1,055 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Sandra, thanks for your help. I am more than grateful. I do have another question for you :) . A lady here at the shelter wants to send in her documents this weekend. She has everything prepared but she is asking for the fee waiver. What kind of documents can she submit, as proof that she needs assistance. Her children are receiving benefits from the government. Also, does she need to attach the request for fee waiver to each of the packets she is sending? She is filling i360, 485, ead and Ap at once. She also seems to believe that the forms and documents have to be arranged in a particular order. I have never heard of that before. Does it really matter how you arrange the documents when sending it? I just sent all in a brown envelope. Maybe that is why I have not heard any thing back. She is really starting to scare me. Please advise. thanks. Can other people share their stories too? Did you arrange your forms and supporting evidence in a special way?

APPROVED!!!! So happy to add to Sandra's list of 2016 approvals!!! CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU so so much Sandra, never will be writing this if it were not for your amazing help. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! God Bless you for all you do for us here.

Congrats also to all other new approvals!!! For those waiting ..please do no loose hope even when all seems silent...there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you everyone here on this forum for all your support and encouragement...I will be posting my timeline soon now that part 1 of my journey has come to an end.

So happy to graduate to the other side...part 2 of my journey begins...

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Very faithful she has to submit a copy of the government assistance that her children are receiving, a copy of the lease agreement, insurance etc..She should mention that she has no saving or assets and no family in the USA to help her financially.

In the form I-912 line 5 she will put "I-485,I765, I-131". Her documents should be inside of one single envelope, if she is submitting AOS for her children then she should separate the cases and put each child's documents inside of one envelope and put all documents inside of one single brown envelope.

USCIS published some general tips on assembling applications for mailing documents such as the I-912 and the cover letter must be on the top of the documents. But USCIS will not deny a case because the documents were not assembled following their tips.USCIS arranges the documents in a particular order and not the way the VAWA filer submits the documents.

Very faithful when did you submit your I-360/485?

Thanks everyone. Here is my part 1 timeline:

April 2015: - I -360 package submitted

- PF received

June 2015: RFE (abuse- given 84 days to submit response)

Sept 2015: RFE submitted and VSC acknowledges receipt after 1week of initial submission

Jan 2016 : I-360 APPROVED ( yap..waited 4months after submitting the RFE...it was excruciating silence from VSC But I have come to learn being delayed does not mean being denied. This journey takes a lot out of you emotionally and each case/timeline is never the same).

A lot of prayer, faith and support from this forum kept me sane. Thank you everyone!

Now to Part 2: AOS/EAD/AP

Just a quick question to anyone who submitted a fee waiver for all 3:

1. Did you get approved/after how long?

2. Anyone with success expediting this process (what evidence to submit apart from being jobless)

3. Do I have to submit another affidavit for fee waiver and expedition of all 3?

Any help/answer is greatly appreciated...

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Fresh 15 USCIS will expedite just in extreme situations.I saw just two cases expedited in the past two years.The last case was expedited last week,the person suffered a terrible motorcycle accident and he will take one year to walk again and he needs the help of his family is his family in his home country because hr lives alone and can't walk at all then uscis expedited his case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.