Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

My invitation says clearly the jeans are not allow and honestly I dont know why they do have to specify it, it should be obvious taking into consideration the nature of the ceremony. Unless you are just a guest, going in jeans, flip flops, shorts is kind of disrespectful, just saying....you can wear jeans eveyday but taking an oath ceremony should be something very special and your attire should reflect that moment... is my humble opinion

I concur. Most of the images I found on google shows a dress up occasion. I don't know where he found such a casual picture.

https://www.google.com/search?q=citizen+oath+ceremony&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiDgYPB4vfMAhVGUVIKHbAvAJcQ_AUIDSgA&biw=1329&bih=780#imgrc=_

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

does anyone know timeline in houston?

did you apply in houston

Nope, i Filed in Dallas/Lewisville

08.20.2016 - ROC Complete

N-400 - NATURALIZATION

02.24.2016 - Packet Sent thru USPS Priority Mail

02.26.2016 - Packet received, signed by K.Coltrin

03.01.2016 - Check cashed

03.01.2016 - NOA1 received by text and email

03.24.2016 - Bio metrics

04.21.2016 - In Line for Interview

05.25.2016 - Case Updated: Interview Scheduled

06.30.2016 - Interview Result: "A Decision cannot be made yet"

07.07.2016 - Received Text, "Oath Ceremony has been scheduled"

07.21.2016 - Oath Taking

07.21.2016 - ITS OFFICIAL .. IM A US CITIZEN :dancing: :idea: :goofy:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

My invitation says clearly the jeans are not allow and honestly I dont know why they do have to specify it, it should be obvious taking into consideration the nature of the ceremony. Unless you are just a guest, going in jeans, flip flops, shorts is kind of disrespectful, just saying....you can wear jeans eveyday but taking an oath ceremony should be something very special and your attire should reflect that moment... is my humble opinion

I concur. Most of the images I found on google shows a dress up occasion. I don't know where he found such a casual picture.

https://www.google.com/search?q=citizen+oath+ceremony&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiDgYPB4vfMAhVGUVIKHbAvAJcQ_AUIDSgA&biw=1329&bih=780#imgrc=_

There were times even going to a movie theater was a black tie event. Nowadays men don't want to wear a tie even to weddings anymore. Just did a simple google image search, most ceremonies look fine but this one also came up: http://blog.syracuse.com/metrovoices/2009/06/large_060409Naturalization2db.JPG . The poor lady behind the gentlemen seems to be the only overdressed one for the occasion :) . Given that most spring-filers will take oath during summer months, I won't be shocked to see Hawaiian shirts, shorts, and flip flops. But I imagine the only upcoming ceremony they may really mandate a dress code is the Memorial Day or July 4th oath ceremonies. They typically organize these at special locations, outdoors, with very small attendance, and under heavy media coverage. So they may get picky.

Edited by charmander

There were times even going to a movie theater was a black tie event. Nowadays men don't want to wear a tie even to weddings anymore. Just did a simple google image search, most ceremonies look fine but this one also came up: http://blog.syracuse.com/metrovoices/2009/06/large_060409Naturalization2db.JPG . The poor lady behind the gentlemen seems to be the only overdressed one for the occasion :) . Given that most spring-filers will take oath during summer months, I won't be shocked to see Hawaiian shirts, shorts, and flip flops. But I imagine the only upcoming ceremony they may really mandate a dress code is the Memorial Day or July 4th oath ceremonies. They typically organize these at special locations, outdoors, with very small attendance, and under heavy media coverage. So they may get picky.

I had hoped they might have a 4th of July swear in here. Its also my wife's birthday, so it would have been extra special. But May is ending and she still hasn't gotten an interview scheduled. Over two months in line now. This has not been the experience of others we know that have gone through the process in the past couple years. One of which was just sworn in during an April event.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I don't understand why people can't follow simple rules.

NO JEANS, says that on the notice!

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

I had hoped they might have a 4th of July swear in here. Its also my wife's birthday, so it would have been extra special. But May is ending and she still hasn't gotten an interview scheduled. Over two months in line now. This has not been the experience of others we know that have gone through the process in the past couple years. One of which was just sworn in during an April event.

