dwheels76

February 2016 Interviews

847 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

A case compete doesn't automatically give you an interview. They could have been complete with scheduling and filled up. All you can do is wait until next go round for March. Which should start end of January 1st week in February.

Yeah.Thanks

Mumbai is one of those consulate who is very busy and they have a lot of interviews scheduled a month ahead....I believe you will get a interview for March and it will be scheduled in last week of Jan or 1st week of Feb.... Also are you a US citizen or green card holder....I am asking because US citizens are given priority over green card holders when scheduling interviews....

Ok. Thanks. Btw my wife is US citizen.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow... I made it! Visa granted! Actually interview was on 14th January, so sorry guys details is coming late (preggers things).

Hubby came in on 13th to join me. we woke up exactly 4:30am on Thursday morning having set an alarm. Drove off at 5:45am and got to the embassy 6:45am.

I quickly came down from the car while hubby was still looking for a place to park. There we the rolls, I knew one would be for immigrants and the other non-immigrant. I asked which was for immigrants and swapped.

We were asked to bring out our Int'l passport, interview letter and then medical report envelop should be open.

After this, I was allowed to go into a hall were documents were checked and then transferred to another section in same hall where the interview letter will be submitted. After submitting my interview letter, my name was cross checked on the list they had with them and then ticked. An entry pass was given to me. This pass allows for entry into the embassy where one will be screened again and then interviewed.

We were called in 5s, went into a screening room were I had to remove my wrist watch, drop my bag into a tray, some pulled their shoes, belts etc. All these went thru a screening machine.

After this, I walked down into another building were I was asked to press a B-button by the door, it ended up giving me a piece of paper that had a number on it and my number was B450.

Hmmm... I got into the interview hall, saw some people sitting while some were standing. I joined the queue, the guy in charge quickly called me up to come sit cos of my condition (pregnant). I got into the hall around 8:32am and at 10:45 my name was called at Window 12, where a black mama had to do document screening. She asked for my Int'l passport, the little paper given to fill out my name and address. I immediately brought out all civil docs as I learnt here on VJ and handed it over. She was like hmm...GOOD! She returned all the pictures and passport we sent to USCIS and NVC. So, I asked her if I could leave cos I was tired already and she said do you want to leave I said no, I tot you are through with me. She laughed and said don't worry I'm going to expedite your file so you can go.

Less than 10 mins, my number B450 popped up at Window 1 where a white guy was standing.

I got there, smiled and greeted him.

Me: Good Morning sir!

CO: Good Morning

CO: He raised his right hand saying... Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

Me: I swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

CO: Take your finger print.

Me: I did.

CO: Who is ....?

Me: Smiling... Mr.. is my husband.

CO: Where did you meet?

Me: We met at ... (while he kept typing on the computer, I brought out all my documents as arranged in each folder).

CO: How long have you known each other?

Me: 20??

CO: When was the last time you saw him

Me: He's around now, he came in yesterday.

CO: Can I have your wedding pictures.

Me: I opened the first page - This is our traditional wedding pix while this is our white wedding. I opened the second page and he said that was okay by him.

CO: Is that a gift

Me: No,it's a traditional cake.

CO: I gonna issue you visa.

Me: Smiling.. thank you!

CO: You pick it up in 10 days @ this address.

CO: When are you expecting your baby?

Me: This month - EDD is next week.

CO: So you are in your 39th week.

Me: Yeah!

CO: You said your husband is around before now when was the last time you saw him

Me: October

CO: before October when was the last time you saw each other

Me: April our first wedding anniversary - that was when I took in. I knew he was asking all these cos of my pregnancy.

My interview was less than 2 mins. I give all thanks to GOD ALMIGHTY for making it a success. I won't forget to thank dwheels for her encouragement - you've been a sister and over supportive. Also, to DonT, Manent, Laddu, Rian and other VJ members for their support. I love you all!

God bless y'all!

Edited by Nkkystel

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:joy: Congrats dear! So happy it went good. You might probably get your Passport 5 business day even though VO will tell you 10 business days.

Really, thanks DonT, as at yesterday Visa Status showed "ISSUED".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi guys I have an upcomong interview , but my case status still shows at NVC is this normal ?

Normally the status will say "Ready" but maybe call up embassy and ask if the case is there.

OH LOOK PICTURES - https://500px.com/sorenhelmer

K3 Visa Journey (That turned out to end up being IR1)

Marriage: 2008-03-25

USCIS:
I-130 Sent: 2015-09-10
I-130 Received: 2015-10-15
NOA1 : 2015-10-18
NOA2 : 2015-10-29

NVC:
NVC Received Case (I-130): 2015-11-12
NVC Case Number Received: 2015-12-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 2015-12-03
Submit DS-261: 2015-12-03
Pay AOS Bill: 2015-12-04
Receive IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Pay IV Bill: 2015-12-08
Send AOS Package: 2015-12-11
Send IV Package: 2015-12-11
Scan date: someplace around Dec 21st, nvc was not really shearing.

