Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Passport arrived today we're feeling official

April 13 2008: Wedding in Istanbul

April 2 2012: Sent I-130 application to Chicago Lockbox from Turkey (no DCF available)

USCIS STAGE:

April 10 2012: NOA1 email notification

April 19 2012: NoA1 hard copy recieved

May 29 2012: I-130 Approved after 1 RFE

NVC STAGE:

June 25 2012: NVC number and IIN assigned

June 26 2012: DS 3032 emailed

July 03 2012: Recieved email and AOS fees invoiced and paid

September 25 2012: NVC case completed

November 6 2012: Interview scheduled

December 13 2012: Interview and Approval

December 17, 2012 POE JFK

December 28, 2012 SSN arrives

N-400 STAGE:

February 23, 2016 N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

February 26, 2016 NOA Email

February 26, 2016 Check Cashed

March 3, 2016 NOA hard copy

March 22, 2016 Biometrics

March 24, 2016 In line for an interview

May 6, 2016 Oath Ceremony

Passport arrived today we're feeling official

ooh I hope mine comes fast!

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

MonkeyGirl,

There is handful of us stuck post-biometrics for the past 60-90 days (I'm 83 since biometrics with no updates and 100+ Days since last update, I.e. Case received). I too would just like to know if this is some background check rabbit hole or just a failure to update in the system that the case moved to "in-line". In the latter case, yeah, they would still be within "normal" timeframe for most CA offices.

Speaking of which, most of us in this situation DO seem to be Californians, but I have to wonder what THAT has to do with the background check, as I understand the case only moves to the local office AFTER being updated as "in-line".

AB

Last comment I said I had been waiting for any updates for almost 2 months since my biometric appointment. And today it's been 62 days since my biometrics. So I just gave USCIS a call.

I told him my case status "HAS NEVER BEEN UPDATED" since they first got my application. It's been stuck at "Case was received.".

And he didn't give me any answers on why my case has never been updated. He kept saying it's because there was nothing to update!!!

I even explained the exact same thing happened to me last year when I filed my i-751, no updates at all since "Case was Received" and I called that time and the person who was helping me got me a tier 2 officer without me asking at all.

He still kept saying it's normal for me to not hear anything back and I should wait longer.

So after hearing that I knew he was not going to help me and I asked him for a tier 2 officer. He told me he couldn't and also told me to try and call back later.

So frustrated right now.

I would like to ask you guys if your case has been updated online, after "Case was received" what the status should be next? Is there any update for your fingerprint appointment and after that?

Is it normal for the case status to be stuck at Case was received on the date they received my case for 3 months?

I filed my application on Feb 29 and my online status has been stuck at "Case was received" on Mar 4. I turned on email and sms notification but never got anything but they cashed my check out!

My field office is San Bernardino!

I live in CA (local office is San Jose).

I guess you guys stuck at background check.

My last FBI run background check was in 2014 (when I applied for CA State License) may be that's why my N400 background check went smoothly (just 3 days).

ry8wm8.png........oSDDm8.png ke7wm7.png

My wife's journey:

============================================= USCIS ==============================================

12/15/2017 (Friday) I-130 & I-130A were sent to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox by FedEx (overnight)

12/16/2017 (Saturday) I-130 & I-130A were delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox (signed by J. Lopez)

12/18/2017 (Monday) PRIORITY DATE

12/20/2017 (Wednesday) Received text and email that my case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Texas Service Center for processing

12/21/2017 (Thursday) Check was cashed. NOA-1 (I-797C) was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

12/26/2017 (Tuesday) NOA-1 (I-797C) was received.

06/07/2018 (Thursday) NOA-2 was APPROVED. 172 days.

06/11/2018 (Monday) NOA-2 was delivered by USPS to my home address.

06/22/2018 (Friday) Our case was sent to the U.S. Department of State (DOS) for visa processing (NVC)

============================================= NVC ==============================================

07/27/2018 (Friday) NVC welcome letter with Case number and Invoice ID number was received by email. (51 days from NOA 2 and 225 days total)

07/27/2018-07/31/2018 NVC website was down

07/31/2018 Fees paid.

08/08/2018 ALL forms and documents were submitted (uploaded) to NVC website.

08/14/2018 CASE COMPLETED (DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED)

09/19/2018 Got email with VISA INTERVIEW DATE

My journey:

02/01/2016 N-400 Filing Date (Sent package via UPS).

02/04/2016 N-400 package was delivered (signed by Adriana) to Phoenix, AZ (USCIS Lockbox). PRIORITY DATE

02/18/2016 Fee waiver was approved. NOTICE DATE

02/19/2016 Received text and email from USCIS (NOA).

02/22/2016 I-797C (NOA) letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

02/25/2016 I-797C (NOA) received by regular mail (USPS).

02/27/2016 NOTICE DATE for Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment.

03/02/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS.

03/05/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) appointment letter was delivered to me.

03/07/2016 Fingerprints (Biometrics) (early walk-in).

03/10/2016 In Line (email from USCIS/DHS).

05/04/2016 "Interview was scheduled" email (email from USCIS/DHS).

05/05/2016 Interview letter was sent to me by USCIS via USPS. NOTICE DATE.

05/10/2016 Interview letter was delivered to me.

06/08/2016 Interview.

06/08/2016 N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (hand given right after the Interview).

06/16/2016 Oath Ceremony.

I'M A US CITIZEN!!!!!!  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Interview day!!

I'll have her report back later.

Edited by ryna

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Interview day!!

I'll have her report back later.

