Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

what are EAD n AP card?

Also, the letter asked us to bring all cards (Green, EAD+AP) and all other USCIS letters and other correspondence with us to the Oath Ceremony. So much for our bonfire idea!

Naturalization Journey

Feb 08 16: N-400 sent

Feb 09 16: N-400 delivered

Feb 23 16: NOA received

Mar 15 16: Fingerprints

Apr 05 16: In line for interview

Apr 11 16: Interview scheduled

Apr 15 16: Interview letter received

Jun 09 16: Interview

Jul 22 16: Oath Ceremony

I am a US citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline

what are EAD n AP card?

EAD/AP is the employment authorization / advance parole combo card. We got it after arriving in the States and after we had applied for AOS but before we actually got the conditional Green Card - it gave permission to work and travel in the interim while our AOS was pending.

EAD/AP is the employment authorization / advance parole combo card. We got it after arriving in the States and after we had applied for AOS but before we actually got the conditional Green Card - it gave permission to work and travel in the interim while our AOS was pending.

I wasn't knowing that. Thanks for explanation.

Naturalization Journey

Feb 08 16: N-400 sent

Feb 09 16: N-400 delivered

Feb 23 16: NOA received

Mar 15 16: Fingerprints

Apr 05 16: In line for interview

Apr 11 16: Interview scheduled

Apr 15 16: Interview letter received

Jun 09 16: Interview

Jul 22 16: Oath Ceremony

I am a US citizen

my status still says "in line for oath ceremony" ---> is this supposed to change to something like your oath ceremony is scheduled?? I still haven't received any letter but I had my interview done on 5/11/16..just checking if there is any problem?

Timeline

Now that we're having to fly back to New York from Alaska and trying to take the least amount of time off of work, anybody know how long the oath ceremony lasts? Letter says to arrive at 08.30, and there's a plane we want to catch at three-thirty that afternoon - about seven hours later. You don't think the oath ceremony would take more than five hours, do ya?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Now that we're having to fly back to New York from Alaska and trying to take the least amount of time off of work, anybody know how long the oath ceremony lasts? Letter says to arrive at 08.30, and there's a plane we want to catch at three-thirty that afternoon - about seven hours later. You don't think the oath ceremony would take more than five hours, do ya?

I highly doubt it takes more than 3 hours... My bff had hers last year with 300 people aprox and was like 2 1/2 hours....unless it is something like 5000 people I dont think is going to take that long

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

My letter specifies to be ready to spend 4 to 5 hours.expecting 2500 people.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Well in her case she was not cited by an officer. She got the citation in the mail delivered by the US Post Office. On the latest N-400 form it states Cited or detained by any law enforcement officer (including any federal or any official of the US armed forces) for any reason. I wouldn't conciser having a ticket delivered through the mail falls within that description.

I want to clarify my case because I think it brought some confusion to our forum...

I got stop by an officer on 2013 for speeding (I was going 10 miles above the limit)... and I got a ticket...and it was later dismissed. When I was doing my n400 application I thought because it was way under $500 and it was not DIU related, I didn't have to disclosed it. I explained that to my IO and she said it can be confusing even for them.

She told me some IO's say you dont need to disclosed it , some ios will say yo do etc etc...She explain me this kind of honest mistakes happens very often but reality is any traffic infraction must be disclosed! if its under $500 and not DUI related must be disclosed too but you don't need to submit documentation.

In my case, because I didn't disclosed it the 1st time, she had to request the documentation in order to add it to my application.

So If you haven't disclosed it and you want to do it during your interview, you must bring the supporting documentation. If you go to your county's website, there is a link where you can find the ticket and printed it.

She told me not worry because at least I was saying the truth and that's all that matters. And a minor traffic ticket is not a big deal anyways.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline

My letter specifies to be ready to spend 4 to 5 hours.expecting 2500 people.

Wow, that's a long time and a lot of people! Where on the letter does it say how long to expect? I looked on ours and can't seem to find it...

i don't think they meant the letters. just all documents they issued to you. they didn't issue letters, and the letters don't mean anything without the cards.

to clarify, they probably want the NOAs that extend the GC, for example, but I don't think they care about the other letters. The cards and EAD/AP, aka the documents that allow you travel, and to work, are the ones they want most.

@nhutchings Just in case you didn't realize that these were meant for you.

Wow, that's a long time and a lot of people! Where on the letter does it say how long to expect? I looked on ours and can't seem to find it...

In response to your last question, I don't think mine specifies number of people nor length of time, but I'm expecting it to take about 2 hours for me.

Edited by akihon

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

officially been waiting two months for interview :ranting:

We're in the same club :clock:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Wow, 4-5 hrs? 1 guest only, what if you have young children? No thanks. I'm guessing/hoping this is the worst case scenario. I know 4 ppl that are planning on coming to my oath ceremony.

Is the oath ceremony the only way of receiving a naturalization certificate? What happens in the case of the applicant being sick or even hospitalized? Is the only option to reschedule? What happens if you turn up late to the ceremony?

Hopefully Jimmy is able to respond to this.

Edit: jenn did you sign up for a special ceremony? or were you just (un)lucky?

Edited by Helpme123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.