Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Frustration with the incompetence of USCIS and their refusal to honor an already completed legal via marriage in the State of Florida name change aside, will she forever now be required to list this fake, never before seen, never before used, made up by the IO name in the future wherever she's required to 'list all former names'?

I really hope she can talk some sense into them on Tuesday at her infoPass.

Let's set aside your whole story and concentrate on your question about "former names" and let's assume that this was a normal name change request.

At the interview your wife signed a name change request, correct?

That form looked like this: http://www.californiaclassix.com/Bernard/Name_form.jpg

It lists a former name and a new name.

The new name is the name that will be on her certificate and the former name is her legal name at the time of the interview.

In future she should list this, and any other names she has used as "former names".

If the "made up" name is not on the name change request then she doesn't ever have to list it, because she never used it and USCIS never determined that it was her legal name.

Your wife should have signed two copies of the name change request and at the ceremony, she'll get one of them back except that it'll be endorsed by the Federal District Court. That's the name change certificate; so she should know at this point exactly what it'll look like.

That's if they process the name change; if they don't then who knows what they'll do.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just showed her that form and she said "No, it wasn't that one. " I don't know if it has changed, though, since this one is from 1998.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Timeline

I just showed her that form and she said "No, it wasn't that one. " I don't know if it has changed, though, since this one is from 1998.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

That's identical to the form I signed 2 weeks ago. I wonder what she signed. Ask to see it at the Infopass. Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

That's identical to the form I signed 2 weeks ago.

Then, I have no idea what he made her sign..

The frustrating part is that he seems to insist that her legal name is her married name but not her married name in a form acceptable to him.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

Then, I have no idea what he made her sign..

The frustrating part is that he seems to insist that her legal name is her married name but not her married name in a form acceptable to him.

Ask to see the form at the Infopass. That's the best way to be sure what's happening.

Timeline

Ask to see the form at the Infopass. That's the best way to be sure what's happening.

Good idea.. She made the appointment for one person, but I'm tempted to go with her anyway since English isn't her first language and this is confusing enough for a native English speaker like me.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good idea.. She made the appointment for one person, but I'm tempted to go with her anyway since English isn't her first language and this is confusing enough for a native English speaker like me.

I feel your pain. Hang in there Ryna. It appears the advice given to you seems like the best route. Best of luck.

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

Timeline

I feel your pain. Hang in there Ryna. It appears the advice given to you seems like the best route. Best of luck.

Thanks, Dustin. At least your wife hasn't had these problems. You guys need a quick oath more than we do!

We're not in a hurry and July 21 is fine but it's totally unnecessary. Plus, I really don't like that the IO gets to reject the name she legally chose 5 years ago just because he doesn't think it should be what it already is.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: Timeline

Congrats to all who have become citizens and good luck to those awaiting the interview.

We are still waiting for an inline notification, we have been waiting since 3/7 which is now 3 months 15 days. We called at the end of April and were told by the tier 1 rep that we would have to wait until 7/12 because our field office is still under 5 months time. Anyone else still waiting for the inline notification?

I submitted at Dallas Lockbox, had fingerprinted on March 9 and still waiting for In Line. I called them on June 8 but they told me the same, still under normal time frame. I'll try to call on July 12 as well.

Do the passport agencies do same day processing of passports?

If so, what additional requirements do I have to meet so they can do it for me?

You will have to show them an itinerary proving you will be traveling in two weeks and/or need a foreign visa in four weeks, on top of the application form, certificate and your photo etc.

Even then, I don't think all agencies do same day.

Edited by akihon

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Timeline

Dustin and Ryna:

Congrats, seems a good momentum at the otherwise slow Orlando office. I had my Oath finished today. :dancing:

One relevant observation. I meet a couple, both had their N400 interview on the same day, but their Oaths were 30 days apart. They were not happy for making the trip to mainland Orlando from some far off rural Florida location. Husband gets Oath 10 days after interview and wife 40 days after interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Crossing my fingers for an update this coming week, this wait is killing me, I'm in the same situation that 5 years ago when they deny my N400 for early filling, If I follow Ryna timeline, I should be receiving an update between monday and tuesday (3 weeks since my interview)

US Citizenship N-400

02/10/2016 Application sent

02/12/2016 Application arrived

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

02/27/2016 Biometrics letter

03/09/2016 Biometrics Done

03/21/2016 In line for interview

04/29/2016 Interview Scheduled notification

05/09/2016 Interview letter

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Dustin and Ryna:

Congrats, seems a good momentum at the otherwise slow Orlando office. I had my Oath finished today. :dancing:

One relevant observation. I meet a couple, both had their N400 interview on the same day, but their Oaths were 30 days apart. They were not happy for making the trip to mainland Orlando from some far off rural Florida location. Husband gets Oath 10 days after interview and wife 40 days after interview.

Congrats! I'm ready for my wife to be done this Thursday! I was able to come home a day early so I can be with her at the ceremony. :)

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Still waiting, waiting, waiting for an interview date in Chicago :( I am beginning to think we got put "in line" without the background check actually being done. Has anyone seen this before?

Jeremiah 29:11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"

our extended timeline

05/05 - Entered US
10/3 - Mailed I-485 and I-765
10/14 - NOA1 for AOS and I-765.
10/22 - I-485 Biometrics NOA received, appt 11/15
10/27 - Touched on both I-485 and I-765.
10/31 - I-765 Biometrics NOA dated 10/24. Appt on 11/29 at 12PM.
11/15 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 done on same day.
11/16 & 27 - Case "touched" on bcis.gov.
12/7 - EAD approval by e-mail. Card is on its way. Thank you Lord!!
12/12 - Received EAD.
1/9/06 - Applied for SSN. Received 1/17
3/30 - Got our AOS Interview notice!! Interview date 5/31
5/31/06 - Permanent residency granted! Passport stamped IR6. God is so faithful!

2/2/16 - Mailed in N-400 paperwork

2/10/16 - Received text that N-400 paperwork was received.

2/16/16 - Text that fingerprint appointment has been scheduled.

3/1/16 - Biometrics interview, Naperville, IL

3/11/16 - E-notice that case is in line for an interview

7/8/16 - Text/site updated that Interview date has been assigned

7/14/16 - Received letter dated 7/11 with interview date on 8/11
8/11/16 - Interview, given paper that said passed test but no decision can be made at this time.

10/18/16 - Received text, status online updated to say oath ceremony has been scheduled!!!!

Notice: I am not a lawyer nor legal profession; my posts on this website are just my lay opinions, formulated from my own case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.