Not much St Paul data available, you probably also saw but there were two St Paul filers in the September '15 thread and it also took them a while to get to the interview. Both were placed in line immediately after their biometrics, so I am assuming no background check issues for either. It must be one of the backlogged offices.

Not much St Paul data available, you probably also saw but there were two St Paul filers in the September '15 thread and it also took them a while to get to the interview. Both were placed in line immediately after their biometrics, so I am assuming no background check issues for either. It must be one of the backlogged offices.

Yes I saw the ST Paul filers from the September '15 thread. Also a friend filed in September and was sworn in at an April ceremony. A few others in the past couple years completed in 4 or 5 months also. Mainly because it appears the swearing in happens every two months. Interviews have been schedule for those we know within 4 to 6 weeks after bio. But the lack of numbers of people make it hard to know the timing.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Yes I saw the ST Paul filers from the September '15 thread. Also a friend filed in September and was sworn in at an April ceremony. A few others in the past couple years completed in 4 or 5 months also. Mainly because it appears the swearing in happens every two months. Interviews have been schedule for those we know within 4 to 6 weeks after bio. But the lack of numbers of people make it hard to know the timing.

I checked the trackitt tracker for St Paul, found two more: 1) Priority Data 11/2 Interviewed on 3/9 and 2) Priority Date 12/10 interviewed on 5/12. Those are the latest that site has. It must be coming up for you guys soon. Maybe an early July interview?

I checked the trackitt tracker for St Paul, found two more: 1) Priority Data 11/2 Interviewed on 3/9 and 2) Priority Date 12/10 interviewed on 5/12. Those are the latest that site has. It must be coming up for you guys soon. Maybe an early July interview?

Yep waiting is pretty much the only option. We can't even get a good time frame on the USCIS site, as our local claims they're still working on August of 2015 on there. Which I know for a fact is wrong. There's no one to call and get a real time frame either, as it this point its handed off to the local which obviously has no interest in reporting an accurate time frame.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Yep waiting is pretty much the only option. We can't even get a good time frame on the USCIS site, as our local claims they're still working on August of 2015 on there. Which I know for a fact is wrong. There's no one to call and get a real time frame either, as it this point its handed off to the local which obviously has no interest in reporting an accurate time frame.

What did Tier 2 say?

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

The only field office specific statistics I could find is the latest approved/denied/pending numbers from Jan 1- March 31st. Published just yesterday: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/Naturalization%20Data/N400_performancedata_fy2016_qtr2.pdf

St Paul office currently has 8200 people waiting, they adjudicated ~3500 cases in that quarter.

I don't understand why people can't follow simple rules.

NO JEANS, says that on the notice!

Because someone needs to be that guy haha ;)

Not sure yet if my notice says no jeans or not. That's rather un-American to say No jeans. Very unpatriotic.

Is this real life?

large_060409Naturalization2db.JPG

I LOL'd Hard! And All FOUR of them in the front row as well! With suits to the left, right and behind.

And I was thinking dressing down would guarantee not being in the front row and getting my picture taken.

Edited by Helpme123

What did Tier 2 say?

We actually haven't bothered trying to call yet.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

The only field office specific statistics I could find is the latest approved/denied/pending numbers from Jan 1- March 31st. Published just yesterday: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/Naturalization%20Data/N400_performancedata_fy2016_qtr2.pdf

St Paul office currently has 8200 people waiting, they adjudicated ~3500 cases in that quarter.

thanks for that. I wasn't aware of that document. I've just looked at the processing time page, which has to be way off, or based on cases that spent too long in background check.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Because someone needs to be that guy haha ;)

Not sure yet if my notice says no jeans or not. That's rather un-American to say No jeans. Very unpatriotic.

Is this real life?

large_060409Naturalization2db.JPG

I LOL'd Hard! And All FOUR of them in the front row as well! With suits to the left, right and behind.

And I was thinking dressing down would guarantee not being in the front row and getting my picture taken.

But they brought flags! Bounced them right to the front I think. Maybe I should get my wife a red while and blue bikini to do the swearing in ceremony? lol

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.