qtime

OH WHAT A MERRY CHRISTMAS

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am shocked....some people need to grow up. Maybe you allowed yourself to be a victim.

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

7/27/15 Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lock box

7/29/15 NOA1, TSC

10/7/15 Entered USA for three weeks to close escrow and pack house

12/5/15 Entered USA for 90 days to visit

12/7/15 I-130 approved,NOA2

NVC

12/23/15 NVC received package

1/5/2016 Called NVC

1/7/2016 Called NVC, assigned case # and IIN #

1/7/2016 Assigned choice of agent

1/7/2016 Paid AOS fees

1/21/2016 Paid packet IV fees

2/20/2016 Filed DS-260

3/30/2016 Sent NVC package

4/5/2016 NVC received package

5/5/2016 Email from NVC...case complete with interview date 6/17

6/10/2016 Medical

6/17/2016 Interview - Approved :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits- not an AOS process topic ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Without a justified reason he cannot force her out of his home, He previously tried to file a restraining order on her, but I don't believe that the reasons were enough, and maybe it was denied. Because his home is her home, she can come and go as she wishes. They never had an abusive relationship, just a relationship built under the false pretenses of the wife.

Im talking abut filing for divorce.

Can I Throw my Spouse out of the House?
Yes and no. If your spouse agrees to move out, then the problem will solve itself. If that is not the case, then you may need to resort to other measures.
Unless there has been violence or a serious threat of violence in the relationship, the judge cannot exclude either spouse from the home without a hearing. After a temporary hearing, the judge will usually order that one party is to have the exclusive use of the residence and order the other party to move out.
Now of course there is no way to know which party will be granted the exclusive use of the residence during the divorce. He may be the one that has to leave. If it ends up that way then--(shrug). Everything will be settled at the end.
Who gets the house in will be determined by whether the house is characterized as community property or separate property. Separate property is property that a spouse obtained before marriage. (Im assuming since its been posted 'his house' that he obtained it prior to marriage...) So, if he had title to the house before the marriage, it will be his separate property. If the mortgage was paid using income earned during the marriage (community property), then she may be entitled to reimbursement for some or all of the money expended for the house.
Any way it plays out the end result will be the same. I just dont see the point in playing possum.
If she has any common sense she will consult with an immigration attny about her denial. They will advise her to refile with a divorce waiver. So a divorce may be looming... But what if she doesnt? What if she just chooses to stay out of status? She gets a NTA- ignores it- is found deportable... ICE isnt going to come get her, even if he calls them and asks them to. Hes just going to keep living with her? Ignoring the fact she scammed him? I dont know- just seems a little silly to me. But to each his own.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Im talking abut filing for divorce.

Can I Throw my Spouse out of the House?
Yes and no. If your spouse agrees to move out, then the problem will solve itself. If that is not the case, then you may need to resort to other measures.
Unless there has been violence or a serious threat of violence in the relationship, the judge cannot exclude either spouse from the home without a hearing. After a temporary hearing, the judge will usually order that one party is to have the exclusive use of the residence and order the other party to move out.
Now of course there is no way to know which party will be granted the exclusive use of the residence during the divorce. He may be the one that has to leave. If it ends up that way then--(shrug). Everything will be settled at the end.
Who gets the house in will be determined by whether the house is characterized as community property or separate property. Separate property is property that a spouse obtained before marriage. (Im assuming since its been posted 'his house' that he obtained it prior to marriage...) So, if he had title to the house before the marriage, it will be his separate property. If the mortgage was paid using income earned during the marriage (community property), then she may be entitled to reimbursement for some or all of the money expended for the house.
Any way it plays out the end result will be the same. I just dont see the point in playing possum.
If she has any common sense she will consult with an immigration attny about her denial. They will advise her to refile with a divorce waiver. So a divorce may be looming... But what if she doesnt? What if she just chooses to stay out of status? She gets a NTA- ignores it- is found deportable... ICE isnt going to come get her, even if he calls them and asks them to. Hes just going to keep living with her? Ignoring the fact she scammed him? I dont know- just seems a little silly to me. But to each his own.

