Helpme123

N-400 February 2016 Filers

2,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

E-mail and text that status was updated - checked on line and saw 'Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed.' Hooray!

Congrats!

hey all, got mail today... Interview is scheduled for Monday June 20th at 1:45pm :)

Good luck to you!

Filed: Timeline

I submitted the application at Dallas Lockbox in 02/12/2016. My green card dated 04/26/2013. I had fingerprint on 03/09 and still no new update. The status is still Case was received. Do you know what is the normal time frame from Fingerprint to Interview? When should I contact them to ask about my case?

Thank you

I submitted the application at Dallas Lockbox in 02/12/2016. My green card dated 04/26/2013. I had fingerprint on 03/09 and still no new update. The status is still Case was received. Do you know what is the normal time frame from Fingerprint to Interview? When should I contact them to ask about my case?

Thank you

Which field office? Interviews are scheduled by the field offices. Some are slower than others due to volume.

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

hey guys,

Just want to share my friend interview experience this morning, please share your thoughts.

in this forums we are used to really smooth interviews unfortunately this is not one of them.

she passed the civic test , writing and reading...but then the io started asking question about her marriage. (she apply under the 5 years rule, they are in the process of getting divorce)

the io noticed that she filled taxes as a head of house hold instead of marry since 2013.

the io noticed a child born outside marriage.

the io noticed in 2013 when they were removing 2 years condition they were not living together (she works in other town)

all this put in doubt her marriage and green card, io say she would contact the officer who approved her gc.

also io said she couldn't apply for citizenship because she has domestic violence charge six years ago, even though it was dismissed.

at the end io says to wait for a response in the mail.

my friend said that she was firm with all her answers and not nervous. of course now she s anxious for the response.

hey guys,

Just want to share my friend interview experience this morning, please share your thoughts.

in this forums we are used to really smooth interviews unfortunately this is not one of them.

she passed the civic test , writing and reading...but then the io started asking question about her marriage. (she apply under the 5 years rule, they are in the process of getting divorce)

the io noticed that she filled taxes as a head of house hold instead of marry since 2013.

the io noticed a child born outside marriage.

the io noticed in 2013 when they were removing 2 years condition they were not living together (she works in other town)

all this put in doubt her marriage and green card, io say she would contact the officer who approved her gc.

also io said she couldn't apply for citizenship because she has domestic violence charge six years ago, even though it was dismissed.

at the end io says to wait for a response in the mail.

my friend said that she was firm with all her answers and not nervous. of course now she s anxious for the response.

I don't know why she filed as Head of Household. That is a tax designation for singles/unmarrieds.

You qualify to file or efile as Head of Household if you meet all 3 of these Head of Household filing status requirements:

1. You were not married (you were single, divorced, or legally separated), or were "considered unmarried" on the last day of the tax year.

2. You paid more than half the cost of "keeping up a home" for the year.

3. A "Qualifying Person" lived with you in that home for more than half the year, except for temporary absences (a dependent parent is not required to live with you).

Child born out of wedlock? Whose child is this? Is it her husband's?

Living and working in another town is suspect, but since she's not applying based on marriage, I'm not sure why it matters.

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Im guessing it was more convenient money wise for her...io found a lot of irregularities.

Her husband is not the fathers child, i guess they try to work it out but didnt work.

The workking in another town situation it was back in 2013

Wondering how long would it take to get a response?

Can the io request a gc investigation?

Edited by Jenn28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't know why she filed as Head of Household. That is a tax designation for singles/unmarrieds.

You qualify to file or efile as Head of Household if you meet all 3 of these Head of Household filing status requirements:

1. You were not married (you were single, divorced, or legally separated), or were "considered unmarried" on the last day of the tax year.

2. You paid more than half the cost of "keeping up a home" for the year.

3. A "Qualifying Person" lived with you in that home for more than half the year, except for temporary absences (a dependent parent is not required to live with you).

Child born out of wedlock? Whose child is this? Is it her husband's?