CC: 2016-01-29
Medical Examination: 2016-01-18
Embassy Interview: 2016-03-21 - NEW DATE 2016-03-02

AP: 2016-03-02

Issued: 2016-03-08

- They asked for more papers

Issued Again: 2016-03-10

- No new must be good news :rolleyes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm wondering the same since my interview is on 02/26 and my status says the same...at NVC.

Hi guys I have an upcomong interview , but my case status still shows at NVC is this normal ?

11/17/2013: Our first date
07/18/2014: We moved in together s2
08/23/2014: Got married
Nov./2014: Sent AOS packages (I was living in the US)
Dec. 2014: Biometrics (didn´t go through)
Jan. 2015: Biometrics for the second time (didn´t go through again)
Feb. 2015: Biometric for the third time!!!!! (it went through this time)
03/06/2015: Interview scheduled ----> didn´t happen due to inclement weather
05/13/2015: I returned to Brazil :´(
06/19/2015: Our former AOS + I-130 were denied
08/14/2015: We filed our new I-130 for CR-1 visa
08/18/2015: Received receipt by mail - Routed to CSC
10/07/2015: NOA2
10/28/2015: NVC Received
11/18/2015: Case number + IIN over the phone
11/19/2015: Received AOS Bill
11/19/2015: Submitted DS-261
11/20/2015: Paid AOS Fee
11/24/2015: Reviewed DS-261 over the phone + unlocked IV fee bill
11/25/2015: Paid IV fee bill
11/30/2015: Mailed AOS and IV packages
12/03/2015: IV fee showed paid
12/03/2015: Filled out and submitted DS-260
12/02/2015: Scan date
12/07/2015: Received email about scan date
12/31/2015: New email, same scan date
01/11/2016: Case Complete at NVC
01/13/2016: Interview appointment letter by email
01/27/2016: Medical exam in Rio
02/26/2016: Interview in Rio de Janeiro
03/05/2016: Arrived to the US
04/25/2016: Green Card came in the mail...Thank God, we are done for now.

event.png
event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

No need to worry about what the status says on ceac..I have an intervie on February 3d and it only changed to in transit yesterday.If you need to reassure yourselves call NVC

I-130 Sent : 2015-04-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2015-04-09
I-130 RFE : 2015-08-22
I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-09-19
I-130 Approved : 2015-09-28
NVC Received : 2015-10-09
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-10-27
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-11-04
Send AOS Package : 2015-11-24
Submit DS-261 : 2015-10-27
Receive IV Bill : 2015-11-10
Pay IV Bill : 2015-11-10
Send IV Package : 2015-11-24
Scan Date 2015-11-27
Case Completed at NVC : 2016-01-06
Interview Date : 2016-02-03

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

No need to worry about what the status says on ceac..I have an intervie on February 3d and it only changed to in transit yesterday.If you need to reassure yourselves call NVC

Thank you , I guess I can wait a little bit longer ;)

Wow... I made it! Visa granted! Actually interview was on 14th January, so sorry guys details is coming late (preggers things).

Hubby came in on 13th to join me. we woke up exactly 4:30am on Thursday morning having set an alarm. Drove off at 5:45am and got to the embassy 6:45am.

I quickly came down from the car while hubby was still looking for a place to park. There we the rolls, I knew one would be for immigrants and the other non-immigrant. I asked which was for immigrants and swapped.

We were asked to bring out our Int'l passport, interview letter and then medical report envelop should be open.

After this, I was allowed to go into a hall were documents were checked and then transferred to another section in same hall where the interview letter will be submitted. After submitting my interview letter, my name was cross checked on the list they had with them and then ticked. An entry pass was given to me. This pass allows for entry into the embassy where one will be screened again and then interviewed.

We were called in 5s, went into a screening room were I had to remove my wrist watch, drop my bag into a tray, some pulled their shoes, belts etc. All these went thru a screening machine.

After this, I walked down into another building were I was asked to press a B-button by the door, it ended up giving me a piece of paper that had a number on it and my number was B450.

Hmmm... I got into the interview hall, saw some people sitting while some were standing. I joined the queue, the guy in charge quickly called me up to come sit cos of my condition (pregnant). I got into the hall around 8:32am and at 10:45 my name was called at Window 12, where a black mama had to do document screening. She asked for my Int'l passport, the little paper given to fill out my name and address. I immediately brought out all civil docs as I learnt here on VJ and handed it over. She was like hmm...GOOD! She returned all the pictures and passport we sent to USCIS and NVC. So, I asked her if I could leave cos I was tired already and she said do you want to leave I said no, I tot you are through with me. She laughed and said don't worry I'm going to expedite your file so you can go.

