kat&eddie

expedite processing CR1 Visa

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone,

im not sure if there´s already a thread for that Topic but i havent found one.

So our Story is we are planning on marry in September / October this year and then filing the I-130.

He´s in the Army and right now his duty Station is in Texas but he will re-enlist in August so probably there´s a Change of permanently duty Station coming around 2017

So my question is, anyone here has experience with expediting process? I´ve read they expedite when he has a deployment upcoming but i´ve also read from some they just had a PCs´ing upcoming and a letter from their commander to proof that and they have been expedited too.

I would be very thankful if you i can get a bit Input what reason you gave them to expedite your case and if it worked or not?

Also maybe some recently Infos about the timeline how Long it took to get the cr1 visa for NOT expedited processes?

Thank you all so much

Greetings from Germany :goofy:

Kat

Edited by kat&eddie

Hey. My husband and I got married Sept and filled I-130 in October. We got NOA1 on Nov4,2015 and we have been waiting ever since for approval. We wanted to expedite since there is a pending deployment but we haven't gotten orders so we can't do anything other than wait. The timeline depends on which service center will handle your case. I have seen a lot of people who got already approved and sent I-130 later than us. It's all about the luck.

Good luck to you!

I-130 sent: 28th of October, 2015
USCIS received I-130: 2nd of November, 2015
NOA1 - text message: 4th of November, 2015
CASE routed to Nebraska Service Center
NOA1 - mail: About a week later - not sure about the exact date
NOA2 - 8th of March, 2016

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 6th of June, 2016
AOS delivered/picked up - 7th of June, 2016

3x NOA1 via e-mail/text - 20JUNE, 2016

3x NOA1 hard copy - 24JUNE, 2016

Biometrics letter - 30JUNE, 2016 (appointment date 07/15/2016)

Biometrics done - 1JULY, 2016

Interview for GC scheduled - 15 August, 2016 (date was 15 September, 2016)

EAD/AP approval - 23 AUGUST, 2016

EAD/AP received - 30 AUGUST, 2016

Interview rescheduled - 13 September, 2016

Interview date - 18 October, 2016

Removal of Conditions 

I-751 packet sent: 13th of September, 2018 (Texas),

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

Biometrics: REUSED, notice 22 MAY, 2019

Case transferred: 25 JULY, 2019

N-400

Applied online: 24 JULY, 2019

NOA: 24 JULY, 2010

Biometrics: Appointment scheduled on 8/3/2019 for 22 AUGUST, 2019

Biometrics: successful WALK IN on 8 AUGUST, 2019 (Jacksonville, FL) 

Biometrics: "We reviewed your biometrics" update 8 AUGUST, 2019 

Estimated time of completion: November 2019 (3 months)

In answer to your question about non-expedited cases, it is taking about a year for those.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

What Service Center your case got forwardet too? And where your husband is stationed right now?

I´ve read that a letter written from the commanders Office, saying that there is a pending deployment should be enough for them to expedite it. There is also a Military Hotline directly from USCIC, have you ever called there?

Good luck to you :star:

Edited by kat&eddie

Timeline

In answer to your question about non-expedited cases, it is taking about a year for those.

about a year?? geez i thought it became faster now and we would be good with around 9-10 months :(

Hello, what Miki said is right. Her husband doesn't have orders, so its harder for them. My husband was stationed in Belgium and got his orders few months earlier than he was supposed. We just send letter to uscis and explained situation, that he has to leave to usa and I have to move back to my parents, because he will clear his Belgium duty station, our paperwork got expedited and my i130 was approved in month and half. But we knew he is leaving and were living together. But maybe the letter saying, there is pending deployment from his commander would be enough. Why not to have him come to Germany, marry now and file and later you can have wedding you want? Also the military uscis hotline is same like for everybody, just you don't wait on phone that long.

Edited by teanet

Timeline

Hello, what Miki said is right. Her husband doesn't have orders, so its harder for them. My husband was stationed in Belgium and got his orders few months earlier than he was supposed. We just send letter to uscis and explained situation, that he has to leave to usa and I have to move back to my parents, because he will clear his Belgium duty station, our paperwork got expedited and my i130 was approved in month and half. But we knew he is leaving and were living together. But maybe the letter saying, there is pending deployment from his commander would be enough. Why not to have him come to Germany, marry now and file and later you can have wedding you want? Also the military uscis hotline is same like for everybody, just you don't wait on phone that long.

The problem ist that i already have my ticket to fly there in march / April, so the next time we see each other after that is july and to marry in germany would mean for him to fill tons of papers and get them translatet yada yada, its not that easy in germany unfortunately :(

It was pretty easy to get married in Czech, he just needed some papers from embassy and have other papers translated to Czech, but I know what you mean, it was easier for us , as we were in Europe together and we had time to get everything together. The only thing I can advise is to get married in april, come to Germany and apply for CR1 and than request expedite. I know it sucks and its frustrating, mainly with military because you never know what happens next. where is he stationed? We are at Fort Bliss El paso and we have uscis officer here once a week to help with everything, if he has something similar where he is stationed, maybe they could help him with the expedite.

Timeline

Well april is really too soon because he can re enlist in may and we wanted to try if he can re enlist for germany first you know?

Because this would be the easiest way for us.. He will try to get Germany till end of August, if still nothing is available then, we will marry.

Yea army is really really a special case and really frustrating at times for me..

Hes in Ft. Hood i dont know if there is a ucsis office around?

Even if he would re enlist for Germany, the stay while on orders would be considered like you would be in USA, if you re worried about having gc too early. Also I know my husband send me some article that without SSN they will make it harder to get military id card, Tricare and other. I don't know too much about Fort hood, my husband was stationed there for 8 years, but I don't think they have uscis office on post, he can call and ask MWR. I hope he will get Germany, we had pretty much no chance to going back to Europe so we re staying over here but I miss Europe every day.

I wish you all the best and I hope you will find the best way, I know how visa and military can be very frustrating and I know people marry a lot at court house so they can start process and later they have big wedding. I was very lucky that we got married in my country and he got orders few months after.

Timeline

Its not about the GC its more that when he gets Germany than we would consider marry when hes back in Germany, we would have more time for all the Paperwork to prepare when hes here and my family could be at the wedding too

Anyways thanks a lot for your info we really hope he will get Germany, it would make things a lot easier for us

I completely understand, I was so happy we had wedding with my family and friends around, it doesn't happen too often when marrying American, since most of weddings happen in US.

~~moved to Military discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures. Topic is about expediting for military reasons so is better suited to the military forum.~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

im not sure if there´s already a thread for that Topic but i havent found one.

So our Story is we are planning on marry in September / October this year and then filing the I-130.

He´s in the Army and right now his duty Station is in Texas but he will re-enlist in August so probably there´s a Change of permanently duty Station coming around 2017

So my question is, anyone here has experience with expediting process? I´ve read they expedite when he has a deployment upcoming but i´ve also read from some they just had a PCs´ing upcoming and a letter from their commander to proof that and they have been expedited too.

I would be very thankful if you i can get a bit Input what reason you gave them to expedite your case and if it worked or not?

Also maybe some recently Infos about the timeline how Long it took to get the cr1 visa for NOT expedited processes?

Thank you all so much

Greetings from Germany :goofy:

Kat

Hi! I am married to a US marine last Dec 2014 we filed our I-130 on Sept 8 2015, received our NOA 1 September 10. We filed for expedite on February 8, 2016. Received a call from tier 2 February 18,2016 that expedite has been approved. Their sending our papers to embassy and I will be scheduled for interview soon. ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.