Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

interview letter received today dated 4/22. interview date is 6/1

Hello, In addition to your interview appointment letter, did they also send you form N-659 (Naturalization Interview Document Checklist).

What did they ask you to bring to the interview?

Please state if you are applying based on three years (marriage) or 5 years.

Interview scheduled text received on 4/29/16.

Waiting for letter with date/time!

(Someone else please update. My browser always changes the formatting for some viewers.)

Will update with date you received letter and your appointment date.

Hello, In addition to your interview appointment letter, did they also send you form N-659 (Naturalization Interview Document Checklist).

Yes, they do send a document checklist. I applied based on 3 years.

Other than all my valid/invalid passports, I included all my tax transcripts (I submitted 2012 2013 and 2014, and am bringing 2015). They ask for proof of living in marital union, so I've included copies of all my leases. Marriage cert and USC birth cert. A copy of a traffic ticket I forgot to disclose on my application (but I'm not expecting to have to show it). I am not planning on bringing in bank statements.

Edited by akihon

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline

We got the N-659 - it just asked for Green Card, driver's license, and Armenian passport, plus marriage certificate, spouse birth certificate, and past three years of tax returns. We're not filing under any special circumstances (military, working abroad, previous trips longer than six months, criminal record, et cetera), so we don't have any other documents. We'll probably bring other things just in case (photos, ticket stubs, credit cards, et cetera). Can't hurt, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Will update with date you received letter and your appointment date.

Yes, they do send a document checklist. I applied based on 3 years.

Interesting. They used to do this; they used to send a yellow letter shortly before the interview letter. This contained a list of recommended items to bring; although they sometimes asked for more things and sometimes asked for fewer things at the actual interview. They stopped sending these about 2 years ago, but if you go back to some monthly threads before then, you'll see a column for when you received the Yellow Letter.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498760-n-400-june-2014-filers/?p=7588669

Maybe with the new application they've started sending out checklists again.

Usually these checklists asked for generic things that were enough in most cases, but were not really "evidence" that would satisfy an interviewer who had doubts about eligibility.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Interesting. They used to do this; they used to send a yellow letter shortly before the interview letter. This contained a list of recommended items to bring; although they sometimes asked for more things and sometimes asked for fewer things at the actual interview. They stopped sending these about 2 years ago, but if you go back to some monthly threads before then, you'll see a column for when you received the Yellow Letter.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498760-n-400-june-2014-filers/?p=7588669

Maybe with the new application they've started sending out checklists again.

Usually these checklists asked for generic things that were enough in most cases, but were not really "evidence" that would satisfy an interviewer who had doubts about eligibility.

As far as I know, this is only the appointment letter with the date and time to gain entrance to the USCIS Office, not the yellow letter of old.

I've heard that the N-400 form changed recently, but my wife filed under the previous one, I'm almost certain. Yesterday, she mentioned to me coincidentally that she was looking at the new form and had noticed a few changes.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

We got the N-659 - it just asked for Green Card, driver's license, and Armenian passport, plus marriage certificate, spouse birth certificate, and past three years of tax returns. We're not filing under any special circumstances (military, working abroad, previous trips longer than six months, criminal record, et cetera), so we don't have any other documents. We'll probably bring other things just in case (photos, ticket stubs, credit cards, et cetera). Can't hurt, right?

I printed out a page of my health insurance showing my husband's name on there as a dependent. I might print out auto and renter's insurance declarations, but I have included leases and tax transcripts. Again, I don't want to bring the book of bank statements, so I'm hoping that will be enough.

If anything, whatever isn't on the checklist, I'm just going to be professional with them about it and say that if they required it for the interview, they should have requested it.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My case was updated this morning, "Interview was scheduled"

US Citizenship N-400

02/10/2016 Application sent

02/12/2016 Application arrived

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

02/27/2016 Biometrics letter

03/09/2016 Biometrics Done

03/21/2016 In line for interview

04/29/2016 Interview Scheduled notification

05/09/2016 Interview letter

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

My case was updated this morning, "Interview was scheduled"

Orlando finally woke up! Congrats!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I printed out a page of my health insurance showing my husband's name on there as a dependent. I might print out auto and renter's insurance declarations, but I have included leases and tax transcripts. Again, I don't want to bring the book of bank statements, so I'm hoping that will be enough.

If anything, whatever isn't on the checklist, I'm just going to be professional with them about it and say that if they required it for the interview, they should have requested it.

In almost all cases, what you've prepared seems to be enough.

However, here's a recent a post from today about an interviewer who was asking for a lot more:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/594256-how-long-after-rfe-at-interview-for-process-to-play-out/?p=8119663

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

However, here's a recent a post from today about an interviewer who was asking for a lot more:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/594256-how-long-after-rfe-at-interview-for-process-to-play-out/?p=8119663

Rekt.

Wow, she was certainly being a ______. I can't believe asking for auto insurance cards for 3 years. When I get a new one, I toss the old one that just expired. I don't know anyone who actually saves such things.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Wow, she was certainly being a ______. I can't believe asking for auto insurance cards for 3 years. When I get a new one, I toss the old one that just expired. I don't know anyone who actually saves such things.

Florida law enforcement now accepts electronic versions for the "license, registration and insurance, please" routine. We don't even have auto insurance ID cards anymore (all of our bank statements are online for that matter, as well.) My wife wouldn't even be allowed to show them on her smartphone, if asked, with the USCIS being a modern technology-free zone and all!

---

"I don't know anyone who actually saves such things." Just another reason that I'm ready for USCIS to be out of my life - ridiculous requests/demands that no other US Citizen is required to go through.

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

Orlando finally woke up! Congrats!

Yes!!, Thank you, I don't know what is worth wait for the appointment or the text message notification lol

US Citizenship N-400

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Yes!!, Thank you, I don't know what is worth wait for the appointment or the text message notification lol

Worst not worth

US Citizenship N-400

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

yes there is a checklist along with the letter.

i am applying based on three years marriage.

i will just take the copy of my package with me. nothing has changed after the application submission.

on interview letter same stuff : GC, Marriage certificate , passport, spouse's naturalization or birth certificate.

on the check list separately actually it is a mention of all the documents again i sent with the application. proofs of ongoing relationship and proof of trips outside, tax returns etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.