NatureWithUs

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING - WAIT TIMES - OUR RIGHTS

92 posts in this topic

You really might not need to do anything further. I would recommend not bothering them with emails unless it's necessary due to a change in your circumstances or you need to update some information.

You seem to be only in AP for a month; you are good. Don't think about AP, just think about your future together! Be happy for any updates you get. You can see my timeline under the spoiler to see our AP wait time. I really think we were waiting longer because our "ready" status lasted 40 days, when other cases being processed in Kabul around the same time were being issued in a matter of days. But in the end, we needed that time, and we are happy with how the process went for us.

Note: Your congressional representative cannot get any more information than you. I would suggest asking your congressperson's help if you have not gotten a response from the embassy in a reasonable time (45 days). Once you are out of AP, it should go fast. I really think the embassies work relatively fast; they are doing the best job possible! Think of AP in a three month time frame instead of three week time frame, because if it's shorter, you would be in a more positive mood!

Signature coming soon...

Please inform your congresswoman about the situation as they're the only people whose be able to find out what's going with the consulate.

Yes, I was thinking to give them the 60 days to do their due diligence and then contact.

Did they request additional documents?

If not then not much you can do but wait until they do their review. I think maybe a friendly reminder here and there may be helpful but not much can be done.

This is just a part of the system and it is unfortunate that some may have to deal with more AP than some.

They have no asked for anything this far

It might not actually be the embassy's fault. If the Sri Lankan government is not responding to requests for records or verification of data in a timely fashion that can cause AP to continue until the U.S. consulate/embassy gets the information they feel they require.

Good to know. We've just kearned as we go through the process up until now.

I have no idea how long the wait is! But google the consulate your case is at and find the info about immigrant visas. US consulate in Cuba for example specifies visas would be issued one week after the interview. However the case can go on administrative review for 60-90 days after interview; sometimes it can take up to a year. So really no rights when it comes to immigration.

My uncle's wife had her interview in June, they told her to come back three times because the visa wasn't ready. Finally, the fourth time she came back and they told her the AOS did not meet the income requisites. Long story short, they resubmitted the AOS last month, and now her medical exam is expired. SO it's just a mess.

Good luck with everything, and I'm so sorry you are going through this.

My mom has her interview next month and we are praying for no administrative review.

Thank you. I will certainly see what more info I can find out there.

Wish your family All The Best

Hi!

Just found this post, even though they mention Visas B1/B2. The same security system is applied to all of us. I don't have any issues with whatever they want or need to find out. I do have a big one with the time is taking. its an extremely painful and stressful period for a family.

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-behind-the-scenes-when-you-apply-for-a-U-S-visa-such-as-B1-B2-J1-or-H1B-stamp-in-a-U-S-consulate

Yes, I agree about the time but also the not knowing is hard. I fully agree security purposes are a Necessity. How to strike the balance...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/page-4?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all

You can read all about AP in the above forum. There are many couples stuck in the black hole of AP that can last days, weeks, months, or even years. There is a couple in AP now for 17 months. Not trying to scare you, but the VJers in these threads can be very supportive and helpful.

Best of Luck!

Edited by NatureWithUs

Thank you. I've certainly seen the nightmare stories out there. It's like getting a sniffle & going to google...?

They have given no answer as to why...

You really might not need to do anything further. I would recommend not bothering them with emails unless it's necessary due to a change in your circumstances or you need to update some information.

You seem to be only in AP for a month; you are good. Don't think about AP, just think about your future together! Be happy for any updates you get. You can see my timeline under the spoiler to see our AP wait time. I really think we were waiting longer because our "ready" status lasted 40 days, when other cases being processed in Kabul around the same time were being issued in a matter of days. But in the end, we needed that time, and we are happy with how the process went for us.

Note: Your congressional representative cannot get any more information than you. I would suggest asking your congressperson's help if you have not gotten a response from the embassy in a reasonable time (45 days). Once you are out of AP, it should go fast. I really think the embassies work relatively fast; they are doing the best job possible! Think of AP in a three month time frame instead of three week time frame, because if it's shorter, you would be in a more positive mood!

Yes, I was considering giving the 60 days the government site states it usually takes to process.

This embassy has been amazing with responding to my emails since before we got married. Usually within 1 day, 2 Max.

I just dont want to be in processing for months or years being seperated. I'll pick up, move & continue from there. ?

Looking at all of your replies...and I am made keenly aware...

There is something bigger than visas, something bigger than governments, politics, countries, and borders...IT is bigger than our tiny existence, our worries, our world, our life, and our love...yet...IT Absolutely Lives, Breathes, and Works Through All Of Them.

All of your responses are a Reminder of the Divine Existence of Humanity - Thank You

??????????

Thank you. I've certainly seen the nightmare stories out there. It's like getting a sniffle & going to google...?

They have given no answer as to why...

They don't need to give you an answer as to why. However, the reason why is probably because they are working on other cases that are older than yours. When you get an update, your case has been touched, and try to trust that there is progress being made. They probably then schedule your case to work in a few days to a week or so in the future on their calendar when the results of that action comes in. If they were to drop what they are doing every time a response to their inquiries came in, nothing would get done. They plan their work and work their plan, so you are in their 'queue' to work on soon. Your time will come! (F)

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

when we were in AP we were told not to contact unless we had been in AP for 6 months, 45 days is too soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And what embassy is doing during adminstrative processing? What do they check?

Hi Alessa:

It could be for missing documents (that's the easy one) or background checks (Take a look at this info)

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-behind-the-scenes-when-you-apply-for-a-U-S-visa-such-as-B1-B2-J1-or-H1B-stamp-in-a-U-S-consulate

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have been in AP 18 months so far. Green 221g nothing needed, but to wait for the processing to end. :clock::clock::clock: Best wishes for a faster AP! :energy:

You were the couple I was referring to. I was hoping you had heard something by now. Your positive attitude is inspiring. I pray you hear something very soon!

Timeline
My case has been on AP for 7 months at Montreal. No additional documents needed. the consular officer said "Everything looks fine, you need to wait 2 or 3 weeks". My husband is a Canadian Citizen but was born in Cuba. Has been here in US many times visiting and his police records from both countries are clean. The consulate always answer the same thing to me and to my congressman, "Still on AP you need to wait". Has been a really hard and sad waiting but not other choices are given.

Good luck to everybody waiting, All the best!! and Happy Holidays

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, I agree about the time but also the not knowing is hard. I fully agree security purposes are a Necessity. How to strike the balance...

Waiting and not knowing is very difficult. Not being able to plan anything and life being on hold without an idea of when a visa will be issued.

I'm in the same boat. I understand your pain. I pray for us all everyday!

Timeline

My case has been on AP for 7 months at Montreal. No additional documents needed. the consular officer said "Everything looks fine, you need to wait 2 or 3 weeks". My husband is a Canadian Citizen but was born in Cuba. Has been here in US many times visiting and his police records from both countries are clean. The consulate always answer the same thing to me and to my congressman, "Still on AP you need to wait". Has been a really hard and sad waiting but not other choices are given.

Good luck to everybody waiting, All the best!! and Happy Holidays

Idy I remember you. I can't believe you are still waiting, Montreal is just so slow, I hope soon this nightmare will be over for all of us. Sending positive vibes your way. Happy Holidays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.