walran

Get Human paid $9 for them to call about case number NVC..

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

SO I am curious as to whether anyone else has tried this? I went there based on a posting for the NVC here on VJ and when I posted a question a popup came up that said they would call and handle my question and get the answer I needed for $9 ( very reasonable I thought) and that they would not charge me if they didn't resolve my question.

Since I had my NOA2 1/8/2016 I thought it better to let them do the waiting on the phone etc. ( especially after calling and having the phone auto hang up severa times after listening to their message from the NVC.

Have any of you tried this and what was your result?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

So basically for $9.00 you just gave away your petitioner's case number and vital information all on a random web pop-up? Do you also believe those web pop-ups that say "your PC is infected, click here to clean now?"

Or the "Congratulations you won $10 000 000!" or "Congratulations you won a Green Card"?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this was a pop up emanating from visiting VJ ?

OK - were you on a pc or a handphone ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Actually there is a site that will handle these types of calls and waiting for you. Doing some research others here have said that it works very well.. And what could anyone do with an I797 or my name and DOB anyways? As for just a few minutes.. from what I have read people have spent days trying to get through to them.. $50 would be worth it to me rather than hours on hold or as it has been for me today not being able to even get through..

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-skip-through-corporate-phone-trees-with-gethuman/

One person on here said it was a lifesaver on a 2012 post..

I noticed here as well in this older posting... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/454900-nvc-contact-number/

Edited by walran

Timeline

this was a pop up emanating from visiting VJ ?

OK - were you on a pc or a handphone ?

Actually I searched for "contact the NVC" here on Vj and then when I called the number I just kept getting disconnected after hearing their message about the high number of calls they receive.. Then I saw this pop-up stating that they would handle this for me for $9 and if they did't resolve it they would refund my $9. I paid them and then received a receipt via email and contact with "Ed" who is going to wait online for me and get the case number from the NVC..

You an also get them to call and wait and then call you back I think when you are connected.

Pretty cool system it appears..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/454900-nvc-contact-number/

Edited by walran

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - it was a popup.

were you on a pc or a handphone ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ever heard of Identity fraud? They can do A LOT with your full name and date of birth. If they are also getting money from it, they will ask for your credit info and you can say bye bye money and your identity and you will never get it back.

They can also do a lot of damage with your case too.

This is not one of those things you let someone else do. Just call NVC yourself.

I have heard of that..;) but I don't really worry about it too much.. for a CC the max liability is $50 for a fraudulent charge and when I travel I have had several cases of people in foreign countries getting my CC# and using it and then the bank just refunds my $$..

Its a straight up business and CNET as well as others have posted on it GetHuman.com

ok - it was a popup.

were you on a pc or a handphone ?

Popup on pc but I was calling on my phone..

Timeline

I guess I could have had my secretary get them on the phone but her time is more expensive too.. Did you look at any of the other posts from people using it on VJ?

I will report on how well it worked or if it didn't tomorrow hopefully :) If it did work great then I suspect a few more people will want to try it too.

Timeline

This is you and your fiancé's future, personal information, and life ahead of you. If you can't spend some time to handle something as important and simple as calling the NVC yourself, then you're going to find a lot of other problems ahead. Frankly, it's irresponsible.

I am curious as to how it is irresponsible?? What could they do with NOA2 information that could possibly harm me other than identity theft and trying to charge things in my name..?

1- it is a legitimate company based on a google search

2- others have used it here at VJ

I can either spend my time putting deals together in my business or hours or days on the phone for the case number..

I trust just about anyone more than I trust my government to get the job done in a timely manner and to do it with a modicum of professionalism ( having worked for the government previously)..:)

People outsource this stuff to immigration companies and if they have established the veracity of the company, I don't see it as a big deal.

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.