MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am so glad I found this post! My husband and I are in the middle of this journey as well. I thought I would let you all know how our process is going so far, as maybe that can help others. Plus, I have a couple of questions. Here is our current timeline:

2/27/16: Application sent, priority, signature required

2/29/16: Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

3/8/16: E-notification received (text and email)

3/11/16: Notification letters received in the mail

3/26/16: Biometrics letter received (dated 3/19)

4/5/16: Biometrics appointment

4/11/16: Status on USCIS website for I-485 changed to "Ready for Interview"

5/2/16: Status on USCIS for AP changed to "Case was Approved" and EAD status changed to "Name was Updated" (don't know why- no name change for my husband)

5/5/16: Letter received for AP approval

6/5/16: Did e-SR for EAD being overdue; no email receipt

6/8/16: Did INFOPASS appointment at the OKC office for next Monday, 6/13

6/9/16: EAD status changed to "Card was Mailed to Me" on 6/8/16

So here's my question: now that they (conveniently) changed the status of the EAD card yesterday, right after I made the INFOPASS appointment, should we still go to the appointment, or should we cancel? I know that they can give us more information on our case, but since we made the appointment based on the fact that the EAD is over 90 days, and now they updated the status, I'm not sure what to do.

Also, if we keep the appointment, is it appropriate to ask about other info they might have while we're there? Would they know anything about the status of our I-485? I know it's a long shot, but I figured I would ask. Thank you!

Our Timeline:

2/2/09: Met for the first time

10/24/09: First date

1/26/16: Legally married! (L)

3/19/16: Wedding ceremony and reception with family and friends

4/11/16: Status on USCIS website for I-485 changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

5/2/16: Status for AP changed to "Case was Approved" and EAD status changed to "Name was Updated" (don't know why- no name change) :huh:

6/8/16: Registered for INFOPASS appointment at the OKC office for next Monday, 6/13 to check on EAD

6/9/16: EAD status changed to "Card was Mailed to Me on 6/8/16"

6/10/16: Received email notification that e-SR was received and that card was mailed on 6/8/16; received EAD/AP combo card in mail! :dancing:

6/15/16: Applied for SSN and DL renewal; wasn't in system yet

7/29/16: Renewed license; still waiting on SSN

8/1/16: Got a job!!!!!

8/16/16: Received SSC in the mail

8/22/16: Received notification - interview scheduled for September 22nd!!

Kristi&Ahmed - I found out this really neat thing in that if you go to USPS.com and register there with an account you can set it up so that you get an email every time someone is sending you a parcel. The other day our status changed to card being mailed, and today I got the notice from USPS that someone sent me a parcel. I check it online and it's from USCIS with the tracking number. From what I understand, two days after you get the notice you can call USCIS for a tracking number. But if you're anything like me you're probably tired of talking to them. So I just set up my post office settings to tell me when someone sends me a package. It's pretty cool.

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: Timeline

Kristi&Ahmed - I found out this really neat thing in that if you go to USPS.com and register there with an account you can set it up so that you get an email every time someone is sending you a parcel. The other day our status changed to card being mailed, and today I got the notice from USPS that someone sent me a parcel. I check it online and it's from USCIS with the tracking number. From what I understand, two days after you get the notice you can call USCIS for a tracking number. But if you're anything like me you're probably tired of talking to them. So I just set up my post office settings to tell me when someone sends me a package. It's pretty cool.

I think this is the link.. https://reg.usps.com/register

Timeline

StephanieC and gpiper- thank you for that info! I will do that directly. I honestly haven't even tried to call USCIS (so many horror stories on here) and I was just going to bypass the phone and attempt to go in and talk face to face with them on Monday. I hope that the cards were actually mailed yesterday! :)

Our Timeline:

4/11/16: Status on USCIS website for I-485 changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

5/2/16: Status for AP changed to "Case was Approved" and EAD status changed to "Name was Updated" (don't know why- no name change) :huh:

6/8/16: Registered for INFOPASS appointment at the OKC office for next Monday, 6/13 to check on EAD

6/10/16: Received email notification that e-SR was received and that card was mailed on 6/8/16; received EAD/AP combo card in mail! :dancing:

StephanieC and gpiper- thank you for that info! I will do that directly. I honestly haven't even tried to call USCIS (so many horror stories on here) and I was just going to bypass the phone and attempt to go in and talk face to face with them on Monday. I hope that the cards were actually mailed yesterday! :)

We got the notice on Tuesday the 7th that they had been mailed. And Wednesday night I got the tracking information from USPS so I reckon it takes about 24 hours to show up.

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got the notice on Tuesday the 7th that they had been mailed. And Wednesday night I got the tracking information from USPS so I reckon it takes about 24 hours to show up.

Oh great, so it took about 2 days for usps to give you notice, ours got mailed yestersday so probably we will have our tracking number tomorrow. We also signed up to usps last week.

