SoerenHelmer

NVC Filers - january 2016

1,548 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to hear that, I got a checklist as well at 41 days! It is so heart breaking. But according to my lawyer it should be quick for them to get your CC after this point. Just stay strong for your loved ones!

I definitely don't think that it's going to go any faster, I got a checklist as well, second scan date was 1st December, still no CC. Get ready to wait for another 30+ days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I definitely don't think that it's going to go any faster, I got a checklist as well, second scan date was 1st December, still no CC. Get ready to wait for another 30+ days.

I am sorry to hear that, I will keep you in my thoughts. But the man I spoke to from the NVC told me, if it is something minuscule that you shouldn't even be given a second scan date and it shouldn't be long. May I ask what you were 'missing'.?

I am sorry to hear that, I will keep you in my thoughts. But the man I spoke to from the NVC told me, if it is something minuscule that you shouldn't even be given a second scan date and it shouldn't be long. May I ask what you were 'missing'.?

It's okay.

I asked for we could just bring it in when we have the interview, and they refused, it was the marriage certificate, which was in the original pack.. now we just wait.

My scan date was 25th of november . I am really excited is this for sure CC?

Just wanted to say a huge congrats to you both! But just for clarification, is your scan date 11/25 and also the date you sent them. Did you email your documents? Is that why the scan date and the date sent is the same?

Timeline

It's okay.

I asked for we could just bring it in when we have the interview, and they refused, it was the marriage certificate, which was in the original pack.. now we just wait.

Thats why I put missing in quotes, because I know a lot of people get checklists for things they KNOW they sent in, which is just a sad situation. I didn't even bother to ask if I could bring my information to the Interview... maybe I should have? We are only missing a I-864a (which isn't even necessary).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Awaiting case number

So are we and I hope it 's soon!

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Thats why I put missing in quotes, because I know a lot of people get checklists for things they KNOW they sent in, which is just a sad situation. I didn't even bother to ask if I could bring my information to the Interview... maybe I should have? We are only missing a I-864a (which isn't even necessary).

How did they lose that form? That doesn't even make sense though.

It's just crazy how they lose our documents and it becomes our problem.

I suppose you could have tried, never know what the outcome would have been.

But let's just wait it out.

What's your new scan date?

It's okay.

Sorry tio hear about the checklist. Just wondering if you sent another copy of your marriage certificate with your NVC documents or just when you filed your I-130? Trying to figure out what you meant by "original package"

Sorry tio hear about the checklist. Just wondering if you sent another copy of your marriage certificate with your NVC documents or just when you filed your I-130? Trying to figure out what you meant by "original package"

It was sent to USCIS and also to NVC .

Timeline

How did they lose that form? That doesn't even make sense though.

It's just crazy how they lose our documents and it becomes our problem.

I suppose you could have tried, never know what the outcome would have been.

But let's just wait it out.

What's your new scan date?

I sent my packet out thursday and it was supposed to arrive there Saturday, So I am going to assume Monday (the 4th) was my new scan date. I have a problem though, my packet did not contain a cover sheet, the man from NVC said I didn't need it, but the Checklist email said I did need it. ): I was going to give it a week and then call.

I sent my packet out thursday and it was supposed to arrive there Saturday, So I am going to assume Monday (the 4th) was my new scan date. I have a problem though, my packet did not contain a cover sheet, the man from NVC said I didn't need it, but the Checklist email said I did need it. ): I was going to give it a week and then call.

Oh dear, I really hope that it doesn't delay you. But when I called they insisted on the cover sheet. Call tomorrow and see if it's been received.

Timeline

Oh dear, I really hope that it doesn't delay you. But when I called they insisted on the cover sheet. Call tomorrow and see if it's been received.

So many people tell you so many different things from NVC. I will call eventually and see what they recommend. Thanks!

So many people tell you so many different things from NVC. I will call eventually and see what they recommend. Thanks!

Not to worry, I'm sure they received it. I think the inconsistency is with the reps.

Timeline

Not to worry, I'm sure they received it. I think the inconsistency is with the reps.

I am actually calling now! I am so worried there inconsistency will delay our case which is not what I want! but just so everyone knows there is almost no wait whhen you call right now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.