Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Guys,

long time without checking the forum! so glad to see all the updates...Just wanna give an update on mycase...Im officially done!!!

I received my US passport yesterday!!! I already enrroll to vote and on monday I received my new SSN card (I updated my immigratory status)

Can't believe Im finally done done!!!

Congrats!

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, just got back from my interview!
It was pretty standard, she went straight to the reading and writing test, then asked the questions

1) Who's the governor

2) Name 2 US holidays

3) Who was the 1st president

4) What was the movement that ended racial discrimination

can't remember the other 2.

Then she went through all my application, made some notes, yes or no questions. Didn't ask for any documents I brought, except 2015 tax transcripts.

She asked me to verify my information and sign. She then said her supervisor would have to go through my file and I would receive a note when a decision is made. On that paper, she marked the box "recommended for approval" and I left.

She didn't say I'm approved, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Overall, it was very easy!

K1
17-may-2011: I-129F sent to Texas lockbox (regular mail, not certified)
23-may-2011: Texas office received package
26-may-2011: NOA1 by email/txt
27-may-2011: Touched
01-jun-2011: NOA1 arrived by mail (dated may 25th)
08-sep-2011: NOA2!!!
23-nov-2011: Interview - Approved!! =)

AOS
11-jun-2012: AOS sent to Chicago lockbox (priority mail)
13-jun-2012: Chicago office received package
18-jun-2012: NOA1 by email/txt
22-jun-2012: NOA1 arrived by mail (dated june 18th)
06-jul-2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail (scheduled july 16th)
06-jul-2012: Email saying my case got transferred
16-jul-2012: Biometrics appointment
15-aug-2012: Email/txt EAD approved!
08-feb-2013: Email/txt Greencard approved!!
14-feb-2013: Greencard arrived in the mail

Hi Guys,

long time without checking the forum! so glad to see all the updates...Just wanna give an update on mycase...Im officially done!!!

I received my US passport yesterday!!! I already enrroll to vote and on monday I received my new SSN card (I updated my immigratory status)

Can't believe Im finally done done!!!

Congrats!! I will apply for my passport Monday. I am not in a big hurry since I don't have travel plans. I did update my Social Security card the day after my oath.

Timeline

It was pretty standard, she went straight to the reading and writing test, then asked the questions

1) Who's the governor

2) Name 2 US holidays

Then she went through all my application, made some notes, yes or no questions. Didn't ask for any documents I brought, except 2015 tax transcripts.

She asked me to verify my information and sign. She then said her supervisor would have to go through my file and I would receive a note when a decision is made. On that paper, she marked the box "recommended for approval" and I left.

Congrats! Hope you hear something soon.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

1) Who's the governor

2) Name 2 US holidays

That's great!! Congrats!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Congrats!! I will apply for my passport Monday. I am not in a big hurry since I don't have travel plans. I did update my Social Security card the day after my oath.

I dont have plans to travel either but I did pay the expedite passport. My venezuelan passport is expired since last october and in order to get a new one I have to travel to New Orleans or chicago plus wait for probably 4 months.

Not having a passport and having my entire family living abroad was a very nervewrecking situation...In april I lost my grandmother and I couldn't even attended her funeral :(

So that's why I apply earlier for my citizenship but also got my passport as soon as I had my naturalization certificate.

I feel like finally I can breath easily hahahaha

It says 2-3 weeks but it took 12 days! so the extra money I paid was totally worth it

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

I dont have plans to travel either but I did pay the expedite passport. My venezuelan passport is expired since last october and in order to get a new one I have to travel to New Orleans or chicago plus wait for probably 4 months.

Not having a passport and having my entire family living abroad was a very nervewrecking situation...In april I lost my grandmother and I couldn't even attended her funeral :(

So that's why I apply earlier for my citizenship but also got my passport as soon as I had my naturalization certificate.

I feel like finally I can breath easily hahahaha

It says 2-3 weeks but it took 12 days! so the extra money I paid was totally worth it

I will let you know how long mine takes without paying the extra. :)

I will let you know how long mine takes without paying the extra. :)

I applied on 5/31 and received my passport on 6/14, passport card on 6/17.

Am still waiting to get my naturalization certificate back so I can update SSA as well as apply for a new business visa. I called them to ask about it on Tuesday (6/21) and they told me they mailed it out on Saturday 6/18 so it should show up this week

Edited by akihon

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline
my_logo.png

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBC*000000000. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 22, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

It looks like they skipped right over the in-line status and it's time to start watching the mailbox!!

Hopefully, rogperdiaz will report in later with good news, too!

My wife will still keep her infoPass next week, mainly to verify that the name will be correct on the certificate, given the confusion over that on her interview day just to be sure there are no last second surprises that day.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

my_logo.png

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBC*000000000. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 22, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

It looks like they skipped right over the in-line status and it's time to start watching the mailbox!!

My wife will still keep her infoPass next week, mainly to verify that the name will be correct on the certificate, given the confusion over that on her interview day just to be sure there are no last second surprises that day.

She will most likely also have the option to correct her certificate on the day itself, if it is still wrong, for no charge.

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Timeline

She will most likely also have the option to correct her certificate on the day itself, if it is still wrong, for no charge.

Yeah, I've heard that but I also heard that they can't complete the oath with an incorrect certificate and she'd need to reschedule. It can't hurt just to verify now since it's only 5 miles away and she won't have to take off from work or anything.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats to all who have become citizens and good luck to those awaiting the interview.

We are still waiting for an inline notification, we have been waiting since 3/7 which is now 3 months 15 days. We called at the end of April and were told by the tier 1 rep that we would have to wait until 7/12 because our field office is still under 5 months time. Anyone else still waiting for the inline notification?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
my_logo.png

Congrats!!!!. I'm still waiting

US Citizenship N-400

02/10/2016 Application sent

02/12/2016 Application arrived

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

02/27/2016 Biometrics letter

03/09/2016 Biometrics Done

03/21/2016 In line for interview

04/29/2016 Interview Scheduled notification

05/09/2016 Interview letter

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
my_logo.png

Congrats! That's great!... My wife didn't see her letter arrive today, so hopefully it'll be there tomorrow. We need an oath date as early as possible.

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

Yeah, I've heard that but I also heard that they can't complete the oath with an incorrect certificate and she'd need to reschedule. It can't hurt just to verify now since it's only 5 miles away and she won't have to take off from work or anything.

Interesting. At least in Chicago, we weren't told that. We were only told that we can correct the certificate after the ceremony, same day, for no charge. If we went back another day to correct it, it would cost $600.

Definitely keep the appointment anyway, but I just pointed out that she can still correct it later, from what I gathered at the Chicago ceremony.

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.