Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I called IRS yesterday, after 45 minutes on hold they told me that if a transcript is more than 3 years old, they can't send it to me, they will send me a letter stating that I filled my 2011 income tax but can't get a transcript, I'm planning to use this letter in the interview only if they ask me for 2011 income tax

You can still fax From 4506-T to the number in Kansas City (for Florida). Choose option 6b goes back more than 4 years but should be more than enough for USCIS.

By faxing it, you should receive the transcript in about 2 weeks or so.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You can still fax From 4506-T to the number in Kansas City (for Florida). Choose option 6b goes back more than 4 years but should be more than enough for USCIS.

By faxing it, you should receive the transcript in about 2 weeks or so.

I'm going to fax that form to today,

That's very strange.

The the IRS website says that you can request transcripts 4 years back online, but that for older transcripts you need to mail in the 4506 form.

Last week I requested 2012, 2013, and 2014, 2015 online without any trouble.

I sent in a 4506 for 2008-2011. I'll let you know if I get those.

I got 12, 13, 14 and 15's transcript, I need 2011

Edited by rogperdiaz

US Citizenship N-400

02/10/2016 Application sent

02/12/2016 Application arrived

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

02/27/2016 Biometrics letter

03/09/2016 Biometrics Done

03/21/2016 In line for interview

04/29/2016 Interview Scheduled notification

05/09/2016 Interview letter

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I called IRS yesterday, after 45 minutes on hold they told me that if a transcript is more than 3 years old, they can't send it to me, they will send me a letter stating that I filled my 2011 income tax but can't get a transcript, I'm planning to use this letter in the interview only if they ask me for 2011 income tax

Try to fill the forms as others suggested but I believe the letter IRS will be mailing you should be sufficient. And it is advisable not to say anything relating to it at the interview until you are asked for it. Also, ensure your mailing address with IRS is up to date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Try to fill the forms as others suggested but I believe the letter IRS will be mailing you should be sufficient. And it is advisable not to say anything relating to it at the interview until you are asked for it. Also, ensure your mailing address with IRS is up to date.

I agree... OP, since you're asking about 2011 taxes, I assume you're applying under the 5 year rule. if that's the case, then mostly likely (especially if you got a green card through some other way than marriage) you won't be asked for your returns/transcripts at all.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys,

The interview was pretty easy, the actual time with the interviewer was about 10 minutes. He was very polite but stern. He commented on our organized our files were and said I made his life easier.

The questions were:

-Where is the statue of Liberty

-Who was the first president

-What movement tried to end racial discrimination

-What is one promise you make when you become a US citizen

-Name two US holidays

-Who is the Governor of your state

I got all 6 right so he didn't ask anymore. They were pretty easy questions. As for the English portion he asked me to read who lives in the white house and the write the president lives in the white house. From the moment I arrived and left was about 30 minutes or less. I was way more stressed out than I needed to be, the only thing he took from me in terms of documents was our 2015 tax transcript since it was not ready when we filed back in February and he only looked at my green card. They said I will get a letter in the mail in a few days to find out the Oath date.

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

The interview was pretty easy, the actual time with the interviewer was about 10 minutes. He was very polite but stern. He commented on our organized our files were and said I made his life easier.

The questions were:

-Name two US holidays

I got all 6 right so he didn't ask anymore. They were pretty easy questions. As for the English portion he asked me to read who lives in the white house and the write the president lives in the white house. From the moment I arrived and left was about 30 minutes or less. I was way more stressed out than I needed to be, the only thing he took from me in terms of documents was our 2015 tax transcript since it was not ready when we filed back in February and he only looked at my green card. They said I will get a letter in the mail in a few days to find out the Oath date.

Congratulations A & K 42. Did you file based on 3 years (marriage) or 5 years?

Hi guys,

The questions were:

-Name two US holidays

I'm totally going to cringe if I have to name my state's governor. He's a piece of .

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

I'm totally going to cringe if I have to name my state's governor. He's a piece of ####.

Hehehe.

This reminds me of an interview experience posted here a few years ago... an applicant was asked to name the Speaker of the House. She (the applicant) named the Speaker and then rolled her eyes. The interviewer laughed and said, "I know how you feel."

To keep it non-partisan I won't say whether the Speaker was Nancy Pelosi or John Boehner at the time. ;-)

For everyone studying, by the way, remember that the answer to the Speaker question is currently Paul Ryan. :-)

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Hehehe.

This reminds me of an interview experience posted here a few years ago... an applicant was asked to name the Speaker of the House. She (the applicant) named the Speaker and then rolled her eyes. The interviewer laughed and said, "I know how you feel."

