Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Morning guys! Just came out from intervew! I passed, will post more details tonight! Oath ceremony should be next Thursday 6/2, waiting to get the confirmation now.

congratsssss

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

yesss!!! Im very excited...even though I was one of the last ones submitting my n400 I'll be the 4th usc in our group...good thing hialeah offices holds oath ceremony 3 times per week :)

today im going with my mom to buy my dress for the ceremony

I bought my dress the day after We sent the n-400. hehe :goofy:

Morning guys! Just came out from intervew! I passed, will post more details tonight! Oath ceremony should be next Thursday 6/2, waiting to get the confirmation now.

Thats great. Congrats!!! :dancing::dancing:

I ain't buying no dresses.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am also not buying a dress.

Maybe some red, white and blue socks.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

I ain't buying no dresses.

hahahaha, I have a bunch of dressy office clothes (pants mostly) but definitely want to buy something special for that day...you don't go to an oath ceremony every day :rofl:

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

@Helpme123 how did your interview go? :)

Went in expecting an interview.

...left disappointed.

I am also not buying a dress.

Maybe some red, white and blue socks.

I'm going to try my luck with blue jeans and a polo =D

Edited by Helpme123

Went in expecting an interview.

...left disappointed.

LOL!

hahahaha, I have a bunch of dressy office clothes (pants mostly) but definitely want to buy something special for that day...you don't go to an oath ceremony every day :rofl:

lol I have some dresses I could wear ... but I am not someone who usually wears dresses, and since it's a pretty solemn event, I can't wear bright colors.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Hello Awesome February Filers like me..lol!

my case is updated today ..

On May 25, 2016, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*------------. We will mail you an interview notice. :dancing:

08.20.2016 - ROC Complete

N-400 - NATURALIZATION

02.24.2016 - Packet Sent thru USPS Priority Mail

02.26.2016 - Packet received, signed by K.Coltrin

03.01.2016 - Check cashed

03.01.2016 - NOA1 received by text and email

03.24.2016 - Bio metrics

04.21.2016 - In Line for Interview

05.25.2016 - Case Updated: Interview Scheduled

06.30.2016 - Interview Result: "A Decision cannot be made yet"

07.07.2016 - Received Text, "Oath Ceremony has been scheduled"

07.21.2016 - Oath Taking

07.21.2016 - ITS OFFICIAL .. IM A US CITIZEN :dancing: :idea: :goofy:

Filed: Timeline

Good luck February filers! Adding some useful links below:

Early filing calculator: http://www.uscis.gov...Calculator.html

N-400 guide: http://www.uscis.gov/n-400

Your field office: http://www.uscis.gov...e/field-offices

Name change information: http://www.visajourn...nges/?p=7066213

does anyone know timeline in houston?

Hello Awesome February Filers like me..lol!

my case is updated today ..

On May 25, 2016, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*------------. We will mail you an interview notice. :dancing:

did you apply in houston

Timeline

LOL!

lol I have some dresses I could wear ... but I am not someone who usually wears dresses, and since it's a pretty solemn event, I can't wear bright colors.

I have dresses but they are: beach type of dress or party like night club dresses so are definitely not appropiate...I went to TJ MAXX yesterday and found a fancy Ralph Lauren Navy cocktail dress (super appropriate and elegant/ no long of course) it was a $70 dress and found it in $25.99 couldn't resist and it works great for my office as well... some low nude high heels, my great great grandmother's pearl necklace and Im ready!!

My ceremony is tomorrow at 10 am so I bet I won't be able to sleep tonight hahahahahahaha!!!

in other note, I'm pandora bracelet/charm fan and my husband gave me a charm the represents the US map and flag as gift for my ceremony. It came with a note saying "Im so proud of the woman, the mother, the wife and now the US citizen you have become. I love you" s-l225.jpg(this is not the actual picture but is the same charm)

Nevertheless to say, I cried like baby... :cry::cry:

Im going to be an emotional mess tomorrow, Im sure hahahahahaha :rofl:

Edited by Andrea&Henry

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Wait, I must've missed something - what happened?

No you didn't. I didn't post a detailed description of my glorified "meet and greet" (interview).

I was 10 mins early was interviewed 5 mins after my scheduled time was out after 10 mins. IO was a friendly mom type and only did the minimum asking the easiest questions etc. 99% of the interviews I read on here were more thorough.

No you didn't. I didn't post a detailed description of my glorified "meet and greet" (interview).

I was 10 mins early was interviewed 5 mins after my scheduled time was out after 10 mins. IO was a friendly mom type and only did the minimum asking the easiest questions etc. 99% of the interviews I read on here were more thorough.

So you were approved too easily? You wanted to get grilled and abused?

I hope your disappointment was only over the ease of the process and not a rejection.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

My invitation says clearly the jeans are not allow and honestly I dont know why they do have to specify it, it should be obvious taking into consideration the nature of the ceremony. Unless you are just a guest, going in jeans, flip flops, shorts is kind of disrespectful, just saying....you can wear jeans eveyday but taking an oath ceremony should be something very special and your attire should reflect that moment... is my humble opinion

Looks pretty causal to me...

Spot the guy in jeans and a polo.

41102-full.jpg

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.