Happy to know that most of the last week April EAD approvals that got messed up are finally taken care of by USCIS!!

Edited by cattleya777

Hubby's Timeline:

January 19, 2013 - Sent I-130

January 23, 2013 - Priority DateJuly 2013 - Approved but ineligible to adjust

March 8, 2016-sent AOS packet ( I-485, I-131, I-765)

March 10 - lockbox received packet

March 17 - notifications received

March 21 - received hardcopies of NOAs

April 1 - received biometrics appointment

April 11 - Biometrics at Buena Park

May 6 - received hardcopy of I-131 approval dated May 2

May 11 - received texts/email - AP Approved, EAD card is being produced (ordered card production April 30)

May 27 - called USCIS tier 2 - service request to reproduce crooked card that was not sent

June 8 - received texts/email/update - EAD card being mailed

June 11 - received EAD/AP combo card

August 23 - Interview is scheduled for Sept. 28

Sept 28 - AOS approved

Timeline

I'm so pumped about getting that confirmation!

Now you have the appointment you might as well take advantage if it. Many offices you have to wait weeks in order to see someone face to face. Have your facts and questions at the ready and then go grill the officer haha.

Thanks for the advice! I will. :)

Our Timeline:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got a text from USPS confirming if I will allow text updates. Then I checked MyUSPS, and there is a tracking number, a parcel from USCIS is coming from Kentucky.

Hubby's Timeline:

January 19, 2013 - Sent I-130

January 23, 2013 - Priority DateJuly 2013 - Approved but ineligible to adjust

March 8, 2016-sent AOS packet ( I-485, I-131, I-765)

March 10 - lockbox received packet

March 17 - notifications received

March 21 - received hardcopies of NOAs

April 1 - received biometrics appointment

April 11 - Biometrics at Buena Park

May 6 - received hardcopy of I-131 approval dated May 2

May 11 - received texts/email - AP Approved, EAD card is being produced (ordered card production April 30)

May 27 - called USCIS tier 2 - service request to reproduce crooked card that was not sent

June 8 - received texts/email/update - EAD card being mailed

June 11 - received EAD/AP combo card

August 23 - Interview is scheduled for Sept. 28

Sept 28 - AOS approved

Timeline

Got a text from USPS confirming if I will allow text updates. Then I checked MyUSPS, and there is a tracking number, a parcel from USCIS is coming from Kentucky.

Congrats! Keeping my fingers crossed for the same.

Our Timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Stephanie, can you do this after they said the card is sent? My card was apparently mailed on the 7th. I just signed up for the USPS thing and can't see where to find out what mail has been sent to me.

Thanks.

Arrived on P1 Visa - 2012

Married USC - 1/20/16

Filed I-485/130/131/765 - 2/16/16

NOA1 - 2/19/16

Biometrics Appt - 3/17/16 (Successful Walk-in 3/7/16)

RFE - 3/18/16

Service request for EAD due to job offer - 4/28/16

AP - Approval notice 4/28/16

6/20 - EAD/AP card received (finally)

8/15 - interview scheduled for 9/23

8/22 - interview canceled

11/2 - interview rescheduled for 12/7

11/14 - interview canceled (AGAIN!!!!)

Timeline

I would like to know this as well. I signed up, but it's still showing that I have no scheduled deliveries. :( Also, does it matter who it is to? If it's addressed to my husband, and my name is on the registry for USPS, will it still show up because the address is the same?

Our Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Stephanie, can you do this after they said the card is sent? My card was apparently mailed on the 7th. I just signed up for the USPS thing and can't see where to find out what mail has been sent to me.

Thanks.

There are two USPS websites: one is the regular USPS, and one is the MyUSPS feature. Regular USPS only lets you track packages if you have a tracking number, but you don't need an account. You have to create a USPS account, then additionally opt-in to the MyUSPS feature and check your dashboard. That's where all packages addressed to you will appear, along with their tracking number.

I would like to know this as well. I signed up, but it's still showing that I have no scheduled deliveries. :( Also, does it matter who it is to? If it's addressed to my husband, and my name is on the registry for USPS, will it still show up because the address is the same?

It is based on the address. The EAD is addressed to my wife but showing up in MyUSPS.

I signed up for an account yesterday morning, but the USCIS package didn't show up on in MyUSPS dashboard until just now. It says the EAD card was mailed on June 9 and is scheduled to arrive today--so excited!

Edited by julita26

Timeline

It is based on the address. The EAD is addressed to my wife but showing up in MyUSPS.

I signed up for an account yesterday morning, but the USCIS package didn't show up on in MyUSPS dashboard until just now. It says the EAD card was mailed on June 9 and is scheduled to arrive today--so excited!

That is great to know, and congratulations! That's super exciting!

Our Timeline:

It finally came! Got the combo card in the mail today!

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.