Good luck

And thanks everyone for all the congratulations

April 13 2008: Wedding in Istanbul

April 2 2012: Sent I-130 application to Chicago Lockbox from Turkey (no DCF available)

USCIS STAGE:

April 10 2012: NOA1 email notification

April 19 2012: NoA1 hard copy recieved

May 29 2012: I-130 Approved after 1 RFE

NVC STAGE:

June 25 2012: NVC number and IIN assigned

June 26 2012: DS 3032 emailed

July 03 2012: Recieved email and AOS fees invoiced and paid

September 25 2012: NVC case completed

November 6 2012: Interview scheduled

December 13 2012: Interview and Approval

December 17, 2012 POE JFK

December 28, 2012 SSN arrives

N-400 STAGE:

February 23, 2016 N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

February 26, 2016 NOA Email

February 26, 2016 Check Cashed

March 3, 2016 NOA hard copy

March 22, 2016 Biometrics

March 24, 2016 In line for an interview

May 6, 2016 Oath Ceremony

Parents are immediate. So no wait other than the normal CR1.

I corrected him :)

Went for interview today.

t i passed the test and gave me a letter saying

"congratulation we recommended your Naturalization application to be approved. you will get a letter in few weeks for where to go for oath ceremony"

Good luck to all of you still waiting for interview!!

Congrats!!!!

It is almost a 25 year wait for a Filipino sibling. Current date for an F4 (sibling visa) from the Philippines is 01DEC92. That's over 24 years!

My wife was the only Filipino there. He was speaking to a group of people from all over. I think he was trying to discourage the whole group from filing.

Timeline

My wife passed but I think she got hosed on the Oath Ceremony.

They told her she needs to have a judicial ceremony because she wants to use the same name as she has on her Green Card, SS Card and her driver's license? They told her that her legal name is still the name shown on her Colombian Birth Certificate. I thought the name change was official at the time of AOS solely based on our marriage without having to have it changed by the Court? All of her legal documents - GC, SS Card, DL are in her married name!!!

Can she say forget about the name change now and she'll do it later, after the Oath? I don't understand why the Court is necessary if the name change is based on marriage. I've asked everyone I know who took their husband's last name after marriage if they had to go to the Court but none have had to, they only had to update their IDs, SS Card, etc. -- but all of my friends are US Citizens.

I have a bad feeling this is going to take a while.

Anyhow, more detailed update later

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

They told her she needs to have a judicial ceremony because she wants to use the same name as she has on her Green Card, SS Card and her driver's license? They told her that her legal name is still the name shown on her Colombian Birth Certificate. I thought the name change was official at the time of AOS solely based on our marriage without having to have it changed by the Court? All of her legal documents - GC, SS Card, DL are in her married name!!!

Can she say forget about the name change now and she'll do it later, after the Oath? I don't understand why the Court is necessary if the name change is based on marriage. I've asked everyone I know who took their husband's last name after marriage if they had to go to the Court but none have had to, they only had to update their IDs, SS Card, etc. -- but all of my friends are US Citizens.

We were told it would be 2-3 weeks after the interview (administrative ceremony) but I just read that Orlando only does judicial ceremonies every 2 months! Do you think she can change her mind and go ahead and have the Naturalization Certificate issued in her maiden name and then use it with our marriage certificate for other purposes (as anyone else would use a birth certificate)? All of her IDs are already in her married name so there'd really be nothing to do. USCIS should make clear that when they say name change that they are NOT talking about changing the name from the GC!!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

I'm really not sure why they say she needs a name change. At my interview, the IO asked if I wanted to change my name and I said no, I will maintain my married name as it is on all my legal and other documents that I submitted. The only thing he did was correct my middle name because he noticed how I wrote it when I signed my N400 and that is the name printed on my naturalization certificate. I think your wife needs to make a call.

An issue you may run into is when she applies for her passport. I'm sure you are aware that the original naturalization certificate must be sent with the application. If she wants her married name on the passport, I'm not sure they would allow it if the certificate has her maiden name on it.

Edited by akihon

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Her name change after marriage should be controlled by what ever the laws are in Florida, where I'm assuming you got married. I think someone doesn't know what they're doing down there.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

It may be worse! Since she changed her name at AOS, everything has been First Name - Maiden Last Name (as Middle Name) - Married Last Name. She just told me that he had her sign a request to change her name to First Name - Birth Certificate Middle Name - Married Last Name which is NOT what she wants! She wants to keep it as it is on her GC, DL and SS Card. I think she was confused by the whole 'name change' issue since she thought it was already a done deal. Based on her telling me that, a judge is going to issue a Naturalization Certificate in a name she doesn't want to use and all of her current IDs will no longer be correct!

Who should she call to put a top to this? Will the USCIS Field Office do anything at this point?

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

It may be worse! Since she changed her name at AOS, everything has been First Name - Maiden Last Name (as Middle Name) - Married Last Name. She just told me that he had her sign a request to change her name to First Name - Birth Certificate Middle Name - Married Last Name which is NOT what she wants! She wants to keep it as it is on her GC, DL and SS Card. I think she was confused by the whole 'name change' issue since she thought it was already a done deal. Based on her telling me that, a judge is going to issue a Naturalization Certificate in a name she doesn't want to use and all of her current IDs will no longer be correct!

Who should she call to put a top to this? Will the USCIS Field Office do anything at this point?

I don't know if it's the same at all Field Offices, but before my oath ceremony even began, the Supervisor IO made a few announcements to everyone taking the oath that day. One of them was "Please make sure that all information on your naturalization certificate is correct, because if we have made a mistake, you can ask for us to correct the mistake at no charge for today only. If you come back tomorrow, the change will cost $600".

Do you think FL would be able to do something like that for your wife?

Either way, I highly recommend you call the Field Office asap. It's a good place to start anyway.

EDIT: MAKE A COPY OF THAT PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD NOW.

Edited by akihon

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.