Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm glad to see some movement in Orlando. Hopefully, your wife's notice was part of a big stack of approvals that are waiting to be entered and will be finished this AM.

And, just curious...

Is your wife requesting her maiden or married name on her certificate? My wife has an infoPass next Tuesday to try to straighten out the (non-)name change issue in her case and we're just trying to see if it's a general policy in Orlando to send people requesting their married name to judicial ceremonies or if her IO is just making up his own rules as he goes. If it's a general policy, there is no point in arguing it but if he is applying different rules in her case just because he can or because he made an error, she wants to speak to a supervisor before it drags on too much longer. I can understand (sort of) different policies in different offices, but people in the same office should expect the same set of rules, IMO.

When my wife came over on the K-1 Visa, we had her named changed to her married name right away after we got married. From then on, she's always her her married name on all legal identification and documents. I have talked to others from prior months and they area also going through name change issues. One of them had their judicial oath about a month and a half after their interview. I can't remember at the moment, but the person I believe is named sazzy.

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When my wife came over on the K-1 Visa, we had her named changed to her married name right away after we got married. From then on, she's always her her married name on all legal identification and documents. I have talked to others from prior months and they area also going through name change issues. One of them had their judicial oath about a month and a half after their interview. I can't remember at the moment, but the person I believe is named sazzy.

Thanks... Same here... I don't know if you were married in Florida but the IO seemed to have an issue with the fact that the Florida license only shows her maiden name. You'd think that, working in Florida, he'd understand that the legal name change doesn't take place on the marriage certificate itself, but....

She's just trying to go into the infopass next week with as much knowledge as she can. She has every document sent to and received from USCIS going back to filing EAD/AP/AOS showing her married name. If she knew it was only going to be 1-1/2 months that wouldn't be so bad - 3 weeks have almost passed already - but I don't trust USCIS. We've never even had an RFE but nothing since her POE (not USCIS in that case, but CBP - still DHS) has gone smoothly because of typographical/name errors on their part. We thought we were beyond that and now they throw this curve ball at the very last step.

The IO told her at interview time that she could take the oath at an administrative ceremony for a certificate in her maiden name. I wonder if there is any downside to just letting them win if they won't budge? Other than having to show our marriage certificate when she applies for a passport in her married name, I can't really think of any. All of her other IDs are already in her married name, so there's nothing else to change.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Yo ryna and rogperdiaz! My wife had an update for her status to be in-line for the Oath ceremony this afternoon. :) Hopefully the notice arrives sooner than later in the mail.

my_logo.png
Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number NBC*000000000, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Waoo congratulations, I'm still waiting for an update, this bring me memories when I was denied for early filling

US Citizenship N-400

02/10/2016 Application sent

02/12/2016 Application arrived

02/17/2016 Check cashed

02/26/2016 NoA

02/27/2016 Biometrics letter

03/09/2016 Biometrics Done

03/21/2016 In line for interview

04/29/2016 Interview Scheduled notification

05/09/2016 Interview letter

06/07/2016 Interview

07/14/2016 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Waoo congratulations, I'm still waiting for an update, this bring me memories when I was denied for early filling

I hope we both get good news today but I think you'll hear something first.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Wow, after waiting 103 days in the background check, they scheduled the interview on the same day it got put in-line!! Waiting for the letter...

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On June 20, 2016, we scheduled an interview for your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, Receipt Number NBC*0000000000. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

congrats!

I and a few others still stuck in background checks. Did you do anything to move the process along (e.g. make an infopass appointment or call?).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

And one more question: do we have to bring our social security card for the interview?

Thanks!!

No.

ry8wm8.png........oSDDm8.png ke7wm7.png

My wife's journey:

============================================= USCIS ==============================================

12/15/2017 (Friday) I-130 & I-130A were sent to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox by FedEx (overnight)

12/16/2017 (Saturday) I-130 & I-130A were delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox (signed by J. Lopez)

12/18/2017 (Monday) PRIORITY DATE

12/20/2017 (Wednesday) Received text and email that my case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Texas Service Center for processing

12/21/2017 (Thursday) Check was cashed. NOA-1 (I-797C) was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

12/26/2017 (Tuesday) NOA-1 (I-797C) was received.

06/07/2018 (Thursday) NOA-2 was APPROVED. 172 days.

06/11/2018 (Monday) NOA-2 was delivered by USPS to my home address.

06/22/2018 (Friday) Our case was sent to the U.S. Department of State (DOS) for visa processing (NVC)

============================================= NVC ==============================================

07/27/2018 (Friday) NVC welcome letter with Case number and Invoice ID number was received by email. (51 days from NOA 2 and 225 days total)

07/27/2018-07/31/2018 NVC website was down

07/31/2018 Fees paid.

08/08/2018 ALL forms and documents were submitted (uploaded) to NVC website.

08/14/2018 CASE COMPLETED (DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED)

09/19/2018 Got email with VISA INTERVIEW DATE

My journey:

02/01/2016 N-400 Filing Date (Sent package via UPS).

02/04/2016 N-400 package was delivered (signed by Adriana) to Phoenix, AZ (USCIS Lockbox). PRIORITY DATE

02/18/2016 Fee waiver was approved. NOTICE DATE

02/19/2016 Received text and email from USCIS (NOA).

02/22/2016 I-797C (NOA) letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

02/25/2016 I-797C (NOA) received by regular mail (USPS).

02/27/2016 NOTICE DATE for Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment.

03/02/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

03/05/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was delivered to me.

03/07/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) (early walk-in).

03/10/2016 In Line (email from USCIS/DHS).

05/04/2016 "Interview was scheduled" email (email from USCIS/DHS).

05/05/2016 Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS. NOTICE DATE.

05/10/2016 Interview letter was delivered to me.

06/08/2016 Interview.

06/08/2016 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (hand given right after the Interview).

06/16/2016 Oath Ceremony.

I'M A US CITIZEN!!!!!!  

congrats!

I and a few others still stuck in background checks. Did you do anything to move the process along (e.g. make an infopass appointment or call?).

Nope, it was umh... spontaneous.

I called 90 days after fingerprinting but I'm sure that had as much effect as my own checking the status online that day... I was tell then I'd have to wait the standard processing time before putting in a Service Request etc.

Keep the faith!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

On June 21, 2016, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, YAAAY that was fast

Good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I had another update to my wife's case status...

my_logo.png
Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBC*000000000. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 21, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

my_logo.png

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBC*000000000. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 21, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

That was quick! Congrats!

Timeline

my_logo.png

Wow! That was fast, not even 2 weeks out!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Guys,

long time without checking the forum! so glad to see all the updates...Just wanna give an update on mycase...Im officially done!!!

I received my US passport yesterday!!! I already enrroll to vote and on monday I received my new SSN card (I updated my immigratory status)

Can't believe Im finally done done!!!

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.