To keep it non-partisan I won't say whether the Speaker was Nancy Pelosi or John Boehner at the time. ;-)

For everyone studying, by the way, remember that the answer to the Speaker question is currently Paul Ryan. :-)

Yeah I know it's Paul Ryan. *EYEROLL*

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

So I called uscis yesterday concerning me not receiving my interview notice with my interview being scheduled on 4/19. The lady said she can't disclose the date and time of the interview over the phone and that I only have 2 options, one is to call agaon on 5/19, that marks 30 days from interview being scheduled, to request the notice fax to me, second is if I don't have a fax I'll have to schedule a infopass on the website to request a duplicate copy of the notice and pick it up in person. I have already scheduled an appointment on 5/24, that's the only date available, just in case.

Any advice from you all? Has anyone ever obtained the interview information over the phone? Do I need that notice for my interview if I could find out over the phone?

OUR JourneyK103/19/2012 I129F sent (CSC)03/27/2012 NOA 107/24/2012 NOA 2 (123 Days from NOA 1)08/02/2012 NVC (5 days)08/14/2012 Received Packet 3 (22 Days from NOA 2)08/29/2012 Interview & APPROVED!! (159 Days from NOA 1)08/31/2012 K1 visa in Hand!!!!11/07/2012 POE via Chicago11/09/2012 MarriageAOS (Green Card in hand after 4 months and 4 days)11/30/2012 AOS package sent12/07/2012 NOA hard copies received for AOS, EAD & AP12/28/2012 Biometrics appointment02/04/2013 EAD & AP combo card received (approved after 57 days)03/26/2013 Interview04/03/2013 Conditional Green Card received (8 days after interview)*Green Card in hand 12 months 15 days after I129 was sent* ROC01/20/2015 ROC package sent01/21/2015 NOA (Received in mail on 01/26/2015) 02/17/2015 Biometrics appointment 06/18/2015 Approved 06/26/2015 Card received ________________________________________________________________________9hft6b514xjptqer.png[url="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/"?5v4diae5bqndljpg.png[/url]

How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

This is kind of a tricky question right now

So I called uscis yesterday concerning me not receiving my interview notice with my interview being scheduled on 4/19. The lady said she can't disclose the date and time of the interview over the phone and that I only have 2 options, one is to call agaon on 5/19, that marks 30 days from interview being scheduled, to request the notice fax to me, second is if I don't have a fax I'll have to schedule a infopass on the website to request a duplicate copy of the notice and pick it up in person. I have already scheduled an appointment on 5/24, that's the only date available, just in case.

Any advice from you all? Has anyone ever obtained the interview information over the phone? Do I need that notice for my interview if I could find out over the phone?

Keep calling and asking for a tier 2 agent until you get one that will fax it to you now.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

This is kind of a tricky question right now

Keep calling and asking for a tier 2 agent until you get one that will fax it to you now.

Constitutionally, 9. Currently, 8.

"And by gosh, I will not support a candidate that so willingly flouts the Constitution ... oh okay, sorry officer, I'll get off my soapbox"

Edited by akihon

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Timeline

Yes; some people have got the interview date on the phone.

In very few cases, they were given the date right away.

More often, they're told that they can only be given the date if the interview is within a week of the call (hard to plan if you don't know the date).

So as silly as it sounds, I would just call back again and hope you get someone else.

First of all, make sure you are talking to a Tier 2 agent. This is an immigration officer who can see the date. Insist on speaking to one because you are about to miss your interview. The first agent you get on the phone can't see the date... all he can see is what you see on your case status; that you have an interview and you should contact them if you don't get anything by the 19th.

If you're talking to an officer and he won't give you the date, ask him if he'll at least tell you if it's this week. If it isn't call back on Monday.

You can keep trying until your infopass appointment.

Now... aside from all that, your interview was scheduled on 4/19. Most applicants have recently been scheduled for appointments exactly 5 weeks after the scheduling date, or one day or two days later if the interview slots for that day are full.... this is not a firm rule, but it's a useful prediction. 5 weeks from Tuesday 4/19 is Tuesday 5/24. If I were you, I would call again this week and tell them that you believe your interview is next week and that you haven't got your notice yet and ask to speak to an immigration officer so he can fax you the letter.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Constitutionally, 9. Currently, 8.

"And by gosh, I will not support a candidate that so willingly flouts the Constitution ... oh okay, sorry officer, I'll get off my soapbox"

It's a fine point, but the number of Supreme Court Justices is not set by the Constitution. It is set by statute and has varied in the past.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

It's a fine point, but the number of Supreme Court Justices is not set by the Constitution. It is set by statute and has varied in the past.

Which is partly why its a sticky question now. I told my wife to say there is supposed to be nine, but currently there are 8.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.