Living and working in another town is suspect, but since she's not applying based on marriage, I'm not sure why it matters.

Where she lived after she got get 10 year gc doesn't matter at all. Where she lived before then does matter for naturalization, even under the 5 year rule.

Every part of an applicant's immigration history is subject to review at the point of naturalization.

One of the conditions of naturalization (under any rule) is that the applicant must be a legal permanent resident.

If the applicant obtained the green card fraudulently, then the applicant is not eligible for naturalization and may eventually lose their green card.

We could argue that this should have been settled as part of the green card process or removal of conditions, but whatever we may think is the logical way to do it, USCIS can and does review how an applicant got a green card at naturalization.

So basically, if the applicant wasn't living with her husband and didn't file as married, then this raises questions about whether or not she should be a permanent resident at this point. That's why some (not most) 5 year applicants get questioned about their marriages.

Im guessing it was more convenient money wise for her...io found a lot of irregularities.

Her husband is not the fathers child, i guess they try to work it out but didnt work.

The workking in another town situation it was back in 2013

Wondering how long would it take to get a response?

Yes, but this is rare and would depend on the situation...

If they decide she committed marriage fraud, then she could lose her gc.

If she withheld information about those domestic violence charges during her gc application, then she could lose her gc.

So she would only lose her gc if she should not have been granted a gc in the first place.

In all other situations she would either be approved, or she would be denied naturalization, but she would keep her gc.

Again, a gc investigation is quite rare.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi guys!! I just came back from my interview and I passed with flying colors!!!

I got there around 12.00 with my husband. My appointment was for 12.30 pm but the IO didn't show up until almost 1.15 pm.

She was incredible nice with me and she made me feel super comfortable. She requested my passport, my SSN, my driver's license and green card. And then proceeded with the civic test.

Then we went through my application, it took probably 45 mins to go through the entire thing: she asked me about my jobs, my husband's previous marriage, our son, my family. We talked about my speeding ticket ( thank God I took the court resolution and dismissed). She told me a ticket is not big deal.

She joke here and there and honestly It didn't feel like an interview at all despite the lenght (around 50 mins). She approved me on the spot and made me signed my application. She then told me to wait for my oath ceremony letter and handed me an approval letter.

She scort me to the main door where my hubby was waiting for me, when he saw my big smile he ran to hugged me and kissed me...my IO was behind me and she started laughing and she then approached to say hi to my hubby. She was extremely kind and nice.

She told me my oath ceremony is within days so I needed to make sure not to travel far away.... And that was it!

Im so so so excited and I can't believe I'm just a step away from being an US citizen???

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Congratulations!!.

Did they allow your husband to come in with you?

nope they dont allow anyone else but we both knew that. He just came to give me moral support. I was very very nervous

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

WITHIN DAYS?! ####### CHICAGO

Removal of Conditions
Naturalization

Hi guys!! I just came back from my interview and I passed with flying colors!!!

I got there around 12.00 with my husband. My appointment was for 12.30 pm but the IO didn't show up until almost 1.15 pm.

She was incredible nice with me and she made me feel super comfortable. She requested my passport, my SSN, my driver's license and green card. And then proceeded with the civic test.

Then we went through my application, it took probably 45 mins to go through the entire thing: she asked me about my jobs, my husband's previous marriage, our son, my family. We talked about my speeding ticket ( thank God I took the court resolution and dismissed). She told me a ticket is not big deal.

She joke here and there and honestly It didn't feel like an interview at all despite the lenght (around 50 mins). She approved me on the spot and made me signed my application. She then told me to wait for my oath ceremony letter and handed me an approval letter.

She scort me to the main door where my hubby was waiting for me, when he saw my big smile he ran to hugged me and kissed me...my IO was behind me and she started laughing and she then approached to say hi to my hubby. She was extremely kind and nice.

She told me my oath ceremony is within days so I needed to make sure not to travel far away.... And that was it!

Im so so so excited and I can't believe I'm just a step away from being an US citizen???

Congrats Andrea :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.