3R1CK

CO put me on AP and ask me for forms I-9 pls help!'!!!

33 posts in this topic

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

so what 'religious work' are you supposedly going to do and for what religious 'organization?'

I never said I do "religious work"

so what 'religious work' are you supposedly going to do and for what religious 'organization?'

I never said I do "religious work"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm applying for a "IR1" visa

You need to correct your profile then, because right now it says you are applying for R-1.

How does your employer feel that he doesn't have to have you fill out the form? Are you being paid cash, off the books? I believe every employer needs to have this form filled out.

USCIS - 40 DAYS
2012-10-30: FedEx delivered I-130 to Chicago Lockbox Mail Room
2012-11-01: NOA1 by email - MSC
2012-11-02: $420 (x3) debited from our account
2012-11-05: NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 2012-10-30
2012-12-11: NOA2

NVC - 26 DAYS
2013-01-02: Rec'd case#, IIN, BIN & OPTIN emails for EP sent
2013-01-03: Submitted DS-261 (x3)
2013-01-07: AOS bills invoiced and paid & OPTIN for EP accepted for each of us
2013-01-08: AOS bills appear as paid & AOS packages sent by email
2013-01-08: IV bill invoiced & paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV bill appears as paid (kids' only)
2013-01-09: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (kids only)
2013-01-11: AOS received -notified by email
2013-01-11: IV bill invoiced & paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV bill appears as paid (for me)
2013-01-14: IV Supporting Docs received for kids - notified by email
2013-01-14: IV Package emailed & DS-260 submitted online (me only)
2013-01-18: IV Supporting Docs received for me - notified by email
2013-01-18: Son#1 CASE COMPLETE - Son#2 checklist - saying $ on I-864 don't match tax return (but they do)-resubmitted
2013-01-23: AOS 2nd submission for Son #2 received - notified by email
2013-01-25: My CASE COMPLETE
2013-01-28: ALL 3 OF OUR CASES ARE NOW COMPLETE
2013-02-06: Packet 4 Received by email

MEDICAL ~ CONSULATE ~ POE REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 160 DAYS NATURALIZATION
2013-02-13: Medicals 2014-12-17: Delivered to California Lockbox 2015-12-15: Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox
2013-03-06: Interview 2014-12-19: 1 I-751 + 3 Biometrics Fees debited from our account 2015-12-16: Fees charged to Credit Card
2013-03-08: Visas in-hand 2014-12-22: Received NOA1 by mail. Receipt Date: 2014-12-17 2015-12-17: NOA
2013-03-12: Paid USCIS Immigrant Fee 2014-12-24: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter 2016-01-02: Biometrics Letter 2016-01-11: Biometrics
2013-03-14: POE 2015-01-06: Biometrics 2016-02-15: In Line for Interview 2016-02-19: Letter
2013-03-25: SSNs arrived 2015-05-27: Approved 2016-03-22: Interview
2013-04-01: Green Cards arrived 2015-06-03: New Green Cards arrived 2016-04-15: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

You need to correct your profile then, because right now it says you are applying for R-1.

How does your employer feel that he doesn't have to have you fill out the form? Are you being paid cash, off the books? I believe every employer needs to have this form filled out.

He pays me with check and when I ask him for that form he told me I never fill it out, that he didn't required me to fill that form out. But my question now is. USCIS already approved my waiver didn't they supposed to know all that? I

Mean how do they think people living illegally in the U.S. Work? My family needs to eat I had no other option but to work, never had any problems with the law since I got there in 2006, if the employers did not make me fill out that form is not my fault right? I mean what else can I say to the CO?

He pays me with check and when I ask him for that form he told me I never fill it out, that he didn't required me to fill that form out. But my question now is. USCIS already approved my waiver didn't they supposed to know all that? I

Mean how do they think people living illegally in the U.S. Work? My family needs to eat I had no other option but to work, never had any problems with the law since I got there in 2006, if the employers did not make me fill out that form is not my fault right? I mean what else can I say to the CO?

You weren't supposed to be here in the first place.

