed! Good luck to you all and have a nice weekend!

Anna.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well being a girl I was never home eaither I was always working , had my own car, house , and I was a manager of the # bank of Canada I left it all to be with the love of my life

In the end all worth it , once I get my EAD I'll be applying for banks here

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Just got my biometric letter. The letter was sent on 1st March, arrived on 4th and the appointment is 18th March.

Aos package sent 12th Feb

Received 16th Feb

NOA1 24th Feb

Biometric letter 4th March

Hello group!!

Happy to report we got all the noa 1 hard copies today! :yes:

Package mailed: February 12th

Delivered: February 16th

Checks cashed: February 27th

Noa 1: February 29th (email and text) March 4th (hard copies)

Fingers crossed! Good luck to you all and have a nice weekend!

Anna.

We still have the same timeline I got my hard copies today!! Hopefully biometrics soon !

Just got my biometric letter. The letter was sent on 1st March, arrived on 4th and the appointment is 18th March.

Aos package sent 12th Feb

Received 16th Feb

NOA1 24th Feb

Biometric letter 4th March

Yay hopefully that means I'm next !! Congrats ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We still have the same timeline I got my hard copies today!! Hopefully biometrics soon !

Yay hopefully that means I'm next !! Congrats ?

I think we will get our biometrics letter next week, have a great weekend my AOS twin! haha! :lol:

Edited by Jim&Ann

I think we will get our biometrics letter next week, have a great weeekend my AOS twin! haha! :lol:

Yay sounds good :)!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.