Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congrats, can't wait to be in that same room, hopefully very soon

Awesome!! Congrats to her! :dance:

I thought about her upcoming ceremony when I was standing outside the Ceremony Room at USCIS on Tuesday. The picture you posted is the only time I'll ever see what is on the other side of those doors! :lol:

Thanks!

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats, can't wait to be in that same room, hopefully very soon

Where and when is your oath?

July 21st, Federal Courthouse in Downtown Orlando.

For whatever reason, they aren't allowing her to use her maiden last name as her new middle name without a court order. The IO on Tuesday said that even though it is legal in Florida, and she already has it as her legal name on everything else, naturalization is different and to issue the certificate with a middle name different than the one on her birth certificate, she needs a judicial ceremony. It's at the point where questioning it more will cause an even longer delay, so a judicial ceremony it is.

I just have a feeling that a courthouse ceremony will be, well, more like court and not as enjoyable and laid back.

I hope you hear something soon. I think the ceremonies at USCIS are every 2 weeks. You should have time to get in that one!

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I cant believe this is happening, I receive my oath ceremony letter today, and I was scheduled to take the oath today at 1 oclock, of course I didn't make it, it was mailed on june 28, so mailed on tuesday to have the ceremony today, I can't believe uscis did this, I hope somebody can help me

US Citizenship N-400

02/10/2016 Application sent

02/12/2016 Application arrived

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

02/27/2016 Biometrics letter

03/09/2016 Biometrics Done

03/21/2016 In line for interview

04/29/2016 Interview Scheduled notification

05/09/2016 Interview letter

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I cant believe this is happening, I receive my oath ceremony letter today, and I was scheduled to take the oath today at 1 oclock, of course I didn't make it, it was mailed on june 28, so mailed on tuesday to have the ceremony today, I can't believe uscis did this, I hope somebody can help me

Unbelievable!!! :wow::ranting:

So sorry to see this... Go there first thing tomorrow, 7AM, with the letter in hand explaining that it arrived after the scheduled ceremony! Do not leave until they re-schedule you for the very next one!

Also, take anything that can help prove when it was mailed. A printout of the text/email and the envelope (if it has a postmark that says Jun 28). My wife's text was on the 22nd but the envelope says 23rd. If your letter was mailed yesterday (or even on Tuesday), there is no way they could expect you to be there today!

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

Unbelievable!!! :wow::ranting:

So sorry to see this... Go there first thing tomorrow, 7AM, with the letter in hand explaining that it arrived after the scheduled ceremony! Do not leave until they re-schedule you for the very next one!

I was thinking about doing that, I was looking for infopass appointment but there is none it say check tomorrow, I know they have ceremonies on fridays but I guess they change it for Thursdays now, They maybe can squeeze me on tomorrow's oath if they have one are they open that early (7 am)

Edited by rogperdiaz

US Citizenship N-400

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I was thinking about doing that, I was looking for infopass appointment but there is none it say check tomorrow, I know they have ceremonies on fridays but I guess they change it for Thursdays now, They maybe can squeeze me on tomorrow's oath if they have one are they open that early (7 am)

Infopass at Orlando takes forever to schedule or you need a lot of luck to find a last minute cancellation. Go tomorrow. I'm almost certain I remember seeing 7AM on the door when I was there on Tuesday morning. If anything, it is 7:30 at the latest because it was definitely "7". I think they'll at least talk to you and get you into the next ceremony. They've already shown that they don't need much notice.

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This happens more often that you'd think. Some people even get the letter a day or two after the ceremony.

You're supposed to return the letter with an explanation of what happened. You'll then be scheduled for a new ceremony. You may receive a letter asking you to explain why you missed your ceremony. That's normal.

I would call tomorrow and explain the issue. That could fast-track your rescheduling.

Don't worry too much. This is inconvenient but it won't affect you're approval.

Or if the office is close you can visit them; most won't let you in without an Infopass or an appointment letter, but you can try. If it's far away for you, id call instead.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

I would try both, I will go tomorrow morning to the office, is close to me, we even share the same zipcode, when I went there for the interview they didn't ask for my appointment, only security. Then I talk to somebody at the front desk. Let see what happens

US Citizenship N-400

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I would just go, if you can. The worst that can happen is they'll say mail it in. The best is that they will fix it right away. We were there for an 8AM appt and the place was almost empty. We barely sat down in the waiting area after leaving the check-in counter before my wife was called to the window.

You're even closer than we are and we're close! I think you'll get to talk to someone since, like you said, they don't seem too strict as long as you can get through security. Good luck tomorrow!

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

I would just go, if you can. The worst that can happen is they'll say mail it in. The best is that they will fix it right away. We were there for an 8AM appt and the place was almost empty. We barely sat down in the waiting area after leaving the check-in counter before my wife was called to the window.

Did they ask you for your appointment before security or at the front desk?

Edited by rogperdiaz

US Citizenship N-400

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Did they ask you for your appointment before security or at the front desk?

They asked at security but, honestly, I passed through before my wife even showed them her appointment letter. I just had to show my ID first and I did mention that I was with her. I still think you'll get in with the oath letter and late postmarked envelope.

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

They asked at security but, honestly, I passed through before my wife even showed them her appointment letter.

I should not be worried, I know is not my fault, but I AM, I'm going to need some pills tonight to sleep, this is ridiculous

US Citizenship N-400

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Infopass at Orlando takes forever to schedule or you need a lot of luck to find a last minute cancellation. Go tomorrow. I'm almost certain I remember seeing 7AM on the door when I was there on Tuesday morning. If anything, it is 7:30 at the latest because it was definitely "7". I think they'll at least talk to you and get you into the next ceremony. They've already shown that they don't need much notice.

Yes I noticed 7AM on the door this morning as well. This is unfortunate that you have to go through this I was worried about this possible scenario as well. You aren't the first person to experience this, Rogperdiaz. Hang in there!

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

Timeline

Yes I noticed 7AM on the door this morning as well. This is unfortunate that you have to go through this I was worried about this possible scenario as well. You aren't the first person to experience this, Rogperdiaz. Hang in there!

I'm getting ready to got to the field office, already have an infopass appointment for Juliy 15 wich I will keep under my sleeve for the worst case scenario, I will update latter to see how this episode ends. Thanks

US Citizenship N-400

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.