Turboguy

Administrative Review - Who else, how long

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well I guess we can add ourselves to the list. Suddenly I started feeling very depressed. Just because of the prospects. Although the woman I called on Friday didn't mention anything about 9/11, but said this was normal (being sent to DC)...Then later on Friday I got a reply to a letter I sent on Tuesday:

Dear Sir/Madam: Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The non-immigrant visa petition you mentioned in your letter has already been entered into our computer system and assigned the case number listed below. Once the approved 129F petition filed for a fiancé of a US citizen is received at the National Visa Center it is processed in approximately 2-4 weeks and forwarded to the appropriate US Embassy/Consulate General. The Embassy/Consulate General may or may not request additional information before interviewing the applicant for a K1 nonimmigrant visa. Case Number: MOS**********Beneficiary's Name: Preference Category: K1Your Priority Date: 28Feb2007Foreign State Chargeability: RUSSIAU.S. Embassy/Consulate: AMERIKANSKOYE POSOL'STVO KONSYL'SKIY OTDEL, NOVINSKIY BUL'VAR 19/23 121099 G. MOSKVA RUSSIA Regards, National Visa Center LVF

So now I am still confused...since it says 2-4 weeks...I wish it weren't Saturday, so I could call and ask for claification.

Edited by Milenka

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Just thought I'd keep the thread alive. I will be calling NVC once it gets to be 7:30 am Eastern Time...

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Milenka!!!!!!! I totally understand you!!

As far as I understand NVC received your case just recently. Don't freak out yet! !!!

I was told scary things by NVC operators, that our file was placed under an administrative review, due to 9/11, blah-blah, they can't predict how long it might take etc. I was so depressed. But!!! I asked if ALL or SOME files are placed under AR, and they said yes, ALL files. Then I called again and another operator didn't mention any 9/11 and had a different wording of the same thing.

They just have standard answers for everybody who calls or emails, because operators there don't really know what is happening to your file. They can just look in their computer system and give standard answers.

Out file cleared NVC in 7 days!!! Despite all things told to me about being placed under AR etc.

5 Feb 2007 NOA1

1 May 2007 NOA2

12 July 2007 Interview in Vancouver, RFE

17 July 2007 Visa in hand

18 July 2007 Arrived in the US

07 Aug 07 Married

29 Aug 07 Applied for AOS

20 Oct 07 Biometrics scheduled

Timeline
I was told scary things by NVC operators, that our file was placed under an administrative review, due to 9/11, blah-blah, they can't predict how long it might take etc. I was so depressed. But!!! I asked if ALL or SOME files are placed under AR, and they said yes, ALL files. Then I called again and another operator didn't mention any 9/11 and had a different wording of the same thing.

They just have standard answers for everybody who calls or emails, because operators there don't really know what is happening to your file. They can just look in their computer system and give standard answers.

Out file cleared NVC in 7 days!!! Despite all things told to me about being placed under AR etc.

I called this morning. I kind of interrogated the lady a little and she seemed knowledgeable and ameanable to my questions.

Me: I was told on Friday my case was in Administrative Review.

NVC operator: Your case is in Administrative Processing.

Me: You are using the term Administrative Processing but I was told on Friday I am in Administrative Review. What is the difference?

NVC Operator: There is NO difference. It depends on which operator tells you this. They are the same thing, security checks.

Me: Wait a second. On Friday I was told my file was flagged and was sent to Washington DC for Administrative Review.

NVC Operator: I don't see the word flag in that conversation.

Me: I am using the term flag. I assumed from that conversation that somehow my case was special and had been sent to Washington DC. This is what he told me on Friday.

NVC Operator: No. Your case is HERE. We sent a cable to Washington DC for security checks. This is standard for ALL cases due to post 9/11 procedures.

Me: So when cleared by Washington they send a cable back and everything will be OK?

NVC Operator: Yes. Your case is being processed normally. Nothing special.

Me: Thank you so much for the information.

SO... There you go. I waited and panicked all weekend for no reason. BUT... there are still some people stuck in A/R at NVC level. So there is still a remote chance for a file to get stuck at this point.

From my research this weekend and the phone call this morning, I would say A/R is not only common - but that 100% of all petitions go through this.

03/09/2007 - I-129F sent

03/13/2007 - NOA1

03/24/2007 - Touched

04/07/2007 - Touched

04/19/2007 - Called VSC again - was told my petition was on someone's desk waiting for an RFE clerical entry

04/20/2007 - RFE via website stating they mailed via snail mail- no clue what they need or want

04/23/2007 - Touched ??? the monday after RFE? Why?

05/02/2007 - RFE received (10 days to receive RFE in mail! UGH!!!!)

05/14/2007 - Evidence delivered fedex signed for by A.Scott

05/15/2007 - Touched - Evidence received.

05/16/2007 - Touched

05/17/2007 - Touched

05/18/2007 - Touched

06/04/2007 - NOA2 via website. :)

06/05/2007 - Touched

06/06/2007 - NVC Received from USCIS

06/12/2007 - NVC Left! 6 days at nvc - inluding a weekend!

08/21/2007 - Interview Date - Discovered on 06/25/2007 by looking with MOS number on Embassy website

08/22/2007 - Actual Interview date - PASSED (Interview delayed one day due to delay in medical exam results.)

08/30/2007 - Entered USA @ JFK

11/10/2007 - MARRIED!

12/28/2007 - Filed AOS, EAD, and AP

01/07/2008 - NOA1 AOS, AP, EAD

01/25/2008 - Biometrics appointment

02/25/2008 - AOS, EAD approved/received

03/18/2008 - AOS interview - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.