Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Can someone confirm how many days or weeks after the interview that a person usually receives the letter for the oath ceremony?

It varies widely.

An Orlando filer from January was put in line after 7 days and received the letter mailed notice about a month later. My wife interviewed in the same office exactly one week ago today and has not received the 'in line' text/email as of yet.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Timeline

It varies widely.

An Orlando filer from January was put in line after 7 days and received the letter mailed notice about a month later. My wife interviewed in the same office exactly one week ago today and has not received the 'in line' text/email as of yet.

thanks but is it normal not to get an updated status online two weeks after the interview and also not receive the letter?

Timeline

thanks but is it normal not to get an updated status online two weeks after the interview and also not receive the letter?

I don't think it's anything to worry about after only 2 weeks. Some cities/USCIS offices don't have ceremonies as frequently as others and it may take longer to schedule the Oath.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

I don't think it's anything to worry about after only 2 weeks. Some cities/USCIS offices don't have ceremonies as frequently as others and it may take longer to schedule the Oath.

thank you. i have been sitting here and worrying myself sick and thinking " what if they change their mind..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thank you. i have been sitting here and worrying myself sick and thinking " what if they change their mind..."

Some people wait months. Depends on how often they have ceremonies in your city.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow, months? i guess i have no business worrying then. thanks

Well it depends on where you live. That's why we keep updating these tables. Look at the last table for each month and see if there's someone from the same field office. See how long they waited between interview and oath. Most big cities don't keep you waiting too long for an oath.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

wow, months? i guess i have no business worrying then. thanks

I noticed my city is typically 2 months out. But when I searched here, I found a number of years ago people could wait a year here. Because the local manager wanted at least 4000 people and then they had a hard time finding a venue to hold them. Now they have many smaller ceremonies.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

My wife passed her test this morning! :) My wife appeared to have one of the more serious looking interviewers but he didn't give her any trouble. He only asked her 5 questions...

What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?

Who is the governor of your State now?

What movement tried to end racial discrimination?

Where is the Statue of Liberty?

Name two national U.S. holidays?

She had to speak the following sentence:

Who lives in the White House?

Then she responded "The President and his family lives in the White House"...

Then he asked to write:

The President lives in the White House.

Overall it was a fairly painless operation. We arrive 35 minutes before her scheduled time, but they made us wait 5 minutes before we were allowed to check her in. After checking in, we maybe waited about 20 minutes before the interviewer called our number. My wife was in the back interview area for about 25-30 minutes.

She was very happy when she came out to me waiting. :) We can't believe it's almost over!

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for her to take the Oath. Have you heard anything yet Rogperdiaz or Ryna?

congrats

I filed my N-400 on Feb 25, 2016 and did the biometrics on March. After that, the status is always "Case was received" and there is no update. No interview is scheduled. Why is my case so slow? Did I miss anything?

Like me, you are probably stuck in a the "name check" process. There are few others still waiting for the biometrics to clear and be scheduled for the interview (see table). There is not much you can do, except wait.

Btw, can you add your name to the timeline table.

thanks

Thanks trotomundo. I understand but I see more cases which are approved than cases which are not from the timeline . Is that because of the difference of "3-YEAR" and "5-YEAR"? Moreover, I see the processing time for N-400 on USCIS website is only Oct/Nov 2015. How come those 2016 cases get approved?

Like me, you are probably stuck in a the "name check" process. There are few others still waiting for the biometrics to clear and be scheduled for the interview (see table). There is not much you can do, except wait.

Btw, can you add your name to the timeline table.

thanks

Well interview scheduled today :)

02.24.2016 - Packet Sent thru USPS Priority Mail

02.26.2016 - Packet received. (PRIORITY DATE)

03.02.2016 - G-1450 Processed.Notified by Email.

03.08.2016 - NOA1 Hard Copy.

03.19.2016 - Biometrics Letter dated 03.12.2016

03.30.2016 - Biometrics Appointment.

04.04.2016 - In Line for Interview.

06.10.2016 - Interview Scheduled.

06.29.2016 - Interview (PASSED)

07.11.2016 - In Line for Oath Ceremony.

08.25.2016 - Oath Ceremony

I finally got my oath ceremony letter--the ceremony is scheduled for Monday, June 27. Would someone please update the tracker for me, thanks!

:)

Where is ypur oath going to be at?

02.24.2016 - Packet Sent thru USPS Priority Mail

02.26.2016 - Packet received. (PRIORITY DATE)

03.02.2016 - G-1450 Processed.Notified by Email.

03.08.2016 - NOA1 Hard Copy.

03.19.2016 - Biometrics Letter dated 03.12.2016

03.30.2016 - Biometrics Appointment.

04.04.2016 - In Line for Interview.

06.10.2016 - Interview Scheduled.

06.29.2016 - Interview (PASSED)

07.11.2016 - In Line for Oath Ceremony.

08.25.2016 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Well interview scheduled today :)

Congrats! Almost there!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.