Since you were, they want to know if you committed felony fraud while working illegally. Using fake or stolen social security numbers, fake documents etc, especially claiming to be a U.S. Citizen is very serious. Just working under the table is less serious.

All you can do is tell the CO the truth, that you never filled out an I-9. The I-9 is the employer's responsibility, not yours.

Edited by JayJayH

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Can you get a letter stating that you had worked with that shop before? Stating the timeline and position during the tenure? Since you cannot generate I-9 out of thin air. Maybe this will provide some sort of support for you. You still have time, and do you have an attorney? in my opinion, this situation is not a DIY type of thing.

However, you haven't answered the question posed by the members here that is very important, have you ever claimed to be a US citizen since 2006 to date?

Edited by blooms

Timeline

Can you get a letter stating that you had worked with that shop before? Stating the timeline and position during the tenure? Since you cannot generate I-9 out of thin air. Maybe this will provide some sort of support for you. You still have time, and do you have an attorney? in my opinion, this situation is not a DIY type of thing.

However, you haven't answered the question posed by the members here that is very important, have you ever claimed to be a US citizen since 2006 to date?

Hi, i have never claimed that I'm a U.S. Citizen, and I've got some letter from previous employers stating I did work for them from-to and the position I had there, my current employer gave me a letter also stating that I have worked with him since 2010, my wife got me a IRS transcript also (I don't know what that is) and I do have a lawyer he helped me filling out a I-864A that the CO also ask me for! But my lawyer pretty much told me that I am on my own now, he didn't gave me any type of advice on what to say in the interview, I thought the CO would ask me questions about my wife and son about how we met, how long we have been married etc, the CO did ask questions about that, but when he asked me about work stuff I freaked out because I wasn't ready to answer that kind of questions, I got too nervous and I believe I didn't answer correct that's why I'm stuck in this whole situation! ? I didn't know what else to do that's why I came here to have some type of advice! And I appreciate you guys taking your time to answer!! Edited by 3R1CK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Ok bring those papers from your current and previous work. And good to know that you never claimed being a US citizen because they'll find out. Bring those papers that support you and explain to the CO the circumstances.

If you are telling the truth, just be more confident the second time around.

Timeline

Ok bring those papers from your current and previous work. And good to know that you never claimed being a US citizen because they'll find out. Bring those papers that support you and explain to the CO the circumstances.

If you are telling the truth, just be more confident the second time around.

I will, thanks though!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

There are many small companies and self employed sole proprietors who employ people without all the proper paperwork. It's a 1099 kind of world here in America right now. A world of subcontractors.

Sp maybe your process will take longer as these COs demand documents that you cannot produce! They just want you to incriminate yourself. You may be at their mercy at this point, and you might have to just keep at it until they can't think of a reason to deny you. Even if you did what people are saying officials suspect you of doing, if there is no proof, well . . .

Just do better at your second interview, like the previous poster said and best of luck to you.

Timeline

There are many small companies and self employed sole proprietors who employ people without all the proper paperwork. It's a 1099 kind of world here in America right now. A world of subcontractors.

Sp maybe your process will take longer as these COs demand documents that you cannot produce! They just want you to incriminate yourself. You may be at their mercy at this point, and you might have to just keep at it until they can't think of a reason to deny you. Even if you did what people are saying officials suspect you of doing, if there is no proof, well . . .

Just do better at your second interview, like the previous poster said and best of luck to you.

Thank you! I appreciate the words!

• 2 weeks later...

Since OP admits to unlawful presence in the U.S., shouldn't there be I-601 (provisional waiver) involved at the consular interview? What about I-212?

I agree with most everyone else that the CO is trying to determine if document fraud was somehow used to be able to work by someone unlawfully present.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Timeline

Since OP admits to unlawful presence in the U.S., shouldn't there be I-601 (provisional waiver) involved at the consular interview? What about I-212?

I agree with most everyone else that the CO is trying to determine if document fraud was somehow used to be able to work by someone unlawfully present.

I have my waiver approved. I haven't second interview on Monday, so I'll let y'all know how it goes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.