NatureWithUs

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING - WAIT TIMES - OUR RIGHTS

92 posts in this topic

hey guys

how long have you stuck on AP?

I've counted 5 Vj members stuck on ap for a quite sometime now. (that's including me)

and

I saw someone(indian member) mentioned field visit from consulate officers while their cases is processing but unfortunately no one mentioned any important info regarding that. Will they visit unannounced?

Edited by M&R<3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys

I've counted 5 Vj members stuck on ap for a quite sometime now. (that's including me)

and

I saw someone(indian member) mentioned field visit from consulate officers while their cases is processing but unfortunately no one mentioned any important info regarding that. Will they visit unannounced?

Hi there!

My husband has been waiting at Montreal for almost 10 months, he was given a 221g but Not additional docs were requested. He is Canadian Citizen but was born in Cuba. The consulate never post any updates in the file unless I send an email.

What do you mean by field visits? who went to where? please share more info if available

thanks!!

Edited by Idy Fdez

hey guys

and

on a/p 3 1/2 months now

I wish they'd come to house. I'll make tea!

Nothing. I'm sure I will do something soon since they have had requested proof for 1 month now.

How about you? anything?

Had 1st update after submitting the documents. It's being a month now, I'm happy to see at least an update.

hey guys

and

It"s being 3.5 month's and yeah they randomly visit places, you never no when and what time they going to show up!

Hi there!

My husband has been waiting at Montreal for almost 10 months, he was given a 221g but Not additional docs were requested. He is Canadian Citizen but was born in Cuba. The consulate never post any updates in the file unless I send an email.

What do you mean by field visits? who went to where? please share more info if available

thanks!!

10 months? :wow: that sucks. What country did you guys got married? IMO I don't think filed visitation applies for Canadians.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541696-administrative-processingadministrative-review/

on a/p 3 1/2 months now

I wish they'd come to house. I'll make tea!

Tea sounds nice. Does your ceac status update date keep changing ? and the embassy still has the passport?

Had 1st update after submitting the documents. It's being a month now, I'm happy to see at least an update.

It"s being 3.5 month's and yeah they randomly visit places, you never no when and what time they going to show up!

but how do they know if we're available to talk to them, if they visit unannounced? I do hope they call first!

Edited by M&R<3

Hi everyone, it seems those who have been put on Administrative Processing handed over some sort of 221g slips of different colors at different posts, my question is about my wife's case she been interviewed on jan21 2016 and never been given any sort of 221g slips to her but till now her status shows AP. Is it possible she is in mandatory AP though not been given any 221g slips?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

10 months? :wow: that sucks. What country did you guys got married? IMO I don't think filed visitation applies for Canadians.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541696-administrative-processingadministrative-review/

Tea sounds nice. Does your ceac status update date keep changing ? and the embassy still has the passport?

but how do they know if we're available to talk to them, if they visit unannounced? I do hope they call first!

Hi!!

yeap! 10 months and counting because they never post any update in the file unless i send an email.

We got married here in US but my husband was working in Bermuda at that time and his legal address was still in Canada so our attorney recommended us to file for Canada. at the interview the consular officer told him "everything was good you need to wait 2 or 3 weeks". but gave him the passport back. The file is at the embassy and we never expect this long waiting, all his records are clean. I involved my congressman and they got the same reply " Still in AP... we need to wait"
I'm not concern about field visits, i will love they do something so I can see some moving in the file.
Edited by Idy Fdez

sounds like good news if you got an update without having to inquire

Hi everyone, it seems those who have been put on Administrative Processing handed over some sort of 221g slips of different colors at different posts, my question is about my wife's case she been interviewed on jan21 2016 and never been given any sort of 221g slips to her but till now her status shows AP. Is it possible she is in mandatory AP though not been given any 221g slips?

Thanks

Sorry. I have no answer. I'm barely learning as we go...

ceac status keeps changing-but onlt because i, my husband, or congressman's office keep contacting. and no, they do not have his passport. they gave his passport and i believe his medical card back to him at the end of interview when placed on a/p.

sounds like good news if you got an update without having to inquire

It updated after tons of inquiries from me and one inquire from congressman

ceac status keeps changing-but onlt because i, my husband, or congressman's office keep contacting. and no, they do not have his passport. they gave his passport and i believe his medical card back to him at the end of interview when placed on a/p.

when did your husband get his passport back ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.