In his thread from last year he had already filed for divorce

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

Ah... I didnt see he had another thread- missed that part.

It still leads to some questions. He filed Sept '14. Is the divorce still pending? Why didnt he ask for a hearing to have her move out? I dont know maybe its just me but I cant imagine living with someone you know intentionally deceived you for immigration benefits for that long. Day to day living conditions cant be healthy.

On a separate note- the overall timeframe hes posted stinks. Her interview was Sept 16 2014. It took them until Dec 23 2015 to deny her!? (not a question-just a very sad observation on USCIS)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I may be confused here, with Christmas dinner and all, but it sounds as though the kids are living with him and as soon as she got her Conditional GC she basically left, and only stops by 3 days a week for 15min max? Because she had no idea it was 'conditional'. She didnt realize she had to stay married for the 2 years to get her permanent?

again, i could be wrong but i believe he stated something about that in the previous post he did a while back.

Therefore, she isnt living with him but her kids are?

Weird...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

FROM pervious post:

Well, today will be interesting. Again first thing she did was text me that we have an appointment and I replied back have a nice interview. It will be hard for her to create stories considering the last 1 1/2 years she only has been to the house in the morning for 14 to 15 per day and maybe 2 to three times a week. She was under the impression as long as we had a place together that meant we had a true bona fide marriage. The kids would only see her for 45 minutes to an hour a week. All well documented.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Oh this story is sad... I'm reading the other post. Now I understand why he feels this way. Sorry to the OP for having to go through this with her. Kharma won ......

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

You have a good heart to look after them girls. Your deeds won't go unnoticed. I know a man who raised an ex's 2 kids cause she bailed. He remarried and his new wife and him raised the 2 and had 2 of their own. Mom never heard from again.

You're doing the right thing.... kids shouldn't pay for their parents short commings. Your little one will learn on her own, don't be the bad guy. I know first hand on this....

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

caliliving,

Why is it weird, did you not see that we have a daughter and she has three daughters so why would it be weird. She earns 9 dollars and hour and could not afford a place let alone qualify for any benefits.

She lives in her own reality and that she believes what other people tell her. She knows I will provide for not only our daughter but hers. What she did not understand and probably will never understand is that she had responsibilities and decided she wanted her freedom more than thinking about her own daughters.

I love my daughter 110 percent and I love her daughters and would never let anything happen to them regardless how I feel about her.

Since we are not divorced or legally separated and I have guardianship of the two since one is 20, wouldn't it be better that I continue to make sure they receive proper medical and dental care when needed. That they are able to attend school functions, I can not help that she choice to do what she did but I can certainly make sure they are well taken cared of.

Weird, no because she still considers this her house even though my name is on the rental contract and being married still I feel obligated to the girls.

Hmm well thank you for expanding on things. I dont have much time to post right now but I wanted to address something:

This part here:

See if I did actually go through with the divorce then she could file on her own, because the divorce did not go through due to unsigned paperwork on her part I decided hey sooner or later the decision will come and then reality of the fact will hit her.

So by playing by the rules she can not challenge the decision or file with out my signature.The ruling is final now and she has no recourse because she failed to realize that she needed to be divorced and now that option is gone with this final ruling.

Where on earth did you get that from? Its partly true (to my knowledge) So Im wondering if you can expand on that (sources/links) The part that is true is that to file 751 you either need to be doing it jointly or be eligible for a waiver. Since we are talking about the divorce waiver here- she would need the final decree to be approved.

But this part here- that option is now gone with this final ruling... Um no (atleast I dont think so) You may file the I-751 with request for waiver at any time before you are removed from the U.S. Is that the case here? Did she go to a judge? Was she deported/issue ordered? Is that why this has been going on since last year- because that does make sense.

caliliving,

Why is it weird, did you not see that we have a daughter and she has three daughters so why would it be weird. She earns 9 dollars and hour and could not afford a place let alone qualify for any benefits.

Absolutely no good can come from posting more private details of your life on this forum. It's no longer informational on USCIS matters what you're posting here. I'm not sure what your motive is or what you're seeking. Sympathy? A chance to gloat?

Move on dude and find better use for your time.

Feel. The. Bern.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.