6/10/2016 Received visa package in mail

Didn't work out....relationship is over

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

Applied for our Police Clearance Certificate today. No mention of expedited service, and we did not ask. I even saw one sign on the wall admonishing people not to pay bribes, so maybe they're cracking down on that. It seems it takes 30 days, but those are business days, weekends and holidays don't count, so six weeks really. They said April 29, but so many people on this Board have reported getting it sooner that we're having it mailed to us in case ours is early too.

Looks like we'll have everything ready to file next week except for the Police Clearance. I think we'll go ahead and file and then take the report to the interview.

Timeline

Another issue that everyone should be aware of. The Police Clearance Certificate instructions sent to us with the Packet 3 lists a photocopy of my, the American petitioner's, passport as a requirement, but the instructions on the website omit this. I was with my wife today at the headquarters, and they did not want to see my passport, just wanted a copy of the information page. Be sure to include that, especially if your wife or fiancee is going there alone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Anybody have the link to the Thai site?

We filed for our police report on 2/18 and still haven't seen it.....just fyi

Please, let us know when you get it. I'm hoping soon as you are already 4 weeks.

Timeline

I have it confirmed from the IV unit that it's okay to omit the Police Clearance Certificate from the Packet 3 info and just take it to the interview instead. I sent them an e-mail, and here's their response received today: "The applicant may submit all relevant documents in the packet 3 and bring in the police certificate on the date of interview." So there you have it.

They also said no need for any police clearance from inside the US.

I'm glad to hear official confirmation from the us embassy about the police form being ok to submit at the interview.

and really glad to hear the police have been smacked down about their extortion. my wife has been there twice, once for herself, one for her son, and both times they have her a hard time, really pressured her to pay the bribe. luckily she is a tough girl and didn't give in. another reason I love her!

Timeline

I have heard the hospitals won't give the medical until you have the appointment letter. Can anyone confirm that?

I don't know about that, but I do know the Medical Clearance is time-sensitive, so it's best to wait until you get the Packet 4 info. My understanding is that like the Immigrant Visa, the Medical Clearance has a six-month window. Once the visa is issued, the applicant has six months to move to the US, but if you've had the medical five months before, then you have only one month to move to the US or else do the Medical Clearance all over again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have heard the hospitals won't give the medical until you have the appointment letter. Can anyone confirm that?

Yes!, that is confirmed. We tried to do it with the NOA1 and we ere told by the Dr. that we need the appointment letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, very important. Signed.

We went for the police clearance form on Feb.18th and we still haven't gotten it.

Our form says it will arrive by April 1st but I'm getting concerned.

I think I will call them this evening and find out w t f.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We went for the police clearance form on Feb.18th and we still haven't gotten it.

Our form says it will arrive by April 1st but I'm getting concerned.

I think I will call them this evening and find out w t f.

That is 5 weeks already! I wonder whats going on there. Maybe the s--t hit the fan with the "expedited" cases. True to Thai form, they are now checking everybody down to their navel lint, and filing everything in triplicate until things blow over. Did you hear anything from them today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.