jasonpaz

Delay Interview [merged threads]

8 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Long story short. Met an amazing Russian woman while on business in Singapore in June. We've corresponded everyday and I visited her twice, once in September and once in Dec/Jan. We decided from the very beginning to file for the K1..against all logic and what all our friends said. Well, we finally got to the interview which is scheduled on 2 Feb. Here is the issue. We have been fighting a lot lately about small communicative things that have led to bigger fights. She wanted to break up and I was willing to move on but we changed our minds. We decided instead of a break up, we just need more time to fix this issue. That being said, what should she tell the K1 Officer at the Embassy in Singapore? Can she do the interview, get the Visa then wait for a few months before she comes here. Or could she postpone the interview without having us to refile all of that god awful paperwork.

My heads spinning around right now like its a normal break up but i can't imagine my life with her...and i think she can't either but now we both agree to give it more time before we make this change without ultimately giving up. Any advice on here would be totally helpful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you bought need to really just have a good long talk. Distance is a killer. The massive fights my fiancee and I had over either misunderstandings or because of our time zone difference when, for example, I need to do something without consulting her because she is asleep (and I can only contact her when I am at home on my WIFI, not on the road) and I need to do something right away, something she may not like. So we had a lot of fights in 18 months. We are still together, but it has been a struggle. I can not speak for everyone else, but I say you both need to just talk and not stop talking. That is all I really know what to say, to anyone.

How did they schedule the interview? online? Is there an option to move the date there?

There is some leeway after getting the visa before it expires, the 90 days start after they come to the US, not after they get the visa.

Edited by DrJekl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

If you can reschedule online, that would probably be best. But if you can't, she could still go to the interview as long as you two are still working on it. She has to be honest but she doesn't have to answer anything that's not asked. Say they ask for the wedding date, the honest answer is within 90 days of my coming to America (not, I don't know because we are working out some issues now.) If she's approved then she has 6 months from her medical (or the date the visa was issued whichever happened first) to come to the USA. That would provide you with a little more time to work things out. Good luck

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So we've busted our ### to get the documents done and we've waited and waited for an interview. Finally she got her interview date. She goes to the embassy in Singapore with all of her documents and they tell her, thanks for coming but we need to reevaluate your case. She didn't even get interviewed by the Embassy Officer. When she asked when...they told they would let her know. When she asked how...they told her they would let her know in writing.

Does anyone know what this means? She had to take off from work, which is tough to do in Singapore, in order to do this interview.

Of course I am irritated. This is such a crappy representation of the American government. What do you guys think all of this means?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline