Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

23 years for Filipinos.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2016/visa-bulletin-for-june-2016.html

They are processing December 1992 applications now.

23 years for Filipinos

19 years for Mexicans

15 years for Indians

13 years for Chinese

12 years for everyone else

And that's just until a visa number becomes available... then begins the fun at the consulate, but that usually takes 6 months to a little over a year, from what I understand.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

At my Wife's Oath Ceremony they were saying it is a 25 year wait. lol Talk about exaggerating :rofl:

It is almost a 25 year wait for a Filipino sibling. Current date for an F4 (sibling visa) from the Philippines is 01DEC92. That's over 24 years!

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Well they were lumping parents I-130's with siblings.

Parents are immediate. So no wait other than the normal CR1.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Went for interview today.

went earlier 45 minutes, and interviewer called me for interview half an hour past the scheduled time. long wait.

Read:- What color is american Flag?

Write: it is red,white and blue

civic questions:

1) how many total senators

2) what age should men register for selective service

3)what state border mexico

4)when constitution was written

5)what ocean on the east coast

6)what is the freedom of religion

then we discussed about my name change, i actually selected to change my name which is slightly is in different order than it actually should be, it has been since i applied for K-1 visa i kept it same way for the USCIS pupose. she said we can not call it a name change since it is same name with different order, but she said i will get my naturalization certificate with correct order and hence the passport will be in that correct order. then i can try with those 2 proof to go and change SSN and DMV. so finger crossed. she crossed the name change section on my application.

After that went over the application, address resides, marital unity proofs. only thing extra i took with me 2015 tax transcript and bank statements since february to may.

she had all my applications in her file she had notes whatever questions she could ask from all the application. she was happy as my file was so organized. she thanked me for being prepared. congratulated me that i passed the test and gave me a letter saying

"congratulation we recommended your Naturalization application to be approved. you will get a letter in few weeks for where to go for oath ceremony"

Good luck to all of you still waiting for interview!!

she had all my applications in her file she had notes whatever questions she could ask from all the application. she was happy as my file was so organized. she thanked me for being prepared. congratulated me that i passed the test and gave me a letter saying

"congratulation we recommended your Naturalization application to be approved. you will get a letter in few weeks for where to go for oath ceremony"

Good luck to all of you still waiting for interview!!

Congrats!

Naturalization Journey

Feb 08 16: N-400 sent

Feb 09 16: N-400 delivered

Feb 23 16: NOA received

Mar 15 16: Fingerprints

Apr 05 16: In line for interview

Apr 11 16: Interview scheduled

Apr 15 16: Interview letter received

Jun 09 16: Interview

Jul 22 16: Oath Ceremony

I am a US citizen

Filed: Timeline

Last comment I said I had been waiting for any updates for almost 2 months since my biometric appointment. And today it's been 62 days since my biometrics. So I just gave USCIS a call.

I told him my case status "HAS NEVER BEEN UPDATED" since they first got my application. It's been stuck at "Case was received.".

And he didn't give me any answers on why my case has never been updated. He kept saying it's because there was nothing to update!!!

I even explained the exact same thing happened to me last year when I filed my i-751, no updates at all since "Case was Received" and I called that time and the person who was helping me got me a tier 2 officer without me asking at all.

He still kept saying it's normal for me to not hear anything back and I should wait longer.

So after hearing that I knew he was not going to help me and I asked him for a tier 2 officer. He told me he couldn't and also told me to try and call back later.

So frustrated right now.

I would like to ask you guys if your case has been updated online, after "Case was received" what the status should be next? Is there any update for your fingerprint appointment and after that?

Is it normal for the case status to be stuck at Case was received on the date they received my case for 3 months?

I filed my application on Feb 29 and my online status has been stuck at "Case was received" on Mar 4. I turned on email and sms notification but never got anything but they cashed my check out!

My field office is San Bernardino!

There is no update for biometrics. The next update after fingerprinting should be "in Line for Interview"

The CA offices are backlogged, I believe.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Timeline

There is no update for biometrics. The next update after fingerprinting should be "in Line for Interview"

Thank you for your answer!

So frustrated that my case is taking so long.

Last year I waited for my 10 years green card for 11.5 months.

When I filed my N-400 in Feb I looked at other people's timelines. It normally took 3-4 months.

A friend in Texas spent only 2.5 months from filing date to the oath ceremony. She filed it this Jan.

I was hoping it would be that quick too but now I'm so disappointed... :(:(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I think they started to show fingerprinting notices online as well with the May filers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you for your answer!

So frustrated that my case is taking so long.

Last year I waited for my 10 years green card for 11.5 months.

When I filed my N-400 in Feb I looked at other people's timelines. It normally took 3-4 months.

A friend in Texas spent only 2.5 months from filing date to the oath ceremony. She filed it this Jan.

I was hoping it would be that quick too but now I'm so disappointed... :(:(

When you say your removing conditions took 11.5 months last year, do you think it took that long due to background checks? California Service Center is very very fast for I751, people usually get done with it in a few months unless it was RFE/interview or background check related.

Edited by charmander

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Last comment I said I had been waiting for any updates for almost 2 months since my biometric appointment. And today it's been 62 days since my biometrics. So I just gave USCIS a call.

I told him my case status "HAS NEVER BEEN UPDATED" since they first got my application. It's been stuck at "Case was received.".

And he didn't give me any answers on why my case has never been updated. He kept saying it's because there was nothing to update!!!

I even explained the exact same thing happened to me last year when I filed my i-751, no updates at all since "Case was Received" and I called that time and the person who was helping me got me a tier 2 officer without me asking at all.

He still kept saying it's normal for me to not hear anything back and I should wait longer.

So after hearing that I knew he was not going to help me and I asked him for a tier 2 officer. He told me he couldn't and also told me to try and call back later.

So frustrated right now.

I would like to ask you guys if your case has been updated online, after "Case was received" what the status should be next? Is there any update for your fingerprint appointment and after that?

Is it normal for the case status to be stuck at Case was received on the date they received my case for 3 months?

I filed my application on Feb 29 and my online status has been stuck at "Case was received" on Mar 4. I turned on email and sms notification but never got anything but they cashed my check out!

My field office is San Bernardino!

My status remained "Case Received" until 134 days after applying or 105 days after biometrics. My interview is next week.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Hey Guys! After almost two months I finally got my status updated.

Sorry I have not written anything in a while, but it was kind of discouraging seeing people having their cases move on, and I had still gotten nothing. I did read what everybody wrote.

On May 31, 2016, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*xxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Can anybody update me?

Thanks so much.

Dano, progress table will be updated when you receive your letter :)

Edited by akihon

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

MonkeyGirl,

There is handful of us stuck post-biometrics for the past 60-90 days (I'm 83 since biometrics with no updates and 100+ Days since last update, I.e. Case received). I too would just like to know if this is some background check rabbit hole or just a failure to update in the system that the case moved to "in-line". In the latter case, yeah, they would still be within "normal" timeframe for most CA offices.

Speaking of which, most of us in this situation DO seem to be Californians, but I have to wonder what THAT has to do with the background check, as I understand the case only moves to the local office AFTER being updated as "in-line".

AB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.