Less than 10 mins, my number B450 popped up at Window 1 where a white guy was standing.

CO: He raised his right hand saying... Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.

Me: We met at ... (while he kept typing on the computer, I brought out all my documents as arranged in each folder).

Me: I opened the first page - This is our traditional wedding pix while this is our white wedding. I opened the second page and he said that was okay by him.

CO: You said your husband is around before now when was the last time you saw him

Me: April our first wedding anniversary - that was when I took in. I knew he was asking all these cos of my pregnancy.

My interview was less than 2 mins. I give all thanks to GOD ALMIGHTY for making it a success. I won't forget to thank dwheels for her encouragement - you've been a sister and over supportive. Also, to DonT, Manent, Laddu, Rian and other VJ members for their support. I love you all!

God bless y'all!

Congratulations ????

Can u put me in the form i cant do it from my tablet grrrr case complete at nvc is 1-16-2016

thx

Congratulations. I updated you. Was this an expedite?

April 17 2015 send I-130

April 22 2015 recieved I-130 vermont

april 28 2015 noa 1 in the mail

September 21 2015 transffered from vermont to california

October 05 2015 I-130 approved at california

october 09 2015 noa 2 in the mail

October 21 2015 case recieved at nvc

December 9 2015 all mail at nvc

January 16 2016 case completed at nvc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello February Interview members!!!!

Has any one used any method to track the packages from NVC to your respective embassy?

I found this but do not know if works. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/

CR-1 VISA

STAGE 1: USCIS

CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER US EMBASSY BOGOTA

09-08-2015 Express mailed my I-130 package to Chicago Lock-box.

09-11-2015 Received NOA1 via email with a PD of 09-09-2015

09-19-2015 Received I-797C via snail mail. (NOA1)

10-21-2015 My wife came to visit me on a B1/B2. No problems at POE Miami :P

11-04-2015 Received NOA2 via email. (56 days after NOA1)

11-08-2015 My wife ends visit and returns to Colombia to wait for interview :(

11-09-2015 Received I-797 via snail mail. (NOA2)

STAGE 2: NVC

11-16-2015 NVC received our case,(12 days after NOA2).

12-07-2015 Emailed inquiry to NVC to inform them my email. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/contact.html

12-08-2015 NVC assigned case and invoice ID number,(34 days after NOA2) Case was assigned after 13:00 PM. I called at 12:30 then at 19:00 PM

12-08-2015 Completed Choice of Agent DS-261

12-09-2015 Received 2 emails with Welcome Letters for my wife and I, they were sent by ASKnvc@state.gov

12-09-2015 AOS bill became available and I paid it. (IN PROCESS)

12-12-2015 Mailed AOS and IV packages.

12-14-2015 Received via email IV bill from ASKnvc@state.gov and paid the IV fee.

12-14-2015 AOS fee updated to PAID

12-15-2015 USPS tracking shows AOS/IV packages were delivered to NVC. Waiting for a SCAN date.

12-16-2015 IV fee updated to PAID and completed DS-260

12-19-2015 Scan Date (45 days after NOA2). I called on 01-13-16 and I was told my scan date is 12-15-15????

01-26-2016 Case complete. (83 days after NOA2)

01-29-2016 Called NVC, I was informed my CO Interview will be on 03-01-2016 at 08:00.

02-02-2016 Received Interview Letter (P4) via email.

02-09-2016 Package picked-up by DHL at 15:29 Waybill 5992952011. CEAC status "IN TRANSIT"

STAGE 3: US Embassy Bogota

02-11-2016 US Embassy Bogota received my package at 10:39.

02-12-2016 CEAC Visa Status changed from "IN TRANSIT" to "READY"

02-24-2016 Lab exams at the clinic and Bio-metrics at the CAS center.

02-25-2016 Medical Exams.

03-01-2016 Interview Date (175 days after I mailed I-130) VISA APPROVED. CEAC status changed to AP

03-02-2016 Paid Immigrant Visa Fee via ELIS account. CEAC status changed to ISSUED

03-03-2016 US Embassy Bogota sends Passport and Visa package via DHL Waybill 2900131780 to Cali.

03-04-2016 My wife picked up at DHL sealed approved IV package and her passport with a stamped I-551 IV Category CR1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

God bless y'all!

Congratulations. I remember you had a time with NVC but thankfully it worked out well. That is very good.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Got email this morning from NVC that expedite request was accepted and case will be forwarded immediately to Embassy, I'm so happy :)!

Congratulations. That is a big step.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.